THREE GOOD THINGS FROM LAST WEEK

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some things of positivity yes, DWZ for me can stay at fb just needs a bit of attention on his positional work but he has been fairly good this year overall and was good Saturday.
Cows are there to be beaten think we should go ok up there and off an 8 day break..i've said a few times this is the game we will win so have to stick :laughing:

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll go for A but they were all good highlights. It was Thompson's 3rd try but only the first given & on the back of the longest points drought in the club's history. Thompson came on & scored pretty quickly as if to say how hard is it or that's how you do it boys!
yep robbed for 2 tries last year, mentioned them in the post game interview

he seems really mad about those 2 tries and that shit 4 game suspension on the top of it as his intro to NRL,

he ran hard but smart against storm, good lines, channeled that anger well

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One other thing I enjoyed in the game was seeing how passionate Avo and topine were when Avo scored .I know we were still well behind but they showed energy and passion to play for the dogs.thats why we need to bring a few more young guys into the team.
Elliot and DWZ are the only other ones that seem to fire up.the rest seem to be morbid

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Considering we were the first team this year to play against a full strength storm side and score three tries...I’m positive we won’t get the spoon this year
Four of storms tries were in the last 5 min of both halves... we just need to tighten our defence at the back ends.
Should clip the cowboys this weekend

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good post ops.
Even though we leaked more points this time against a class outfit, these 3 moments show there's definitely ability that needs to be harnessed and used more. A more favorable draw over the next few weeks might give our side the confidence to compete over longer periods of a game.
Averillo just needs to believe in himself and take as much pressure as he can off Flanagan.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He looks good in blue and white.
Best team colours for sure.

Although my grandmother used to say the Berries white sleeves were a curse because when our guys were punching on in scrums, the refs could see the white arms more prominately than the other teams dark colours lol

(And the moral of the story is that was the very beginnings and reason for our team being picked on by refs lol).

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although we had good patches against the Storm, we have good patches every game. Even commentators admit we are playing better than the scorelines indicate.

I have given up thinking about us winning any games this year. Should have beaten the Broncos; and could have given the Storm a close one - can't see us beating an enthusiastic Cowboys at their home. The warm weather will sap us, and we'll collapse in the final 20 as we always do.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DONT LISTEN TO OP

EVERYTHING IS DOOM AND GLOOM

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Although we had good patches against the Storm, we have good patches every game. Even commentators admit we are playing better than the scorelines indicate.

I have given up thinking about us winning any games this year. Should have beaten the Broncos; and could have given the Storm a close one - can't see us beating an enthusiastic Cowboys at their home. The warm weather will sap us, and we'll collapse in the final 20 as we always do.
True....but they're still our team so we'll hang in there with 'em thru gritted teeth and heavy hearts lol