Top 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well he trained all off season in the centres.
Well he started at 7 in reserve grade this year and not as you stated at centre... so we don't know what plans Pay had before Brown, Frawley and Lichaa went off the rails and didn't perform as Pay hoped.

" Lewis wasn't our reserve 7 to start the year, Pay didn't want him there and had him in the centres lol." That is incorrect.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well he started at 7 in reserve grade this year and not as you stated at centre... so we don't know what plans Pay had before Brown, Frawley and Lichaa went off the rails and didn't perform as Pay hoped.

" Lewis wasn't our reserve 7 to start the year, Pay didn't want him there and had him in the centres lol." That is incorrect.
True. But he wasn't seen as a backup half anf that's why he isn't in our top squad.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
True. But he wasn't seen as a backup half anf that's why he isn't in our top squad.
And now we have gone full circle back to my original and subsequent posts...he should have been :grinning:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very true..that's why we are on here sitting around discussing it, expressing our views.
no doubt...

I personally would have done a few things differently , as an outsider looking in ..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
no doubt...

I personally would have done a few things differently , as an outsider looking in ..
The frustration of it all is just depressing...that's the supporters main concern.

We had high hopes but Dean looks so hamstrung as to be partially ineffectual. The liking of him caught in the headlights seems harsh ...but possible.

We had hoped that the club would def more quickly come out of these bizarre goings on but no they are continuing on.

Take the medicine now. I get that. But decisions have to at least look like they make sense....a lot haven't and fans aren't happy and worried about where this apparent train wreck is gonna end up.

The club admin can't expect members and supporters to just accept that this all makes sense..it doesn't.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The frustration of it all is just depressing...that's the supporters main concern.

We had high hopes but Dean looks so hamstrung as to be partially ineffectual. The liking of him caught in the headlights seems harsh ...but possible.

We had hoped that the club would def more quickly come out of these bizarre goings on but no they are continuing on.

Take the medicine now. I get that. But decisions have to at least look like they make sense....a lot haven't and fans aren't happy and worried about where this apparent train wreck is gonna end up.

The club admin can't expect members and supporters to just accept that this all makes sense..it doesn't.
I know its tough , but this is when we need to stick by the club the most ..

I asked for change and I got it..

Its hard to see it atm but I think we are starting to steady the ship and hopefully there will be smooth sailing ahead..

if not for work commitments I would have renewed my expired membership (from 2015) this year to show the club I support what they are doing..

I hope I'm right , but only time will tell..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The fans shouldn't be kept in the dark about this, and most certainly should not be lied to about things.

If Woods AND Mbye goes, that's 2 lies straight away by our new board. Actually 3, because Hill said we were cap compliant.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fans shouldn't be kept in the dark about this, and most certainly should not be lied to about things.

If Woods AND Mbye goes, that's 2 lies straight away by our new board. Actually 3, because Hill said we were cap compliant.
Fans havent been kept in the dark

You're just to ignorant to concede that dibshit & desaster fucked the club and its fans up the ass with no lube whatsoever

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fans havent been kept in the dark

You're just to ignorant to concede that dibshit & desaster fucked the club and its fans up the ass with no lube whatsoever
waiting for the 10 page essay dribble....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Mr I....my issues are not politically or agenda driven like yours.

How many times can it be explained to you, to clear your head of your sick obsession against the new board.

It was made clear to us that we are cap compliant but only just. We need to get some new players and all we afford are youngster the second tier players because we have no sc money.

Its as obvious to any fair minded fan that a successful club needs sc wriggle room. Thats whst they are trying to achieve and we presume front load some contracts.

No one really knows what exactly is happening but hope like hell its for the best because the current board are all we have.

I want my club back. I expect this rubbish to be resolved professionally and quickly and the board need to be forthcoming with some reassurances that there is a workable plan in progress. I want to hear about it because I am sick of the disrespect and trashing of our name.

Mr I that disrespect was caused by Dib and co and a meglomaniac control freak who was allowed to run amuck with our club's integrity and future.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fans havent been kept in the dark. You're just to ignorant to concede that dibshit & desaster fucked the club and its fans up the ass with no lube whatsoever
Yeah we have. When we are finding out from publications a fortnight before a players released. That's keeping fans in the dark.
When we have no vision of the future and confirmed signings, that's keeping fans in the dark.

All the fans were told is that we were cap complaint for 2018 and 2019, and had to sign 5 players for $500,000.

Since then suddenly we've had to ship Moses Mbye off to the Tigers, and sounds like Woods is following him. All this and who do we have to replace him at fullback. A nobody who can't even perform at NSW Cup level. BRILLIANT!

Therefore the cap compliance thing was a load of bullshit (in addition to the coach and CEO stating Mbye wasn't going anywhere).

It's different names but the same bullshit going on. Fans left completely in the dark.

How hard is it to come out to the media and honestly state what in the actual fuck is going on, so the fanbase at least have an idea and indication where things are headed.

The only reasons I can think as to why they don't want to do this is either:
a) They don't have the foggiest clue themselves.
b) They don't want to nuke half the memerbship numbers for the 2019 season by letting everyone know they don't have a clue.

We can only blame the previous administration so much. They aren't the ones releasing players, and the question needs asking... if they were still in, what would they be doing. Maybe the answer was continuing to backload contracts, but that only gets you so far.

I want my club back. I expect this rubbish to be resolved professionally and quickly and the board need to be forthcoming with some reassurances that there is a workable plan in progress. I want to hear about it because I am sick of the disrespect and trashing of our name.
I'm just sick of reading more and more about the bullshit about where our players are going, rather than reading about winning games.

Reassurance.... that is EXACTLY what the fanbase needs about now.

I don't expect a win every week, but there's only so many losses a fan can take before it becomes downright frustrating.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah we have. When we are finding out from publications a fortnight before a players released. That's keeping fans in the dark.
When we have no vision of the future and confirmed signings, that's keeping fans in the dark.

All the fans were told is that we were cap complaint for 2018 and 2019, and had to sign 5 players for $500,000.

Since then suddenly we've had to ship Moses Mbye off to the Tigers, and sounds like Woods is following him. All this and who do we have to replace him at fullback. A nobody who can't even perform at NSW Cup level. BRILLIANT!

Therefore the cap compliance thing was a load of bullshit (in addition to the coach and CEO stating Mbye wasn't going anywhere).

It's different names but the same bullshit going on. Fans left completely in the dark.

How hard is it to come out to the media and honestly state what in the actual fuck is going on, so the fanbase at least have an idea and indication where things are headed.

The only reasons I can think as to why they don't want to do this is either:
a) They don't have the foggiest clue themselves.
b) They don't want to nuke half the memerbship numbers for the 2019 season by letting everyone know they don't have a clue.

We can only blame the previous administration so much. They aren't the ones releasing players, and the question needs asking... if they were still in, what would they be doing. Maybe the answer was continuing to backload contracts, but that only gets you so far.

I'm just sick of reading more and more about the bullshit about where our players are going, rather than reading about winning games.

Reassurance.... that is EXACTLY what the fanbase needs about now.

I don't expect a win every week, but there's only so many losses a fan can take before it becomes downright frustrating.
The club is in a salary cap mess.

The only people who know the exact figure is the people behind the doors at Belmore.

You say the Anderson's havent got the business smarts and just to keep you "satisfied" (as you obviously are never happy) what do you expect them to say?

Hi Mr Invisible, we apologise for keeping a long time member (which you are not) in the dark, but the truth of the matter is that we must shed players so we are cap compliant for next season. We are currently $1m over the cap.

Next minute

"Knock, knock"
Whose there?
Ivan
Ivan who?
Ivan Cleary
Yes come in
Ill give you 400k for moses mbye
No sorry thats not enough
Fuck ya, use are the ***** over the cap who must shed players. Take it or leave it

Knock, knock"
Whose there?
Flano
Flano who?
Peptide Flano from the Sharks
Yes come in
Ill give you 400k for Woodsie
No sorry thats not enough
Fuck ya, use are the ***** over the cap who must shed players. Take it or leave it

You might want to rethink that one sbout previous board not releasing players. We currently still have 5 on our books playing elsewhere

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe the club is trying to shift some cap space by underspending this year?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My understanding of it is that every team has 30 named players (confirmed by end of June).

1-25 are on full first grade wages.
26-30 are on reduced first grade wages.
On top of this each team can sign Development Players (it would appear there is no limit on them), HOWEVER the team must nominate them in advance and inform NRL they are Development Players. In addition to this Development players cannot debut and be named to play in squads, without special permission from the NRL (generally due to injuries and nobody in Top 30 that can cover them).

Lewis cannot be named as (it appears) he is a Development Player. I'd say Woolford and Bergamin are in the same boat.

Even with Foran injured (and Nu Brown), because we have Frawley and JMK capable of playing in the halves, Lewis is deemed unable to play.
A club is allowed three to a maximum of six development players who are to be paid a wage not exceeding 60k per season.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/26...revent-robbie-farah-style-wests-tigers-exile/

Each club is also allowed three-to-six players on a development list, who can be paid up to $60,000 each but are not permitted to play in the Telstra Premiership without approval from the salary cap auditor.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I may be wrong but you are not restricted from having as many players as you want, but it needs to be at least 30 by a certain date and they all have to come out of the Salary Cap. Other players can be out of the lower Tier cap but to play First grade they would need to be counted in the primary (Top Tier) Salary Cap.

Lewis is in the second tier, for him to play we would need him to be in the top tier or get special dispensation. As far as why didn't we have Lewis in the top tier remember we only just had enough money after releasing Graham and Kasiano, and possibly others after signing Foran and Woods. So didn't have much room to move. When Suli went, we obviously used that money to brink JMK into the top tier cap. Signing Suli was an attempt to offset the loss of the Morris Boys as they knew we wouldn't be able to resign them.

Having said all that If Mbye gets an early release I would expect Lewis will be added to the 30.
I don't think you can fiddle with the Top 30 after the 30 June as that is also the cut off date set for signing of players for this year so any replacing of players needs to be done before then.......

No second tier cap anymore just the development squad outside the top 30

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/the-salary-cap/

2018 Replacement of the NRL second tier with the NRL Development List where players will be entitled to $60,000 p.a.

Status
Not open for further replies.