THREE GOOD THINGS FROM LAST WEEK

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite the loss and all the doom and gloom from the usual non-performing experts and fair-weather fans, the tries we scored were top class by any standard and there were some bright moments this bodes well for the future.
We just need to improve our discipline and stop putting ourselves under pressure and of course, prune off some deadwood.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dwz had an awesome game. Loved how he ran the ball at speed and vigour and tried hitting holes and looking for the pass and or offload. He was a class above the rest of the Dogs backs. They weren't even on his level that day. He showed how the game should be played. Unfortunately consistency isnt his strong point..

It also showed the gap between himself and that of Hoppa Katoa Allan and Cotric who played like they were in slow motion. If they played with the same enthusiasm as Dwz we wouldn't be in this mess.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Despite the loss and all the doom and gloom from the usual non-performing experts and fair-weather fans, the tries we scored were top class by any standard and there were some bright moments this bodes well for the future.
We just need to improve our discipline and stop putting ourselves under pressure and of course, prune off some deadwood.
Fans just venting their disappointment.

We are good supporters under very trying circumstances for several years of under performing results and efforts....when the team had the ability to compete, it was frustrating for fans to see the inept performances. That's continued since Hasler (and before but then at least we felt we could turn it around with a coach and Admin that put the Bulldogs first)

That was lost of recent times and we re-start from a low base.

Can't blame fans for being critical.

Main thing is vent, whinge, complain, make silly suggestions, make good suggestions..but everyonr keep your love for our Club.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the media and some of our fans are banging on about our attack but that will come with time, and more importantly, better players. The notion that Baz has forgotten how to attack is ludicrous. We just need more time together and some confidence and our attack will improve. By the end of this season people won't be talking about our attack anymore. The thing that really concerns me is our defence because that first 10 minutes was pedestrian.

Avo looked decent in that second half. Hopefully he keeps improving because the FB spot is up for grabs and he has the attributes to make it there. Cant see him playing in the halves (no spot) or centres (too poor defensively)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know the media and some of our fans are banging on about our attack but that will come with time, and more importantly, better players. The notion that Baz has forgotten how to attack is ludicrous. We just need more time together and some confidence and our attack will improve. By the end of this season people won't be talking about our attack anymore. The thing that really concerns me is our defence because that first 10 minutes was pedestrian.

Avo looked decent in that second half. Hopefully he keeps improving because the FB spot is up for grabs and he has the attributes to make it there. Cant see him playing in the halves (no spot) or centres (too poor defensively)
There are moments of enterprising play and a glimmer of hope that Baz has set a sound foundation.

Its a given we know we have some dumb players, we know we have some poor players but we know we have some good players who can eventually adjust and perform at their best ability.

Some grunt up front and Burton and Fox will improve this team immensely and we all know that as something to look forward to.

Those 2 are out and out champions who will not passively stand around waiting for the ball or let a bunch of comfortable plodders ruin their careers. They'll have something to say about that happening.

(Looking at Allen, Cotric, Flan, Waddell, Stimson for a start as not putting in enough when they have the ability....

The others either are putting in or don't have the ability now or have lost it).

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something is really wrong with our front rowers, Napa, Ogden etc don’t seem to be to interested in playing tough... I assume they have already been told they ain’t wanted next year and so it should be! I would have rather kept sui and fucked off Napa he has a go atleast

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not that I watch the Sunday footy show that often but a few times now Freddy fitler has gone into bat for our team.
Johns said nothing when they were reviewing the storm game.
Freddy said we were gaining momentum .scored a few tries but said the killer was a flanagan kick caught in goal on the full ,7 tackles,Bromwich grubber for olam to score.that was the killer.his point was the number 7 has to b better than that ,he has to own the team.
Most likely really good mates with baz and really sorry for him.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
The upside out of all this so far is that we’ve seen the worse of our team for the next 10 years... from Rd 6 its onwards and upwards

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three good things from last week...
A) The half-time hooter;
B) The full-time hooter; and
C) Both (A) and (B) above

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fans just venting their disappointment.

We are good supporters under very trying circumstances for several years of under performing results and efforts....when the team had the ability to compete, it was frustrating for fans to see the inept performances. That's continued since Hasler (and before but then at least we felt we could turn it around with a coach and Admin that put the Bulldogs first)

That was lost of recent times and we re-start from a low base.

Can't blame fans for being critical.

Main thing is vent, whinge, complain, make silly suggestions, make good suggestions..but everyonr keep your love for our Club.
Anyone who is still here posting comments proves that they are no "fair weather fans". We would have gone years ago.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That try from Thompson got me off my feet, along with the commentary it felt like a winning try or a grand final try lol can't believe it's come to this, we have forgotten how to win and just hoping to see some trys‍♂‍♂