Tony Williams Wants To Stay With Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting that in the article it says he is on 400k not 600k like many of us, including me, thought. The quotes were good - 'my hearts back in the game.'
I'd happily have stay on if he can continue with this passion he's showing. Let's just hope it's not just a smoke screen to fool us all again

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah okay, if his form reversal keeps getting better and better we keep him.

But there has to be a major financial consideration here. For his next contract period he gets paid the the financial equivalent of the shit he has served up to us over the last four years.

That way there is a winner all the way around:

T-Rex has still got a job
The Bulldogs have got a top second rower
The Salary Sombrero sits more comfortably on theBulldog :laughing:

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course he does.
Where else can you earn half a mil a year and perform twice every fifty or so games ?
Well spotted Bad Billy. The man has had two good games after two shit seasons.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 year contract max for half the money 300K-ish

The guy has cost us massively till now. His spot in the 17 and inflated salary meant we let go of Franky & Finucane and his lack of effort meant we were taking the field with basically 12 players

There hasnt been a player in our colours that ive disliked more, and if his good run of 3 games can continue then take a 1 year punt on TRex, otherwise he can leave..

If he isnt offered another deal he only has himself to blame for a very poor past 4 years

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
$350-$400k with the cap now is like $200k years ago I think that's fair enough as an impact player off the bench 1 year deal with a 1 year option in clubs favour will keep him on his toes

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His ball playing ability and good lines have created lots of space down that left hand corridor . Give him a minimum 2 year contract.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
2 years at 300k first season and option to increase if form permits..

I remember 5 years ago when Bennett refused to play Origin props anymore than 300k.. Now it's virtually peanuts.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1 year around 400k imo. Someone may throw big money at him but if he wants to stay at the dogs he will take it and perform and earn himself a better contract next time around. The bloke is worth the risk.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1 year rolling contract with the option on the Bulldogs side.

Malla

Reaction score
I wonder if the bloke was dealing with some sort of mental shit man - sounds like he was a depressed guy for a few years.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if the bloke was dealing with some sort of mental shit man - sounds like he was a depressed guy for a few years.
It's been mentioned a few times over the the past couple of years that he has been dealing with some issues in his personal life.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Wow,how forgiving some of you guys are. It's taken 3.5yrs and cost us about $2mil for him to produce 3 solid games all from the bench and people want to re-sign him? FMD then what do we do when he falls back into his lethargic form again?

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.