Thompson

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Got to give the bloke a wrap he was outstanding in the first half gassed a little in the second half but he’s the most positive thing that’s happened to the club for a long time.
Love your work mate

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was running decoys left right and center, wouldn't be surprised attributed to him being gassed a bit earlier then he should have.

To be fair if we had a dummy half with vision he would have received the ball on most of those runs - I'm sure he wasn't running up saying give it to tolman I'm decoy.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He was running decoys left right and center, wouldn't be surprised attributed to him being gassed a bit earlier then he should have.

To be fair if we had a dummy half with vision he would have received the ball on most of those runs - I'm sure he wasn't running up saying give it to tolman I'm decoy.
Yeah would love to see him get the ball close to the line runs hard plenty of leg drive, i really like him hopefully we can build the pack around him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was frustrating seeing Napa and Tolman push in front of him or JMK/Katoa ignoring him for a few sets in a row multiple times....

I'd like to see him play a bit wider on certain plays so he can use his speed and footwork against outside men more. As it was he had to run into three middle forwards off the back of slow play the balls.

He hasn't had a tackle bust or offload in two games so hopefully he can show more of that as we know he has the ability. His aggression and attitude have been great and it's positive early signs. Hopefully he's utlitised better moving forward.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As good as he has been, we aren't gonna maximise his potential playing the way we do, he needs to play on the team that can get on the front foot and let him use his speed, footwork and aggression.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I think after a few games he’ll start demanding the ball .
He impressed me with his kick chase in the first half it helped lift the whole side

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got to give the bloke a wrap he was outstanding in the first half gassed a little in the second half but he’s the most positive thing that’s happened to the club for a long time.
Love your work mate
Hope he doesn't realise what a dud team he's signed up to, and heads back home before the end of the season.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He is killing it early on, the guy hits the ball up hard as and bends the defensive line everytime! Something we’ve been lacking for several years... happy days ahead lads.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its so obvious he is by far the best forward we have but was taking hitups after the other slow pokes.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am just in need to have a favourite doggies player. Thompson I like what I have seen so far. Just a few games he is a stand out from the rest.

Last edited:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping he becomes the leader of the forward brigade.
Toomaga rfm ogden sue will follow good leadership and thrive.