this is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
people also need to remember that like when we signed him things can change such as him getting injured.

Just as we all think he isnt worth it now if he shows up with that form in 2006 you will all change ur minds straight back the other way.
yeah i agree

sonny hasnt had a chance to really prove his value
look at benji marshall
i think he once had a 1:1 ratio of shoulder reconstructions per first grade games

but now he looks like a very promising 5/8th worth big $$$$$

if sonny comes out of 2006 with great form and at least 20+ games
the management will be vindicated for their decision to resign him

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
but coastal keep in mind the dogs production line and scouting system

there is some smart things weve done as well

take a look at our team for next year and hopefully it will give you confidence in the bulldogs direction

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Cameron Phelps
4. Wille Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Reni Maitua
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O Meley
9. Adam Perry
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Willie Mason
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Sonny Bill Williams (if grimaldi isnt with us)

14. Chris Armit
15. Nate Myles
16. Corey Hughes
17. Dallas Mc Illwain

imo. its a premiership winning team at full strength+ the new recruits and new players will no doubt be brought in and become stars

i have every confidence that the club can remain very successful

yeah but not the best team if we get a few injuries,,thats what made last years so good,,we had hutch,feeney,g hughes,scott,harris and thurston in reserve grade

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
coastaldog said:
its funny with the likes of sonny and tonga,we are paying them superstar contracts after one good year and not waited till they have truely proved themselves
Thats what annoys me...they, SBW especially, arent established NRL players as far as long term. Yeah they have represented their country, but SBW has also sat his arse on the bench for most of two seasons...Players like Grimmers who always put in the effort, and are always there for the team deserve the money more imo.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
coastaldog said:
yeah but not the best team if we get a few injuries,,thats what made last years so good,,we had hutch,feeney,g hughes,scott,harris and thurston in reserve grade
yeah but who knows who folkes can bring up to first grade next year

the jersey flegg players grow a year older and may become first graders

this time last year
cameron phelps, nate myles, chris armit and some others were really nobodies
and now i reckon they are fully fledged first graders

as long as we keep up that ability to bring the right people up into the right positions we will be fine

players like utai, mason,anasta,rauhihi,thurston,asotasi and sonny bill
to name a few have come through that exact same way, lets hope it can continue for our sake

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
yeah but who knows who folkes can bring up to first grade next year

the jersey flegg players grow a year older and may become first graders

this time last year
cameron phelps, nate myles, chris armit and some others were really nobodies
and now i reckon they are fully fledged first graders

as long as we keep up that ability to bring the right people up into the right positions we will be fine

players like utai, mason,anasta,rauhihi,thurston,asotasi and sonny bill
to name a few have come through that exact same way, lets hope it can continue for our sake

fingers crossed

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
lol @ phelps, nate and armit being fully fledged first graders.

worthy replacements for marteene, feeney and scott.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nikau said:
lol @ phelps, nate and armit being fully fledged first graders.

worthy replacements for marteene, feeney and scott.
they were talking about nate myles in regards to queensland selection in game 3 dont forget

phelps may have a while to go

but the other 2 are very valueble of the bench and ill pick them over scott and feeney

also we have mcillwain,morrin,irvine,cutler who can fill in the gaps for injury concerns

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Dennis Scott was always mentioned as an outside potential qlder. I think he was named in a 30 man squad a few years back.

Feeney was also meant to play for NSW but never did lols.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
but today i would much rather have our 2

i think scott and feeney have shown their best, while myles and armit still have potential and are very young

A

atomic_crimson

sonny shoulda have never been paid so much IF he is gettin that much... and thats where teh dog made thier mistake... because mason was an established nrl player and rep player he would have had to get paid more $$$ than sonny... and thats ur mistake right there! we have an estimated 800k - 900k of our cap on two players..

then other mistake was signing corey again! lol

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
We spent all our money on a glass knee :(

And the glass knee has spent all that money being a party boy socialite..........

D

DoggFather

Stevie J said:
people also need to remember that like when we signed him things can change such as him getting injured.

Just as we all think he isnt worth it now if he shows up with that form in 2006 you will all change ur minds straight back the other way.
Exactly man, they will jump back on the "I have always loved SBW" bandwagon.

But seriously, there are a lot of d!ckheads on here with no idea about football. If we didnt offer SBW 400K and he signed with another Club, the same d!ckheads complaining about signing him will then complain for letting him go.

FFS, talk some sence people.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
don't diss blinky bill.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep sure let's just blame it on the management and the money when there is something called a salary cap and sometimes players actually WANT TO LEAVE for their own personal reasons!

fmatiga

Waterboy
Reaction score
coastaldog said:
now that the dust has settled from a dissapointing year,i think it is a joke that the players we have lost in the last few years hasnt freed up enough money for us to keep current players,

look at this list of players we have lost in the last 4 or so years and tell me that we are not learning lessons,some thing has to be done befor we loose the passion in playing for the bulldogs and not just become a team with a few super stars and we make up the rest of the team from what slim pickings we can afford..last year we won the comp because we were a super star team and not a team of superstars,,but the current contracts are beggining to differ,,some players are paid superstar contracts and the rest are offered scraps,look at us now loosing braith,grimaldi,tonga,lolesi straight after a year we loose price,thurston,feeney scott,s hughes,g hughes,hutch and so on,then look at the players we lost the year befor that,,something has to be done or this team will become the new souths,

here is a comprised list i did of the top of my head,but i know i have missed some.

steve price,
travis norton,
steve reardon,
willie talau,
darrel trindall,
craig polla mounta,
paul rahihi,
johnathen thurston,
hutch maiava,
dennis scott,
jamie feeney,
nigel vagana
darren smith,
darren britt,
glen hughes,
steve hughes
braith anasta,
charlie tonga,
glen hall,
shane marteene,
jamaal lolesi,
ben harris,
brett howland,
rod silva,
gavin lesta,
shane perry,
troy stone,
barry ward,

what a team we can make out of this list,
would blitz last years and 2002s teams
I find it hard to agree with you on this one. Most of the players you named are fringe first graders (paid ***** all), have retired or chronically injured, chased or have been offered more money somewhere else and/or asked to look elsewhere due to the grief that they bring to the club. Mate, our current line-up in 2005 & the one we will have in 2006 is good enough to win a premiership. We were REALLY just unlucky with injuries and lack of match fitness to our established stars. The Bulldogs recruitment policy is probably one of the best if not the best in the NRL. Just look at the success we have had in the last 4 years. And may I add that the amount of players that we churned in the last 2 years is just about the same as any other club in the NRL wether they be superstars or not.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
fmatiga said:
I find it hard to agree with you on this one. Most of the players you named are fringe first graders (paid ***** all), have retired or chronically injured, chased or have been offered more money somewhere else and/or asked to look elsewhere due to the grief that they bring to the club. Mate, our current line-up in 2005 & the one we will have in 2006 is good enough to win a premiership. We were REALLY just unlucky with injuries and lack of match fitness to our established stars. The Bulldogs recruitment policy is probably one of the best if not the best in the NRL. Just look at the success we have had in the last 4 years. And may I add that the amount of players that we churned in the last 2 years is just about the same as any other club in the NRL wether they be superstars or not.
lol @ hughes, trindall, and feeney being paid **** all.

Status
Not open for further replies.