Tony Williams Wants To Stay With Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Worth resigning on a lower amount. Give him 250k for 2 years.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would only sign him if he keeps improving, and only on lower contract with incentives/bonuses based on performance.
HE OWES IT TO THE BULLDOGS

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Came off the bench and ran 167m with 15 runs. He averaged over 10 metres each run which was the best out of all of our forwards.

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I always believed TRex hasn't been used properly by Des.

If he goes to another club and is used more appropriately he can wreak havoc

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I always believed TRex hasn't been used properly by Des.

If he goes to another club and is used more appropriately he can wreak havoc
Its a shame really because we are now seeing what he can do when he is used properly. He has never & will never be a 80 minute footballer, he is best used as an impact player. Unfortunately it is not worth paying $600K for an impact player especially when we already have that is Kasiano!!! If he is willing to take a massive pay cut & willing to keep playing as an impact player off the bench then I am all for re-signing him

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would anyone put him in the centres, or is that too crazy?

If we sign Foran: -

1. Mbye
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Dorothy
5. Hoppa

Without Foran: -

1. Hoppa
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Dorothy
5. Lee

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm....surprised that another club hasn't already signed him if he is definitely going?
I thought he played very well last night.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He has had personal issues and injuries over the last couple of years and I agree with those who think he is more of a an impact player. He has been unfairly expected to tear teams appart every time he touches the ball. My only gripe his apparent lack of heart in some games he played over the time he has been with us. If he stays committed I am happy to resign him but on a more realistic contract for what he does. A little more than some have suggested I think.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If the last 3 seasons are anything to go by, even with a 1 year extension, he'll probably stand around and fondle himself on the field for the first 5 months before showing his true capabilities to try and make everyone forgive and forget.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would keep him but on a week to week contract only

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm guessing that since he's still not picked up a contract anywhere for next year he's probably still hoping to be in similar coin. My opinion is that it's not going to happen. He'll have to take what he can get.

If there was a way to guarantee we would see him play at even 80-90% of what he is capable of I
have no issue with him re-signing. Problem is we're only seeing his best football when he's got maybe 1.5 months of football left before being out of a job. I've worked with some massive bludgers who only pull their weight when they know the boss is watching. A lot of them don't even know they're bludgers. Williams strikes me as this type.

I'd personally prefer a lesser quality player who knows that they will only survive in the team by giving it their best over someone who can get by because we're afraid they will do better if they leave the club.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not buying this bs that he is not used properly. Hes only begun to show what he can do because he wants a contract. I don't expect him to destroy players on every run but he has no heart and hadn't for 3 years until he was threatened by a contract.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we keep T-Rex he is playing really well now. BUT with reduced money
, something like 300k 350k maybe.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A player in his position is expected to tackle and run hard consistently. Grimace does none of those things.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
1 year contract on 200ks

or

2 year contract on 200ks if we win or make the grand final.

Status
Not open for further replies.