Opinion Tony Williams -Ex Eel/Manly player too - shown in Bulldogs colours in media reports

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit hard sacking Williams, he prolly found it hard to believe Hayne could do that to a chick.
Hey Bob,

He never stood a chance considering NY is the capital of the PC brigade. He should have known his words would have been a issue.
On the flip side he has shown no remorse for his words and is standing loyal to his friend who was found guilty.

Loyalty over money is very hard hard to come by these days.

Hopefully all parties involved can move forward now and repair what's been broken.

Like and reply.

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guy,

The guy has a opinion so what? I don't see why everyone has to make it a big deal.
I don't agree with his statements but you guys and the media bashing him for his comment is just shameful.

Like and reply.
Cmon mate your more educated than this. Now we know you and Nasheed are just fishing for bites

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been like this as long as I remember.

About 10 years ago my old man and I were invited to a media relations / nrl event, journos were asked why they always highlight negative stories of Canterbury, never the good stuff we do...

Everyone replied basically saying we're one of the biggest sports brand in Australia and good news "unfortunately" doesn't sell.

I'm used to it now, I just don't read their shit and giggle to myself that most won't have jobs in the next 5 years anyway

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cmon mate your more educated than this. Now we know you and Nasheed are just fishing for bites

Hey,

So if it was your best friend and you have the the chance to stick up for your mate who declares his innocence via social media you wouldn't?

For your information I think hayne is a scum bag and most likely guilty but people have opinions and they should be allowed to have a opinion.

Every action has a consequence. TREX will now have to deal with them.

Like and reply

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been like this as long as I remember.

About 10 years ago my old man and I were invited to a media relations / nrl event, journos were asked why they always highlight negative stories of Canterbury, never the good stuff we do...

Everyone replied basically saying we're one of the biggest sports brand in Australia and good news "unfortunately" doesn't sell.

I'm used to it now, I just don't read their shit and giggle to myself that most won't have jobs in the next 5 years anyway
Pretty much how I see it. We make them money because if the huge fanbase.

Also proof is this thread. We have now gone into a few pages talking about the media and the topic.
News is not news anymore. Its just trash celebrity news and click bait articles.

I see it this way the day we win the grand final we can stick it up them nice and proper with torque.

Like and reply

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised Tony Williams is capable of using social media. At the end of the day I couldn't care less what jersey they show him in but he did actually play most games for us from memory.

If people don't understand league they're also not going to know our jersey to make the connection so zero fucks given really.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised Tony Williams is capable of using social media. At the end of the day I couldn't care less what jersey they show him in but he did actually play most games for us from memory.

If people don't understand league they're also not going to know our jersey to make the connection so zero fucks given really.
Hey CBB,

Would have been nice if he had put in that much effort when he played for us.

Like and reply.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow 100% disagree.
It should be the most important discussion in our community as to why we allow media to defame brands and institutions. To think your ok with the journalists position reminds me of why I feel disappointed with the freedom my forefathers sacrificed and died for during the World Wars.

They gave us hope to live without persecution only for selected power players whether it be China,USA,EU,ME, ANZ politics and their media moguls who selectively present their own biased narratives and the assertion that we should accept this is appropriate behaviour.

Surely we dont roll over and stay humble..

Brand defamation using Ex players comments on a criminal matter to bully victims is crossing the line "just to get clicks"

Never should be considered the accepted practice Im sorry for this world and know were so far from reforming attitudes towards women in this world. If my daughters were the victims, I would not hesitate in taking matters further...

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow 100% disagree.
It should be the most important discussion in our community as to why we allow media to defame brands and institutions. To think your ok with the journalists position reminds me of why I feel disappointed with the freedom my forefathers sacrificed and died for during the World Wars.
View attachment 24003
They gave us hope to live without persecution only for selected power players whether it be China,USA,EU,ME, ANZ politics and their media moguls who selectively present their own biased narratives and the assertion that we should accept this is appropriate behaviour.

Surely we dont roll over and stay humble..

Brand defamation using Ex players comments on a criminal matter to bully victims is crossing the line "just to get clicks"

Never should be considered the accepted practice Im sorry for this world and know were so far from reforming attitudes towards women in this world. If my daughters were the victims, I would not hesitate in taking matters further...
Are you fucking serious?

Take a good hard look at yourself.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

So if it was your best friend and you have the the chance to stick up for your mate who declares his innocence via social media you wouldn't?

For your information I think hayne is a scum bag and most likely guilty but people have opinions and they should be allowed to have a opinion.

Like and reply
I would not be dumb enough to jeopardise my job and future income by doing it on social media.
I believe niether would you.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you agree that there is a difference between having an opinion and expressing an opinion?
Hey Shrink,

Yes i agree. Was supoosed to write that but caught up writing up a new story for TK.

What is your honest take on this situation?

I feel sorry for the victim obviously and undertand her pain but we cant be stopping free speech because a few idiots want to express their thoughts on the matter.

Like and reply.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

Like and reply
That would be fine if that's all they did, but they demonised the victim who according to the law was raped and that is not ok.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Shrink,

Yes i agree. Was supoosed to write that but caught up writing up a new story for TK.

What is your honest take on this situation?

I feel sorry for the victim obviously and undertand her pain but we cant be stopping free speech because a few idiots want to express their thoughts on the matter.

Like and reply.
There is free speech. Then ther is fuckwit speech. Tony Williams went down the fuckwit speech road and now has to deal with the consequencez of speaking like a fuckwit