To all the Reynolds haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a fine line between what Reynolds does being absolute rubbish and coming off.

Tonight it worked, problem is it needs to happen each and every week not now and then.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had 2 disallowed poor burger
2 disallowed, 1 held up, 1 knock-on and 1 scored. 5 Tries he could have scored tonight if things fell in his favour.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
ONE WORD GUTSY, EVEN WHEN UNDER PRESSURE WE ARE STILL THE ENTERTAINERS, FAR MORE ENTERTAINING THAN ANY OTHER SYDNEY TEAM,ST GEORGE VS SOUTH SYDNEY BORING

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's off contract. Yes he played well tonight but he's not the best 5/8 we could get
You could be right but I ask who is better?

Mbye has shown some quality at 5/8 but he isn't consistent quality even at 5/8. Decent pass near the line. Good dummy and run. Good pace. But even at 5/8 he only did one thing good each game. Reynolds at 5/8 is unpredictable and dangerous. When he has a good halfback around him then he's deadly. When he doesn't then he's pretty crap. Only real downside I have with Reynolds is that he has no emotional control.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still missing the point, that style only works one out of 5 games. The other four games he is atrocious, need a proper 5/8
Nah, need a proper halfback. Reynolds style works more often than not with a halfback who steers the ship around and has a good kicking game.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's off contract. Yes he played well tonight but he's not the best 5/8 we could get
I doubt highly that he's going to get the $800k asking price from us or any contract if Hasler is kept. Wouldn't surprise me to see Mbye in 6 and Frawley in 7 next year.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a fine line between what Reynolds does being absolute rubbish and coming off.

Tonight it worked, problem is it needs to happen each and every week not now and then.
'

Yet its hardly his fault. Sometimes players don't have the athleticism but they do have the effort.

Gus said tonight during the call that 90% of the game is just continuing to turn up. Thats Josh. Good things will happen with persistence.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mbye has shown some quality at 5/8 but he isn't consistent quality even at 5/8. Decent pass near the line. Good dummy and run. Good pace. But even at 5/8 he only did one thing good each game. Reynolds at 5/8 is unpredictable and dangerous. When he has a good halfback around him then he's deadly. When he doesn't then he's pretty crap. Only real downside I have with Reynolds is that he has no emotional control.
Put Reynolds in
Nah, need a proper halfback. Reynolds style works more often than not with a halfback who steers the ship around and has a good kicking game.
100% dhoo. That's all he needs and we saw it tonight with Frawley who has to stay in the team.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need another kicker in the side, it's still not right that Frawley had to shoulder 90% of the kicking. We need a better balance, what if Frawley has an off game? Then we have zero game management.

Mbye has to be in the team, he is more well rounded player.

I'd go with

1. Abbey
6. Mbye
7. Frawley
9. Lichaa

OR

1. Abbey
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley
9. Mbye

14. Lichaa

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Still missing the point, that style only works one out of 5 games. The other four games he is atrocious, need a proper 5/8
Maybe. But he brings the same energy for all 5 games. And gives himself a chance in all 5 games. That was also lichaa best game as a bulldog.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

To be fair, Mbye hasn't had an extended run at 5/8. Looked great when Reynolds was suspended a few years ago with Hodko.

Mitchell Moses probably the pick out of the 3 though

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does show the difference a good halfback makes. I'd love to see us keep Frawley with Reynolds, and fit Mbye into another position where his speed and stepping can be used to greater advantage. Frawley will take the pressure off Reynolds and Mbye, and allow them the leeway they need.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
'

Yet its hardly his fault. Sometimes players don't have the athleticism but they do have the effort.

Gus said tonight during the call that 90% of the game is just continuing to turn up. Thats Josh. Good things will happen with persistence.
I know what you're saying but there's also times when he tries to do things a million miles an hour and it results in an error (which happens often). That's the fine line, it's in his hands if he can fix that.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So essentially all we've needed is an actual fkn halfback all this time? Too early to say though we'll have to keep the consitancy throughout the season and win the premiership for me to wanna keep Hasler Reynolds and co. However either way raelene needs to fuk off

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair, Mbye hasn't had an extended run at 5/8. Looked great when Reynolds was suspended a few years ago with Hodko.

Mitchell Moses probably the pick out of the 3 though
I like Mitchell Moses too. The only thing I have against Mitchell Moses is that he's predictable.

That's what I like so much about Reynolds. His unpredictability. It's very handy. It reminds me of a discussion they had about Lockyer when he retired. They said that he's good but his best quality was that you didn't know what he was going to do. When he hit the line he could chip, or grubber, or pass, or dummy as run, and there was no way to read it. Reynolds is the same way.

Scrubdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I want him to stay
I don't want to lose him to the sharks

I want a halfback in the team
Let Reynolds do his thing
I love having him in the team, if we could find the balance and keep winning.

Just find a way to keep winning them Josh so we can enjoy it for years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.