Tony Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about when he played origin? they used him exactly the same way as they did at manly? he was rubbish and got hooked.
He's also had a back injury which could have been a contributing factor to his change in play style, and as I said he is a different player now. He got picked for origin based on his form at club level and yet they don't use him in the way that got him picked. That's just the shitness of nsw origin selectors

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What about his piss weak attempt at tackle when it was 4-4. He was fresh on the field. Commentators said it was Frank. It couldn't have been anyone but the she-rex.
Hahaha..... Human turnstile! He was still spinning while Maloney was lining up to take the kick..

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate you didn't sign the guy, and you sure as shit don't foach the team, so I couldn't care less what you expected him to do. His errors have been down this season, so have his penalties and he has been making more tackles as well so I couldn't care less how ****ing slow he jumps on a dropped ball, if you haven't realised our entire team plays flat as **** and that's a problem that starts with the halves not your ****ing second rowers
As a paying members, I'm pretty sure that our opinions matter, cause when members aren't satisfied with results, they don't renew the following year and that's bad for business.... The fact I had to point this out to you makes it clear that any conversation with you is beneath me and everyone else here.

You obviously have a thing for Tony, or you may just be blinded by stupidity, or you could even be Tony himself... Who knows, who cares. Regardless, if it wasn't for fans, where would the money be coming from to fund the NRL and its teams? Think about how dumb you look before you reply...

"Better to stay silent and have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Or something like that....

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not all, im just talking in general. and the ones we have are lazy. they don't have the work ethic of people like Jackson,tolman and so on.
same why players like Jackson and tolman don't have the skill level the poly players do.
LOL all good mate I agree.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if rex is lazy, to me he comes across as a big Dodo almost "Waterboy" like hahahaha.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a paying members, I'm pretty sure that our opinions matter, cause when members aren't satisfied with results, they don't renew the following year and that's bad for business.... The fact I had to point this out to you makes it clear that any conversation with you is beneath me and everyone else here.

You obviously have a thing for Tony, or you may just be blinded by stupidity, or you could even be Tony himself... Who knows, who cares. Regardless, if it wasn't for fans, where would the money be coming from to fund the NRL and its teams? Think about how dumb you look before you reply...

"Better to stay silent and have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Or something like that....
Notice that expectations and opinions are two different things, never have I said that someone's opinion doesn't matter. The only thing I've challenged the validity of is people expectations. And mate you just placed yourself up on a pedestal to talk down to someone on an Internet forum, congrats on being the arbiter of class....

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
everyone has their own opinion on different things, but I hope we all agree on one thing, this is far from good enough from our team. blame the players blame the coach take your pick but end of the day someone has to be responsible. we are to big of a club to have to watch what we have been all this year.
this is not the bulldogs I know.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
everyone has their own opinion on different things, but I hope we all agree on one thing, this is far from good enough from our team. blame the players blame the coach take your pick but end of the day someone has to be responsible. we are to big of a club to have to watch what we have been all this year.
this is not the bulldogs I know.
my opinion is that it starts with the halves, a coach can only do so much in preparing a team but we have been going out each week without a halfback. we look a lot better with lafai and bmorris in the team but hodkinson looks shot, doesn't offer anything in attack anymore and isn't even really doing what he was good at last year which was directing players around and keeping somewhat of an attacking structure. reynolds has been on and off and mbye is still too green to judge.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Notice that expectations and opinions are two different things, never have I said that someone's opinion doesn't matter. The only thing I've challenged the validity of is people expectations. And mate you just placed yourself up on a pedestal to talk down to someone on an Internet forum, congrats on being the arbiter of class....
Well, even on a forum, some people need to be spoken down to, to be shown where they stand.

Do you seriously think everyone who expects him to play to his potential and his worth is a big ask?

The fact he was signed on huge dollars means someone who actually would put in the effort is either getting paid less or had to be released. Let's put aside opinions and expectations for a moment and look at facts.. Its plain for anyone to see when they watch him, everything about him says " I'm just here for the money". There's no pride, no enthusiasm, no willingness or heart in his game. He does not put in half the effort he did at Manly, and that has nothing to do with playing a different position, its all about character! Graham could have played the homesick card, but instead he came in and played like he was born with blue and white running through his viens.

At least Kas and Frank put in solid games before they both started playing like overweight bystanders, Tony has been a burdon on the team since he put pen to paper. If we hadnt signed him, we could have had a decent #7 to replace Hodko since his slump in form. But unfortunately, our cap is taken up by overpriced lazy sacks of crap in the likes of Williams, Kasiano and Pritchard.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, even on a forum, some people need to be spoken down to, to be shown where they stand.

Do you seriously think everyone who expects him to play to his potential and his worth is a big ask?

The fact he was signed on huge dollars means someone who actually would put in the effort is either getting paid less or had to be released. Let's put aside opinions and expectations for a moment and look at facts.. Its plain for anyone to see when they watch him, everything about him says " I'm just here for the money". There's no pride, no enthusiasm, no willingness or heart in his game. He does not put in half the effort he did at Manly, and that has nothing to do with playing a different position, its all about character! Graham could have played the homesick card, but instead he came in and played like he was born with blue and white running through his viens.

At least Kas and Frank put in solid games before they both started playing like overweight bystanders, Tony has been a burdon on the team since he put pen to paper. If we hadnt signed him, we could have had a decent #7 to replace Hodko since his slump in form. But unfortunately, our cap is taken up by overpriced lazy sacks of crap in the likes of Williams, Kasiano and Pritchard.
except that for the better part of this season williams was actually one of our stronger performing forwards?

and you might want to lose that elitist attitude, you're on a forum where you know next to nothing about someone yet you feel that you can place yourself in a class above them. such an endearing quality

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
my opinion is that it starts with the halves, a coach can only do so much in preparing a team but we have been going out each week without a halfback. we look a lot better with lafai and bmorris in the team but hodkinson looks shot, doesn't offer anything in attack anymore and isn't even really doing what he was good at last year which was directing players around and keeping somewhat of an attacking structure. reynolds has been on and off and mbye is still too green to judge.
I do agree about our half, but put jt in at half for us and I still think we wont go much better because our style is really shit, one out flat footy and add to that we just seem so slow and everything is almost in slow motion. and yes a coach can only do so much but the game plan he has isn't even a game plan, I don't know what the heck it is. everything is just wrong at the moment. I cant believe we have gone so backwards.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tony Williams is shit with no heart, pride in Jersey, never even wanted to come to Canterbury, never ever looks interested. He needs a day working in a factory or on a job site in order for him to appreciate what it means to play first grade for the bulldogs. As fans we are entitled to have expectations and everyone is accountable because without us fans there is no game and no club.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do agree about our half, but put jt in at half for us and I still think we wont go much better because our style is really shit, one out flat footy and add to that we just seem so slow and everything is almost in slow motion. and yes a coach can only do so much but the game plan he has isn't even a game plan, I don't know what the heck it is. everything is just wrong at the moment. I cant believe we have gone so backwards.
tbh i think our flat style has something to do with hodkinson, he has no faith in his legs or running game so why would he stand deep or want depth in our structures at all, the way he's been playing it's almost as if he's scared that if he holds the ball for too long he might actually have to take it to the line and run it and so he's been playing catch and pass footy. it's actually funny though because he wasn't really contributing much more in the first 5 rounds but the added options of morris and the threat of lafai gave us a great boost in attack and we were looking pretty dangerous. i think we had equal top tries or something at one stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.