• 5 from 5

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 0 from 5

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
A front row of Napa, Hetherington, Atoni or Ogden doesn't fill me with much confidence at all. They are really going to have to step up because I can see them getting dominated otherwise. Napa is the only one that has established himself in the NRL and he has been very disappointing.

I thought Thompson was great in the last few games he played and will be only be better with a full off season he will leave a huge hole.
He already leaves a huge hole... in he’s defence.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
3/5 I’d be very happy, but it’s a tough start with a new look squad

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My guess is 3 from 5. I think we will beat the Knights, Broncos and the Rabbits. I’m really hoping we beat the Storms, cause I dont like them but that would be asking for too much!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could honestly be a 0/5 start
Unfortunately I could see this also.
You would think given what's going on that we have a good chance against knights but they are always harder to beat at home. Brisbane is the other possibility with 2020 in mind, however they often start the season well.
If we are 2/5 given all our changes I would consider that par, anything better would be great, anything less understandable..

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a big part of our issues in recent years has been with lack of confidence and a good short kicking game. Hopefully these are both present to start the season.

But too much has changed to make a rough guess.
3 Big changes from 1-7.
Completely new coaching staff, structure and will probably be a big attitude shift.
Looking like half our spine will be altered.

So I haven't voted. But under 2/5 early wins will be a disappointment.
Newcastle - Should be beatable (some drama in their pre-season.
Panthers - Entirely possible that they're going to have big issues backing up from a huge season.
Broncos - Their roster on paper is far better than it was on field. If their new coach can get them firing they are potentially going to have a great season.
Rabbitohs - Their buying strategy doesn't instil the idea that they're in for a huge season.
Storm - Their roster still looking strong. But losing C. Smith might affect them poorly. It shouldn't. Buy it might.
Good summary!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A front row of Napa, Hetherington, Atoni or Ogden doesn't fill me with much confidence at all. They are really going to have to step up because I can see them getting dominated otherwise. Napa is the only one that has established himself in the NRL and he has been very disappointing.

I thought Thompson was great in the last few games he played and will be only be better with a full off season he will leave a huge hole.
thompson is world class, we will miss him, if we can jag a few before he comes back then happy days

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
3 from 5 seems the obvious/ reasonable pick, and we should be able to accomplish that.. 2 from 5 would also be acceptable.!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Use Mariner in the middle and fuck off either Ogden or Napa, can't carry both of them

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Well I'm a Bulldogs supporter through and through and we have enough talent to beat any side on a good day so Im going to say 5 from 5 all we need is a good start and some confidence with a big dash of self belief and we can go the whole way

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like 2 out of 5 but I'm realistic saying we'll win one from the first 5. I'd call 2 out of 5 a win.