Opinion Top 8 in 2022?

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Geez our squad is looking good for next year, TPJ and Hethrington on the edges, Thompson has a real front rower to partner him up front in Vaughn, we've got plenty of speed in Dufty, Ado-Carr, Naden, Burton with his massive boot and X-factor.

On top of this, our other players will lift with the new energy that the recruits bring, might even develop a winning culture again. I think Cotric will really improve next year with the team we have.
Hopefully Josh Cook is a reasonable dummy half, like better than Katoa, someone who just provides good service and defends well but I have my doubts about him just because of his inexperience and he needs to bulk up still.

Plus we have Max King, Braidon Burns, Stuckey, Tui, hopefully they can avoid major injuries. Melb really see potential in Max King and Brandon Burns was tipped to play rep when he first came into the NRL, it's only injuries that have held these fellas back.

So where do you see us mid season and at the end of the reg season?

I think we'll be around 9th pos, hopefully higher

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have the depth and will definitely improve. We should be aiming for top 8 with the recruitment we had but hooker, fb and a decent HB could be an issue. I don’t know how Dufty or Cook will go.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have us as the Smokey to lead the competition from start to finish and the kennel will be in overdrive.
Shock and awe entertainers with more long distance tries than ever before.
Trophy coming to belmore peoples.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No excuses with this squad for Baz, we now have the talent we just need the plan to go with it or heads should roll.
I'm saying we will be deep in the top 8 if we have the plan and the team stays reasonably injury/judiciary-free.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We still don’t have a complete spine for top 8 or the defence unless something major happens in the off season

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's quite possible, but too many variables to know for sure. I think we'll probably start slow, till everyone starts blending together. Then, things should start to get interesting.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I expect a slow start with all of the new signings. But they should at least be competing for a top 8 spot by the end of the season. If not, Baz probably won't be around for a third season.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the top 6 from this year Penrith, Melb, Souths, Manly, Parra and Easts, will make the 8 next year on talent alone unless there’s some twist in form or injuries, which is always a chance.

And the final two spots are anybody’s who can string a decent run or two together throughout the season, including us.

Win half your games, you’re probably in the top 6. That’s how easy… and hard… it is.

I would not count out a single team from the top 8, you only need a bit of a run, that’s what makes it easy. Trouble is that applies to your competitors too, that’s what makes it hard.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 - 9 if Barrett can coach at all

There's only 5 teams with better rosters than us (Panthers, Storm, Souths, Manly, Cronulla).

Others we could easily finish ahead of.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Still short a 1, 7, 9. Basically we fuckin spineless. I'd say 12th. In sayin that. I hope Cook and Duffy come good. But I ain't go much faith in Duffy. He is a **** if you ask me
Agree 1, 7 & 9 big question mark for me.
I also have little confidence in Duffy.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from 2 games last year we were competitive in every game,with arguably the worst roster in the nrl,if we can stay healthy I see no reason for not making the 8,and from there who knows.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No reason we can't beat dragons, tigers, cowboys, warriors, knights, titans and Broncos.... the sharks and raiders are wild cards for the 8 next year and manly are a turbo injury away from flopping.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not having a #7 will hurt. Without a #7 I don’t really see how we crack the top 8. As much as I love Burton he can’t do it on his own and the crackers in Averello, Wakeham and Flannagan are more a hinderance then support for Burton.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
6 - 9 if Barrett can coach at all

There's only 5 teams with better rosters than us (Panthers, Storm, Souths, Manly, Cronulla).

Others we could easily finish ahead of.
Cronulla, better roster ……….. really!

Moylan, Fifita & Graham, between the 3 of them they will be injured more than they play and McInnes is coming off a horrid ACL.
Damien on his day is as good as any centre, but he doesn’t have them often enough, who is the other centre, Xerri is still persona non grata.
Tracy is about 5 rungs on any ladder below Burton.
Fitzgibbon in his first year as coach replacing the very player popular Morris, who knows how the long term players will react.
Finucane is a Jackson clone, he‘s just been playing in a better team.
They don’t have anyone to compete with Thompson or TPJ.
Cotric & JAC compared to SKatoa & Mulitalo, I’d call that a win for us.
My opinion, neither of the Braileys has progressed as much as many thought, their reputation is higher than their achievements to date.

Sorry, but I can’t get even close to them having a better roster.

Always a Bulldog

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Josh cook ends up being the goods we will make the 8. It’s that simple because we won’t do shit with JMK at hooker the whole year. If Cook goes well, then Burton will go well and Avo will grow as a player next to him. Dufty will give us plenty of tries but his defence is worrying