No Source Tom Starling

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They HAVE to have someone else lined up. Remember Baz will be coach next year, not Pay or SG, so he obviously knows 9 is a weakness. I just hope it's not Peats
Yeah that's what I'm worried about. That we end up with another stop gap option that isn't FG quality and is a reject from another bottom 8 team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He always gets dominated and the line always gets bent hard when they run at him. We need someone like a Mahoney or a Smith who stops attackers In their tracks.. Starling is a weak link.
I disagree. I've watched him a lot and have seen him put huge props and locks on their ass in textbook one on one tackles. He can defend really well for someone his size.

If he was a liability defensively, a defensive coach like Stuart wouldn't be starting him and playing him huge minutes.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree. I've watched him a lot and have seen him put huge props and locks on their ass in textbook one on one tackles. He can defend really well for someone his size.

If he was a liability defensively, a defensive coach like Stuart wouldn't be starting him and playing him huge minutes.
I have seen otherwise.. and Ricky doesn't have much of a Choice tbh

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
About to be extended and upgraded at Canberra

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely tbaz not hanging his hopes on fainu or waiting till api to come off contract

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He always gets dominated and the line always gets bent hard when they run at him. We need someone like a Mahoney or a Smith who stops attackers In their tracks.. Starling is a weak link.
Would you say Cook is a weak defensive link for Souffs?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They HAVE to have someone else lined up. Remember Baz will be coach next year, not Pay or SG, so he obviously knows 9 is a weakness. I just hope it's not Peats
The problem is the lack of negotiation skills :blush:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
News Ltd is reporting Starling is close to signing a new deal with Canberra.

Unless we have B.Smith, Grant, Clarke or McInness lined up, which I doubt we do, then Starling would have been a great option at a fraction of the price.

Now if we miss out on the main targets, we'll have another season of JMK and Katoa. That would be a disaster.
I think we will end up with Mitch Kenny

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm worried about. That we end up with another stop gap option that isn't FG quality and is a reject from another bottom 8 team.
i can confirm we have tabled an offer to Starling, but so have about 6 other clubs. So there is alot of competition for his signing.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would you say Cook is a weak defensive link for Souffs?
Cook is a machine... Starling not yet , maybe. I have seen blokes run straight through Starling and I want a rock in the middle, an anchor.. Starling aint that.

Are we building or are we building is my point... Brandon Smith is the one we should be throwing the bank at.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cook is a machine... Starling not yet , maybe. I have seen blokes run straight through Starling and I want a rock in the middle, an anchor.. Starling aint that.

Are we building or are we building is my point... Brandon Smith is the one we should be throwing the bank at.
Cookie wasn't fantastic earlier in his career. If you watch him now he consistently gets pushed back in defense, but what he does really well if he is making first contact is stick onto the player and keep his feet. He basically gets in the way, hangs on, stays upright, and waits for support. He sometimes gets carried 5 metres doing this. But he keeps his feet, so he remains a viable defender in case of offload. I reckon Starling could pick up this style of defense given some good guidance.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Raiders are on the verge of re signing him for two more years unfortunately guys!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We will end up with Andrew McCullough or Nathan Peats :D

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yuck. Fuck if we do we are a shambles and deserve to be with the spoon. The board and those in charge would be as responsible as the pathetic roster.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD peats at hooker and Clifford at halfback??
Can’t believe I am saying it but I’d rather stick with Lewis and JMK
OMFG I think I am having a cardio infarction