thoughts about hickey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukes

like you no wateva?
Reaction score
you guys are so quick to judge! i think if he sheds a few kilos he will be damaging. he has speed he can barage through defence its just a matter of a team effort if they all work together maybe things will turn around after who knows whats yet to come out?

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jarrad Hickey hopefully improves his performance from last week then I think his doing a good job. Well next year theres gonna be some exciting young props putting there hands up for First grade like John Kite, Charlie Leaneo and maybe Paki Afu if we can resign them.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
i can see this guy has a damaging forward in years to come, reminds me of a young willie mason.
i think we should sign him up. great player
i think you are spot on when unsay he reminds u of a young willie mason. remember mason making his debut i think in 2000, and he was quite clumsy, and made alot of errors, especially simple knock ons due to his poor ball handling skills and lack of control. he seemed like the friendly giant that hickey is now, and i'm sure hickey has the potential to become more barnstorming, and perhaps a future rep player.

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
I like Hickey...still think he has loads more to offer, but when you put things into perspective its a positive. The last two seasons he has shed plenty of weight, and yes still has more to go....The thing that really impressed me last week, more than his break (which was piss funny) was when he came off in the 35th minute because of the blood bin, he was visably pissed off that he had to come off. Two years ago he would have been lucky to last 15 or 20 minutes....now he is playing full halves if need be...and yes I think the potential to go longer and longer as his fitness keeps increasing. Mason took a few years to learn how to play like a "Big Man" Hickey is a huge bloke, once he learns the art of playing with his size I have no doubt he will be damaging.......bit of a watch this space!

charlamill

DOGZ TILL DEATH!!
Reaction score
the thing with mason though is he had shrek with him showing him some madness...maybe he should watch sum of shreks vidios...lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like Hickey...still think he has loads more to offer, but when you put things into perspective its a positive. The last two seasons he has shed plenty of weight, and yes still has more to go....The thing that really impressed me last week, more than his break (which was piss funny) was when he came off in the 35th minute because of the blood bin, he was visably pissed off that he had to come off. Two years ago he would have been lucky to last 15 or 20 minutes....now he is playing full halves if need be...and yes I think the potential to go longer and longer as his fitness keeps increasing. Mason took a few years to learn how to play like a "Big Man" Hickey is a huge bloke, once he learns the art of playing with his size I have no doubt he will be damaging.......bit of a watch this space!
Very good point. Also showed great toughness. People should just be patient with Jaz, it isn't easy as a relatively inexperienced 23 year old prop to all of a sudden lead a severely weakened front row. With time he will improve vastly and I am sure, become the Front Rower we are sorely lacking atm.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
i hope for gods sak hickey , armit , morrin , do not get
a new contract as far as im concerned they are useless
they have no fire power like mason or omelley look at the comp
table 3rd last years gone props make the hard yards not these to
Pull your head in! With Hickey, you've got a bloke who's willing to put some effort into the game, rather than looking for ten big minutes a game to get their name on the news. I was one of the few glad to see the back of Mason & o'Meley- both too lazy & sure of their positions in the club. Give Hickey 1-2 more years to gain fitness & confidence; he'll be an 80 minute player better than either of those slack bastards

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
i hope for gods sak hickey , armit , morrin , do not get
a new contract as far as im concerned they are useless
they have no fire power like mason or omelley look at the comp
table 3rd last years gone props make the hard yards not these to
mate, if we dont sign them, who will lead our way next year? , i rate hickey and morrin good bench players, armit never been a fan, but we need at least of these two blokes and kane cleal to lead our pack.

M

Mr Miyagi

Pull your head in! With Hickey, you've got a bloke who's willing to put some effort into the game, rather than looking for ten big minutes a game to get their name on the news. I was one of the few glad to see the back of Mason & o'Meley- both too lazy & sure of their positions in the club. Give Hickey 1-2 more years to gain fitness & confidence; he'll be an 80 minute player better than either of those slack bastards
I concur, I like Hickey and imo find his critics to be harsh indeed.
They do not take notice of all the good things he does but are quick to pound him around on the most minor things.
He is a young prop, and to my suprise he has speed in 2 years time you will all be giving him a blow job

-313-

Hickey is a young prop who was handed a tough job, I remmber when Mason was Hickey's age he was a ***** (Still is) but he really was, Hickey is not even 21 yet, he was handed the #10 early, best position for him would be of the bench, but having said that I think he is handling the pressure. he just needs to lose a little weight though.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hickey is a young prop who was handed a tough job, I remmber when Mason was Hickey's age he was a ***** (Still is) but he really was, Hickey is not even 21 yet, he was handed the #10 early, best position for him would be of the bench, but having said that I think he is handling the pressure. he just needs to lose a little weight though.
Exactly most props his age start off the bench after a dominating performance by his senior front rowers, he doesnt have this luxury.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
nice post, i totally agree

samgee

Bulldog since 1986!
Reaction score
Good call mighty matt. Totally agree...

I love Hickey - shed some weight and throw in a bit of an offloading game and he will be unstoppable

Junior DJ

Frank The Tank
Reaction score
jarrad is a cutie pie , me n him dated a while back , it was bliss !

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Bulldogs need a Hickey. LOL
Also I wonder if Ben Hannant and his young family would join the Bulldogs.
They're bloody good forwards.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
i can see this guy has a damaging forward in years to come, reminds me of a young willie mason.
i think we should sign him up. great player
Could not agree more. Been talking him up for weeks and last week i think he come of age. Still needs to lose some of that fat but a good player. Just praying we can snare Hannant. What a combination.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could not agree more. Been talking him up for weeks and last week i think he come of age. Still needs to lose some of that fat but a good player. Just praying we can snare Hannant. What a combination.
no no no.. i like his gut, last week in that break, i could cheer, cry and laugh all at the same time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hickey needs to learn how to hold and offload like SBW, and how to be aggressive like Tsoulos and Cleal.

Once he learns those two things and gets some aggression behind him he will be a very damaging player. At the moment he allows himself to be tackled too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.