Opinion Tony Williams -Ex Eel/Manly player too - shown in Bulldogs colours in media reports

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be fine if that's all they did, but they demonised the victim who according to the law was raped and that is not ok.
Hey guy,

Can you show me the post where INU does that?

Trex is very obvious and like i said he will pay for his comments and already has with his contract being torn up.

Lets just talk this out here for a moment.

Reply.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because you are not a fooball player. They don't think.
Hey Krupta,

The fact he was married and his wife was up the duffa is enough for me to stop being friends with Hayne.
His track records is not the best so he should have never put himself in that situation.

Footy players will just never learn.

Like and reply.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is your honest take on this situation?
I'd qualify any input I have by making it clear that I don't have the information that the judge and jury got. My opinion on Hayne is that it appears there is reliable evidence that he is guilty on this specific matter, which is why he was found guilty. My opinion more broadly is that a lot of pundits expressing opinions bring to their opinions context that has nothing to do with Hayne, including opinions that are politically or socially based.

In regards Inu and Williams, they follow in the steps of an incredibly long line of friends/family of a person found guilty of a crime who have said "I know him/her, there is no way they could have done this", despite evidence to the contrary. Unfortunately for them they've been unwise enough to make those thoughts public where most people keep them to themselves.

I feel sorry for the victim obviously and undertand her pain but we cant be stopping free speech because a few idiots want to express their thoughts on the matter.
I'm not sure that we can understand the pain of victims of rape without experiencing something similar. We can certainly understand that they HAVE pain, but that is a bit different.

I don't believe it is accurate to address the matters surrounding Inu and Williams as being an issue of free speech. They have/are being responded to by private organisations and individuals.

Freedom of expression (often referred to as "free speech") is actually more about the individual's rights against the government. Unfortunately the concept has been somewhat hi-jacked by various people for unrelated purposes that can often be loosely summarised as "I want to be able to say whatever I like without having to take responsibility for what I say".

I appreciate the proposal by John Stuart Mill in regards liberty that "the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others." I also appreciate that the definition of "harm" when it comes to practical application of this principle can be an area of debate.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd qualify any input I have by making it clear that I don't have the information that the judge and jury got. My opinion on Hayne is that it appears there is reliable evidence that he is guilty on this specific matter, which is why he was found guilty. My opinion more broadly is that a lot of pundits expressing opinions bring to their opinions context that has nothing to do with Hayne, including opinions that are politically or socially based.

In regards Inu and Williams, they follow in the steps of an incredibly long line of friends/family of a person found guilty of a crime who have said "I know him/her, there is no way they could have done this", despite evidence to the contrary. Unfortunately for them they've been unwise enough to make those thoughts public where most people keep them to themselves.

I'm not sure that we can understand the pain of victims of rape without experiencing something similar. We can certainly understand that they HAVE pain, but that is a bit different.

I don't believe it is accurate to address the matters surrounding Inu and Williams as being an issue of free speech. They have/are being responded to by private organisations and individuals.

Freedom of expression (often referred to as "free speech") is actually more about the individual's rights against the government. Unfortunately the concept has been somewhat hi-jacked by various people for unrelated purposes that can often be loosely summarised as "I want to be able to say whatever I like without having to take responsibility for what I say".

I appreciate the proposal by John Stuart Mill in regards liberty that "the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others." I also appreciate that the definition of "harm" when it comes to practical application of this principle can be an area of debate.

Amazing reply.

I see the point made about people always saying no way he/she could commit that crime because we know them. Its a load of BS.

Most times criminals are charged it comes a shock to friends and family.
Example almost every criminal who is gunned down in a shooting the normal rubbish is " ghed family man that would never hurt anyone" until the police release the facts and then those people turn on the police.

In just confused with the outrage to silence morons on making their opinion vocal. If people wish to make themselves sitting ducks so be it.

I have been sent screen shots or a family member from one if these two guys wishing aome pretty nasty stuff and just baffles me that people who are outraged by these comments are now wishing physical harm onto others.

What do you make regarding the media using dogs pictures when events like this unfold?
Me peronsnally i think it sells papers but you may have a better insight into it.

Regards Derek

Like and reply.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Here you go people. Maybe Manly fans will now get triggered?

View attachment 24005
At least the "blame by association" is spread out :grinning:

Dogs fans are just fed up with always seemingly been shown in a bad light whenever some league players are involved, however a tenuous link to our club.

If they are friends of Hayne's from their days at Parra then that should be the club jersey they should be publicising.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So called victim... assumption that its a conditional perspective taken by ones account of the events... A following statement released shows another opinion again..
Here you go people. Maybe Manly fans will now get triggered?

View attachment 24005
Doesn't make it right either.. Its clear the commentary is from an ex team mate. Hayne only played with both Inu and Williams at Parramatta. My opinion remains the same! 100% this is still a disgusting piece of journalism and defamation of clubs that have no part in this matter..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Kinda find this offensive @wendog33. Even the gays pay me to go away
Sorry for the rejection hehe.

Some were talking about how prob men dont know what rape and sexual assault and vulnerability, when faced with overwhelming odds, would feel like.

Just thought straight guys might be able to empathise when looking this meme and put themselves in that bar as a piece of arse with leering guys ready, willing and able lol.

No offense to gays btw. It's just hypothetical in posing an intimidating situation :grinning:

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blokes a peenut and a idiot his last chance at a decent pay day gone
At the end of the day Hayne is found guilty by a court the bloke just got off a similar case in the us beings a civil case then comes hone and does the same shit where it’s a criminal offence sorry but his larger then life ego might have beat his case in the states where as here he is feeling the rath of the justice system here
Don’t feel sorry for either of them

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the rejection hehe.

Some were talking about how prob men dont know what rape and sexual assault and vulnerability, when faced with overwhelming odds, would feel like.

Just thought straight guys might be able to empathise when looking this meme and put themselves in that bar as a piece of arse with leering guys ready, willing and able lol.

No offense to gays btw. It's just hypothetical in posing an intimidating situation :grinning:
Unfortunately your meme tarnishes all straight men with the same brush.

I think you would find majority of "straight men" on TK as you put it have been to gay bars with no issue and have no issue with Gay People.
You will also find the majority of "straight men" on TK as you put it. in this forum have condemmed the actions of Hayne. Not too mention the stupidity of TW and KI.

Whilst I am sure you thought it was an appropriate meme at the time to push agendas or biases.
Please give some credit where credit is due and realise most people including "straight men" on the kennel did not agree with TW and KI.

Edited post to keep context to TK forum

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's see........

Williams playing career.....Eels to Manly to Dogs ( 2013-16)to Sharks to Eels to Freedom but the only photo they have to publish is one with a Dog's jersey. Also rep games for Tonga Australia, NSW and NSW city.

Inu playing career..... Eels to Warriors to Dogs ( 2012-14) to Catalan Dragons to Widnes Vikings to Salford Red Devils once again the only photo they publish is, you guessed it.........Also rep games for NZ and Samoa..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised Tony Williams is capable of using social media. At the end of the day I couldn't care less what jersey they show him in but he did actually play most games for us from memory.

If people don't understand league they're also not going to know our jersey to make the connection so zero fucks given really.
Yep..... 80 uninspiring efforts...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately your meme tarnishes all straight men with the same brush.

I think you would find majority of "straight men" on TK as you put it have been to gay bars with no issue and have no issue with Gay People.
You will also find the majority of "straight men" on TK as you put it. in this forum have condemmed the actions of Hayne. Not too mention the stupidity of TW and KI.

Whilst I am sure you thought it was an appropriate meme at the time to push agendas or biases.
Please give some credit where credit is due and realise most people including "straight men" on the kennel did not agree with TW and KI.

Edited post to keep context to TK forum
Sorry you were offended. I thought you were having a good natured laugh with your reply. The meme does not tarnish any men. Gay or otherwise.
I was just posting for some comparison about what being sexually assaulted may feel like bc it is something most men don't normally have to deal with...being lusted after.

It was just a hypothetical situation meme that may have enlightened some if found in that situation (for perspective).

It was not directed at the men who have condemned the offenders. You have misunderstood the meme.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry you were offended. I thought you were having a good natured laugh with your reply. The meme does not tarnish any men. Gay or otherwise.
I was just posting for some comparison about what being sexually assaulted may feel like bc it is something most men don't normally have to deal with...being lusted after.

It was just a hypothetical situation meme that may have enlightened some if found in that situation (for perspective).

It was not directed at the men who have condemned the offenders. You have misunderstood the meme.
I was'nt offended. And I was haveing a lighthearted joke

Unfortunately, after that.
You spoke about using the meme to teach men empathy.
I simply asked you to give credit where credit is due. And acknowledge that alot of men on this forum do have empathy.

And even now you speak of men not knowing what its like to be lusted after. I wont go into this one

I will leave it at this. And move forward.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was'nt offended. And I was haveing a lighthearted joke

Unfortunately, after that.
You spoke about using the meme to teach men empathy.
I simply asked you to give credit where credit is due. And acknowledge that alot of men on this forum do have empathy.

And even now you speak of men not knowing what its like to be lusted after. I wont go into this one

I will leave it at this. And move forward.
Yes lets move forward.
You should know me well enough by now to know I dont lump all men into pigeon holes.

The meme was offered for contemplation regarding the couple of posts earlier where it was hypothesized that the majority of men probably dont know what sexual assault would feel like. (They might feel that awkwardness if they were subject to unwanted attention in a gay bar).

There is no need for me to give credit where credit is due bc as I have stated many times, the overall vast majority of men on here are decent and I wouldnt expect anything less from you all than a decent measured response.