Throw the cheque book at JT

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You know who was a good signing fot them. Ben Murdoch masilla ..I wonder what they are paying him.. he's been great for them..
Yeah he has. And he'll only get better.. Not that much I reckon.. Maybe 400k?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JT yes please. Get him here now 50/50 split on contract. And take Napa full freight.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If im splashing cash i would rather offer Pappenhausen 1.2 mill .
Then possibly go for Alex Walmsley and bring back Marty Tappow for 2 seasons.
We would have drive in the forwards then and best player in game points scoring machine .
Alex Walmsley just extended with Saints again

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy Easter to all :grinning:
We need an out and out meter-eater prop, can any of the three cheaper options we have ( Suemuafagai, Ogden & Atoni ) rise to the need ???
If they do...We can afford JT, All we need is the other JT to whisper favorably in his ears :grinning:
Our highest paid contracted forwards are Thompson 800k, Jackson 750k and Stimson & Hetherington maybe on 400k each.
I know we are chasing B. Smith but if he wants to play hard to get and use us to rise his value we might as well go for someone cheaper like Clarke, it would make it financially easier to get JT but probably lose the chance of getting Piakura...It's all dreams and speculations !
Precisely. The Original JT might work in our favour. Happy Easter

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JT is a perfect signing for us. Metres, leadership and a huge engine. He would have his pick of clubs though, not sure he would want to come to the dogs as opposed to the roosters.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d throw the mil a year at him ina heart beat. Most would. Though doubt he leaves. I’d say Payton gets punted before him.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If im splashing cash i would rather offer Pappenhausen 1.2 mill .
Then possibly go for Alex Walmsley and bring back Marty Tappow for 2 seasons.
We would have drive in the forwards then and best player in game points scoring machine .
I watch quite a bit of UK super league. As I have said before Walmsley can bend the line and offload but will get exposed with lack of lateral movement in defence with the newer faster game. I recall someone on TK saying that Luke Thompson was keen to bring his mate Matty Lees over here when he first arrived. Lees doesn't look up to NRL level IMHO.

As someone said earlier the Warriors picked up a good one in Ben Murdoch Masilla.

I think Tapau would be the better option at this point.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JT is a perfect signing for us. Metres, leadership and a huge engine. He would have his pick of clubs though, not sure he would want to come to the dogs as opposed to the roosters.
If he was on the open market I reckon 15 clubs would be interested.

We would rank 14th or 15th I reckon.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should certainly be making enquires,werent we looking at peter parr maybe he can help it happen

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he was on the open market I reckon 15 clubs would be interested.

We would rank 14th or 15th I reckon.
True. But everyone also thought that about addo-carr so you just never know

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've already spent Napa and Hopoate's money on JAC and Burton.
The sad part about this and hence why we are in the hole we are in. Is we get JAC & Burton for Napa & Hoppa money and still end up with over $500k to spend on someone else.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The sad part about this and hence why we are in the hole we are in. Is we get JAC & Burton for Napa & Hoppa money and still end up with over $500k to spend on someone else.
Don’t think that’s accurate (that they have been spent) I’d say the fact we want both now means we have the money. We tried to get Jac early. Couldn’t get storm to make it work.

Still trying for burton.

Clearly we have $. I mean simply we lost Foran tolman that frees up Fucking 2mil. We added cotric Allan hetho and Flanagan still wouldn’t be that.

We then offloaded a bunch of over paid flops like holland montoya etc who holland was reportedly on 400k. Cogger remis sue etc etc. waddel doesn’t come close to that. We clearly have $

We then have Napa jmk smith Lewis hoppa britt Crichton and other flops off contract

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. But everyone also thought that about addo-carr so you just never know
Yeah good point. But I don’t think Addo Carr ended up having too many other options

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taumalolo is great, no doubt... but he is under contract until 2027 on a $1 million a season deal... it is too cumbersome a deal for the Cowboys to f*+# around with... if Taumalolo and Payten don't get along, Payten will go before Taumalolo

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t think that’s accurate (that they have been spent) I’d say the fact we want both now means we have the money. We tried to get Jac early. Couldn’t get storm to make it work.

Still trying for burton.

Clearly we have $. I mean simply we lost Foran tolman that frees up Fucking 2mil. We added cotric Allan hetho and Flanagan still wouldn’t be that.

We then offloaded a bunch of over paid flops like holland montoya etc who holland was reportedly on 400k. Cogger remis sue etc etc. waddel doesn’t come close to that. We clearly have $

We then have Napa jmk smith Lewis hoppa britt Crichton and other flops off contract
What I am saying is for 2022

Napa & Hoppa are on way more combined this season than JAC & Burton combined are for next season.

We definitely should have enough money for a serious (Quality)recruitment drive for next season.

We need to go hard after 3-4 top quality players at least. Fill the top 30 with minimum wage if necessary. We need quality

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a combination of development players (Topine, Doorey, Alamoti, Schoupp) a marquee signing (JT, Haas, Harry Grant) solid signings (B Smith, Toby Rudolph, N Brown, Vaughan, W Kennedy or M Dufty) to get back in finals contention. TB will have a tough time putting it all together but sometimes you need to land a big fish like JT for the rest to follow..

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's the best forward in the game, if he's available then surely we'd make him top priority. Negotiations are going to be an absolute circus with his massive contract.
Number 1 priority by a country mile.....

I'd even go as far as supplying him endless amounts of eggs to go around egging whoever and whatever the fuck he wants