No Source Tom Starling

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not just one good game from Starling. He's been one of the best young hookers for a while now... I was hoping we targeted him last year but now with Hodgson going down and Starling impressing, his value will go up from now til then end of the season.

He absolutely should be a target.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Although he looked good. I think with the money we have right now, we should try and get a top tier hooker and not gamble on a young prospect.
Spend big money 800K + on either McInnes or Brandon Smith.... if that doesn't work Connor Watson could also work.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Although he looked good. I think with the money we have right now, we should try and get a top tier hooker and not gamble on a young prospect.
Spend big money 800K + on either McInnes or Brandon Smith.... if that doesn't work Connor Watson could also work.
Ideally we sign two hookers as Katoa is a Reserve Grader as is JMK and he's not even a hooker.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what happened with Cook

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Our record at scouting talent is fucking diabolical. We always seem to end up with complete duds. Whoever is doing recruiting should be sacked immediately.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our record at scouting talent is fucking diabolical. We always seem to end up with complete duds. Whoever is doing recruiting should be sacked immediately.
This is so true. The Raiders 3rd choice hooker shits all over ours. The Panthers have 4 fg quality halves we’d die for.
I think we recruit dud reserve graders and then are way too slow to move on from them.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not to go against the trend but that was under Des' scouts (ie Cleal).

Now that Mark Hughes is back I have more hope. He has unearthed some great talent including $BW (he says through gritted teeth).

Not just for us but for the Bunnies too after Des let him go for Cleal.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is a kid playing for the cowboys who came through the bulldogs. He’s playing center !! FMD clean out retention as well

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a kid playing for the cowboys who came through the bulldogs. He’s playing center !! FMD clean out retention as well
You can’t keep them all and he was definitely not a standout in NSW Cup.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can’t keep them all and he was definitely not a standout in NSW Cup.
Considering we are not very good in outside backs clearly they are not good at identifying what they have or who to target.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering we are not very good in outside backs clearly they are not good at identifying what they have or who to target.
Harper was much better and we’ve let him go too. I think a better example of how poor our talent identification is would be Taulau, Olive, Lichaa, Fualalo and Brown. Players so crap that when we released them nobody else wanted them.
It just shows you how bad we’ve been in recruiting first grade quality players

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trent will come in an airtight that out, things with getting quality players will soon change, and we will start being able to get excited Again, not long now..!!

Malla

Reaction score
One good game off the bench doesnt mean much.

I think as the weeks go on, he will slowly digress. He isn't much better or different to Katoa or JMK.

We need an experienced 9. Cameron Mcinnes would be an excellent signing. I am sure he is filthy at playing 13 because Mary wants to accommodate soft cock Hunt

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Starling looks better every game and is very similar to Cook in a lot of ways. He's their main hooker now as Havilii only plays the first 25 minutes. Hodgson will be back next season but Canberra would want to keep Starling as insurance.

Still, he's off contract and could end up being a great signing at a third of what the big name targets like Smith, Grant, Clarke, McInness would cost who aren't likely to eventuate anyway.. Canberra couldn't afford to match an offer we make for him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
News Ltd is reporting Starling is close to signing a new deal with Canberra.

Unless we have B.Smith, Grant, Clarke or McInness lined up, which I doubt we do, then Starling would have been a great option at a fraction of the price.

Now if we miss out on the main targets, we'll have another season of JMK and Katoa. That would be a disaster.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcuk starling. The kid is a weak link in the defence line.. as if people can't see that.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
News Ltd is reporting Starling is close to signing a new deal with Canberra.

Unless we have B.Smith, Grant, Clarke or McInness lined up, which I doubt we do, then Starling would have been a great option at a fraction of the price.

Now if we miss out on the main targets, we'll have another season of JMK and Katoa. That would be a disaster.
They HAVE to have someone else lined up. Remember Baz will be coach next year, not Pay or SG, so he obviously knows 9 is a weakness. I just hope it's not Peats

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How so? He's missed a total of 7 tackles in 12 career games. He has good technique and he often gets players on their backs.
He always gets dominated and the line always gets bent hard when they run at him. We need someone like a Mahoney or a Smith who stops attackers In their tracks.. Starling is a weak link.