Timoteo Lafai - 2012 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As long as Lafai continues to play on the right hand side (Don't know if he has been in NSW Cup), he'll be an average player.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
From what i hear Lafai isnt back to his best yet, so maybe Brown or Dougs can replace Wright if he backs up last weeks performance. I dont think we drop him from that performance, he has done enough this year to warrant a second chance. I dont think Des will call 1 game bad form, and will wait and see if he repeats it. He did have a shocker vs Souths, no doubt about it, in fact id go so far as to say if he had played his best instead of his worse we would have won the match. He bombed a few tries and knocked on too much. The 2 tries that were there begging and knockons that led to points could have meant the score was more like 22-14. (add 2 tries to us, take 1 off them). Then take off the try that wasnt from souths and its 22-8. So easily a game can turn, it doesnt take much!

Malla

Reaction score
You need to be careful with bringing in players too early in their careers. Folkes did the right thing with Barba to start with and eased him into FG. Perfect examples of how it can go against a player when they're introduced to FG too early is Jarryd Hayne and Benji. Benji's first 5-6 seasons were injury plagued and Hayne is suffering now from being put into FG too early.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you not see him totally bomb that try if he cathches that ball we score for sure and win the game! our intensity dropped straight after that drop. We need brown or mcdougall in we can't have lafai yet he needs more time to adapt to the right hand side.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Goodwin had a shocker but this year he's been playing good especially under the high ball last week just wasn't his day

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As long as Lafai continues to play on the right hand side (Don't know if he has been in NSW Cup), he'll be an average player.
Lafai is playing left centre in NSW Cup.

If I'm standing in the side he's off to my left with Dougs outside him.

Brown is right centre with Brett Lane right winger.

Mr I. I was just wondering.. what was the crowd like at Belmore? how much approx? Are people turning up to the NSW Cup when we are at home?
It was piss poor this week. 500 at the most.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr invisble Just shows u didn't watch the game properly mate........ Lmfao @ all u blokes that think lafai is an average player the bloke dead set puts Goodwin and wright to shame!!! I really hope Dessie picks him this week He deserves it in gunna say it again Wright and Goodwin are shiatttttt!!

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Camon des bring Mitch brown to replace badwin,,, and bring lafai for that did Jonathon wrong

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mr invisble Just shows u didn't watch the game properly mate........ Lmfao @ all u blokes that think lafai is an average player the bloke dead set puts Goodwin and wright to shame!!! I really hope Dessie picks him this week He deserves it in gunna say it again Wright and Goodwin are shiatttttt!!
I don't mind Lafai but he is a work in progress. Did you attend the game at BSG?

I was on the 40m line on Lafai/Dougs side of field for both halves.

Lafai is not offering much over Wright at the moment, and is playing left centre. We already have Morris for that job, so unless he swapped (which last time he did he had a shocker), Wright won't get shifted.

Brown/Lane can play right centre, but neither showed much last game.

C

chipandchase

The thing about Lafai is that he won't make crucial, stupid errors like Wright does. Anyone is a better option than Wright ATM.
Yeh I don't buy into this left and right centre crap, if they are good enough they can either side

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeh I don't buy into this left and right centre crap, if they are good enough they can either side
tbh I don't either, but the arguement for L and R centre is that the players have a dominant step and a dominant fending arm.

The biggest issue at the moment is, Lafai doesn't offer much else than Wright at the moment in NSW Cup, both are decent defensively, both don't get involved or go looking for the ball, and neither are setting the world on fire in either grade.

Hasler is unlikely to drop Wright, and if anyone Goodwin will go before Wright.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch as soon as lafai gets picked which I hope this week u guys will be saying WRIGHT WHO???, Trust me guys lafai offers more than wright in defense and especially attack please des make us happy and pick lafai :-)

C

chipandchase

Watch as soon as lafai gets picked which I hope this week u guys will be saying WRIGHT WHO???, Trust me guys lafai offers more than wright in defense and especially attack please des make us happy and pick lafai :-)
I reckon he wait until after mel game IMO

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
tbh I don't either, but the arguement for L and R centre is that the players have a dominant step and a dominant fending arm.

The biggest issue at the moment is, Lafai doesn't offer much else than Wright at the moment in NSW Cup, both are decent defensively, both don't get involved or go looking for the ball, and neither are setting the world on fire in either grade.

Hasler is unlikely to drop Wright, and if anyone Goodwin will go before Wright.
the next 2 or 3 weeks will be interesting for our right side selections

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think lafai will be in the first grade team this week,,,,and will cement his spot for good

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
good luck to the young bloke this week, he has every opportunity now, with turner and mitch brown both out for so long

Status
Not open for further replies.