Tony Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
t rex needs to be running onto the ball at speed our halves havent worked out how to do this yet

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With the way the Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses tackle T-Rex should have a field day on Friday night....here's hoping!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Should probably pay attention to how many metres he's been making then
According to NRL.com stats, in terms of total metres run by bulldogs players this year, he is the 3rd highest ranked forward, and the highest ranked back rower. Only Graham and Tolman have more metres.

In 2014, he was the 4th highest forward, and the highest edge forward. Tolman, Graham and Finucane ran more metres, but they were middle players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
According to NRL.com stats, in terms of total metres run by bulldogs players this year, he is the 3rd highest ranked forward, and the highest ranked back rower. Only Graham and Tolman have more metres.

In 2014, he was the 4th highest forward, and the highest edge forward. Tolman, Graham and Finucane ran more metres, and they were middle players.
Pretty impressive stat imo, your no slouch if your achieving that, even more so when your playing out wider as he does. I guess the perception is just that.
If your a consistently clocking up good meters, thats really all that should matter (assuming he isn't giving away too many errors while doing it).

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

In 2014, he was the 4th highest forward, and the highest edge forward. Tolman, Graham and Finucane ran more metres, and they were middle players.
That's why I've been saying people are being way too harsh on T REX, if you stack his numbers up against opposition players who play the same position he out scores the majority in all stats.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

In 2014, he was the 4th highest forward, and the highest edge forward. Tolman, Graham and Finucane ran more metres, but they were middle players.

Thanks for the stats. Some people including me might stand corrected.
Still think his tackle count is down, but that may be connected to his role as required by Mr Des.
Interesting how one player can attract such differing opinions.
Thanks.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People just wanna see him kill people that's all. We know the stats we just wanna see it in a more violent way.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
So all of you think that he is going great

Well you should buy a TV and watch the game not pick up a paper and look at bullshit stats.

You cant see him running (I mean walking) like a cat in the paper.

Good offload?........yeah thats because he dosent like being tackled the pussie.

You keep pumping him up and I will continue to bag him and wait for the usual bullshit replies

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just look at Taumalolo from the Cowboys.

Outside of Thurston he is a wrecking ball.

Would he be the same wrecking ball playing outside of Hodkinson?

How would Trex go playing outside of Thurston?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Well you should buy a TV and watch the game not pick up a paper and look at bullshit stats.

Good offload?........yeah thats because he dosent like being tackled the pussie.

You keep pumping him up and I will continue to bag him and wait for the usual bullshit replies
Running like a wrecking ball makes great video highlights, meters wins games.

Yes I'd like to see him hit the line hard, but I'm not going to criticise him for only being behind two of our best in meters run, that play down the middle.

I have a great TV, but the stats on this one tell the more compelling story.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So all of you think that he is going greatWell you should buy a TV and watch the game not pick up a paper and look at bullshit stats.You cant see him running (I mean walking) like a cat in the paper.Good offload?........yeah thats because he dosent like being tackled the pussie.You keep pumping him up and I will continue to bag him and wait for the usual bullshit replies
And you'll continue to be wrong

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
he's just gotta get good revs when he runs and stop getting the ball flat

for example it seems kasiano has a similar top speed but better acceleration but rexy needs more time to get that speed up

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Des is a scientist. It's all about stats but I think we all want to see stats + making the highlight reel

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Perhaps it's you who needs to purchase the TV. And if you already own one then try turning it on or better yet watch it with your eyes open because T REX has been a leader this season.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Perhaps it's you who needs to purchase the TV. And if you already own one then try turning it on or better yet watch it with your eyes open because T REX has been a leader this season.
A leader my arse.

A leader is a person who leads from the front.

Tolman, Graham, Klemmer, Browne and the rest of the forward pack who earn and deserve respect from team mates and opposition are leaders.
Not this imposter.

Old bloke kafausi runs much harder than him.

If we had cheer girls MAYBE he could lead them

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope frankie and trex have their weetbix tomorrw night and run straight and hard thru turnstile brooks and Moses.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A leader my arse.

A leader is a person who leads from the front.

Tolman, Graham, Klemmer, Browne and the rest of the forward pack who earn and deserve respect from team mates and opposition are leaders.
Not this imposter.

Old bloke kafausi runs much harder than him.

If we had cheer girls MAYBE he could lead them
So the fact that williams has put up numbers that are only behind tolman and graham, therefore putting up better than the rest of our forward pack obviously means he hasn't been earning or performing right.....

b00merang

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With the way the Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses tackle T-Rex should have a field day on Friday night....here's hoping!
With the way Brooks and Moses have been tackling Preston Campbell would run over the top of them.

Would love to see us really isolate those 2. T-Rex is usually marked pretty well. After he bumps off one player there's usually 2-3 more there to make the tackle

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
With the way Brooks and Moses have been tackling Preston Campbell would run over the top of them.

Would love to see us really isolate those 2. T-Rex is usually marked pretty well. After he bumps off one player there's usually 2-3 more there to make the tackle
This. TRex is always heavily marked, and Hokko has a tendency to pass to him without drawing and defenders first. It it all looks very slow and predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.