Top 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Without knowing timeframes and what happened in preseason it's pretty harsh to judge... Just remember when pay was appointed.. and also remember that Foran was meant to solve our halves problem.. there are so many factors to consider, that people often don't think about...
Only factor I thought would be a priority is to have your second choice halves available for selection if needed in fg bavk ups.

Lewis and Cleeland as halves would be of more value than Ceruto or even Wakeham as he is 20's half and is behind ISP.

That decision looks on face value to be non-sensical.

Other teams would have their 2nds halves available for selection...

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And this is the big guessing game. No one knows who are numbers 26 to 30. I would have gone for
26. Ogden
27. Woolford
28. Reimis Smith
29. Mason Cerruto
30. Lewis or Cleeland.

Just my guess based on website, whos played and the fact we had to declare 29 players by 31 March.

We've done to death that Lewis isnt in.
Safe to assume Cleeland is not.
Okunbor is not. He is not even shown in the 31 players profiled on the website for 1st grade
Wakeham is development.

Is is a farce the club doesnt publish the names and a bigger farce the NRL dont make them.
It makes selections for us armchair experts really hard!!!! Maybe Pay doesnt know either

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
And this is the big guessing game. No one knows who are numbers 26 to 30. I would have gone for
26. Ogden
27. Woolford
28. Reimis Smith
29. Mason Cerruto
30. Lewis or Cleeland.

Just my guess based on website, whos played and the fact we had to declare 29 players by 31 March.

We've done to death that Lewis isnt in.
Safe to assume Cleeland is not.
Okunbor is not. He is not even shown in the 31 players profiled on the website for 1st grade
Wakeham is development.

Is is a farce the club doesnt publish the names and a bigger farce the NRL dont make them.
It makes selections for us armchair experts really hard!!!! Maybe Pay doesnt know either
anterbury Bulldogs

2018 squad: Aaron Woods (2021), Adam Elliott (2020), Asipeli Fine (2018), Brett Morris (2018), Clay Priest (2019), Danny Fualalo (2019), David Klemmer (2020), Fa'amanu Brown (2019), Francis Tualau (2019), Greg Eastwood (2018), Jeremy Marshall-King (2018), John Olive (Bulldogs - 2019), Josh Cleeland (2018), Josh Jackson (2020), Josh Morris (2018), Kerrod Holland (2020), Kieran Foran (2020), Mason Cerruto (2018), Marcelo Montoya (2020), Matt Frawley (2018), Michael Lichaa (2019), Moses Mbye (2020), Ofahiki Ogden (2019), Raymond Faitala-Mariner (2020), Reimis Smith (2019), Moses Suli (2020), Renouf To'omaga (2020), Rhyse Martin (2019), Will Hopoate (2020), Zac Woolford (2018), Brandon Wakeman (2020
This is the squad just take out Suli and add JMK.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
anterbury Bulldogs

2018 squad: Aaron Woods (2021), Adam Elliott (2020), Asipeli Fine (2018), Brett Morris (2018), Clay Priest (2019), Danny Fualalo (2019), David Klemmer (2020), Fa'amanu Brown (2019), Francis Tualau (2019), Greg Eastwood (2018), Jeremy Marshall-King (2018), John Olive (Bulldogs - 2019), Josh Cleeland (2018), Josh Jackson (2020), Josh Morris (2018), Kerrod Holland (2020), Kieran Foran (2020), Mason Cerruto (2018), Marcelo Montoya (2020), Matt Frawley (2018), Michael Lichaa (2019), Moses Mbye (2020), Ofahiki Ogden (2019), Raymond Faitala-Mariner (2020), Reimis Smith (2019), Moses Suli (2020), Renouf To'omaga (2020), Rhyse Martin (2019), Will Hopoate (2020), Zac Woolford (2018), Brandon Wakeman (2020
This is the squad just take out Suli and add JMK.
Interesting - you've got 31 on your list but take out Suli, takes it to 30.
I can't argue cause i don't know but would seem a dud decision to include a 19 year old half back (Wakeman) ahead of Lewis or even Cleeland who both played a full year of reserve grade with us last year. and then we sign Cogger for next year which makes it seem like 'the decision makers' dont rate Wakeman either!!

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Interesting - you've got 31 on your list but take out Suli, takes it to 30.
I can't argue cause i don't know but would seem a dud decision to include a 19 year old half back (Wakeman) ahead of Lewis or even Cleeland who both played a full year of reserve grade with us last year. and then we sign Cogger for next year which makes it seem like 'the decision makers' dont rate Wakeman either!!
As I said take out suli and add JMK. They have big Hope's for Wakeman on development contract I believe.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you promote a player to the top 30 if their is a player in the top 30 who has sustained an injury and is out for the year?
Why...are you going to knee cap Montoya or Frawley

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Without knowing timeframes and what happened in preseason it's pretty harsh to judge... Just remember when pay was appointed.. and also remember that Foran was meant to solve our halves problem.. there are so many factors to consider, that people often don't think about...
Bit stupid knowing Forans injury history.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I said take out suli and add JMK. They have big Hope's for Wakeman on development contract I believe.
As far as i know, a development contract is not part of the NRL 30 (each club is allowed 6 separate development contracts) so that means we have 29 and that actually makes sense - the next date is 30 June to declare our 30

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
lik
Bit stupid knowing Forans injury history.
like I said several factors that we are not privy to.. and just remembers opinions can change on players, not really fair to decide on a top 30 so early in the year..

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This would have to the dumbest rule ever. Players form fluctuate throughout a season so to have to name 30 before the season is handicapping clubs straight up. Regardless of injuries player 30 could easily be outplayed by player 31 at some point during the season.

The nrl is pretty much saying isp means nothing if you haven’t been named to this stupid squad of 30. Fuck the nrl is so fucking short sighted. I can’t even watch another game over the weekend because of the refs. They are just fucking lucky that rugby is even worse to watch and run by an even bigger fuckwit.
I can watch an afl game to fill in time that’s how shit our game is to watch lately. FMD wake up NRL get your shit together.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would have to the dumbest rule ever. Players form fluctuate throughout a season so to have to name 30 before the season is handicapping clubs straight up. Regardless of injuries player 30 could easily be outplayed by player 31 at some point during the season.

The nrl is pretty much saying isp means nothing if you haven’t been named to this stupid squad of 30. Fuck the nrl is so fucking short sighted. I can’t even watch another game over the weekend because of the refs. They are just fucking lucky that rugby is even worse to watch and run by an even bigger fuckwit.
I can watch an afl game to fill in time that’s how shit our game is to watch lately. FMD wake up NRL get your shit together.
I agree about fuckwits running the game.
We need Vince McMahon . The game is all drama now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
lik

like I said several factors that we are not privy to.. and just remembers opinions can change on players, not really fair to decide on a top 30 so early in the year..
Shows little foresight for halves injuries though not to include your reserve grade No.7...as someone said...Club was well aware of Forans pre-existing injuries that Rahme was working on all pre-season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Shows little foresight for halves injuries though not to include your reserve grade No.7...as someone said...Club was well aware of Forans pre-existing injuries that Rahme was working on all pre-season.
Lewis wasn't our reserve 7 to start the year, Pay didn't want him there and had him in the centres lol.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be wrong but you are not restricted from having as many players as you want, but it needs to be at least 30 by a certain date and they all have to come out of the Salary Cap. Other players can be out of the lower Tier cap but to play First grade they would need to be counted in the primary (Top Tier) Salary Cap.

Lewis is in the second tier, for him to play we would need him to be in the top tier or get special dispensation. As far as why didn't we have Lewis in the top tier remember we only just had enough money after releasing Graham and Kasiano, and possibly others after signing Foran and Woods. So didn't have much room to move. When Suli went, we obviously used that money to brink JMK into the top tier cap. Signing Suli was an attempt to offset the loss of the Morris Boys as they knew we wouldn't be able to resign them.

Having said all that If Mbye gets an early release I would expect Lewis will be added to the 30.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis wasn't our reserve 7 to start the year, Pay didn't want him there and had him in the centres lol.
Lewis went to Centre in Round 3 ...but only after Pay dropped Frawley.

Since then he has shown versatility and they have stuffed him around, as well as Brown, filling in to suit Frawley and Lichaa cos they aren't FG standard.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lewis went to Centre in Round 3 ...but only after Pay dropped Frawley.

Since then he has shown versatility and they have stuffed him around, as well as Brown, filling in to suit Frawley and Lichaa cos they aren't FG standard.
Well he trained all off season in the centres.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NRl just need to revert to the system like ESL have, where players can sign with 2 clubs (or be loaned on contract to other clubs)... Would make the competition more interesting than stopping talent coming through.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
not his fault Nu brown decided to be a lazy c#nt.. I'm sure he was in the picture as well as mbye as a possible back up and JMK .. Maybe there was issues with lewis too .. you just don't know and nor do I ..

Its easy to sit here and say couldve shouldve would've especially when you don't know the full story.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
not his fault Nu brown decided to be a lazy c#nt.. I'm sure he was in the picture as well as mbye as a possible back up and JMK .. Maybe there was issues with lewis too .. you just don't know and nor do I ..

Its easy to sit here and say couldve shouldve would've especially when you don't know the full story.
Very true..that's why we are on here sitting around discussing it, expressing our views.

Status
Not open for further replies.