this is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
now that the dust has settled from a dissapointing year,i think it is a joke that the players we have lost in the last few years hasnt freed up enough money for us to keep current players,

look at this list of players we have lost in the last 4 or so years and tell me that we are not learning lessons,some thing has to be done befor we loose the passion in playing for the bulldogs and not just become a team with a few super stars and we make up the rest of the team from what slim pickings we can afford..last year we won the comp because we were a super star team and not a team of superstars,,but the current contracts are beggining to differ,,some players are paid superstar contracts and the rest are offered scraps,look at us now loosing braith,grimaldi,tonga,lolesi straight after a year we loose price,thurston,feeney scott,s hughes,g hughes,hutch and so on,then look at the players we lost the year befor that,,something has to be done or this team will become the new souths,

here is a comprised list i did of the top of my head,but i know i have missed some.

steve price,
travis norton,
steve reardon,
willie talau,
darrel trindall,
craig polla mounta,
paul rahihi,
johnathen thurston,
hutch maiava,
dennis scott,
jamie feeney,
nigel vagana
darren smith,
darren britt,
glen hughes,
steve hughes
braith anasta,
charlie tonga,
glen hall,
shane marteene,
jamaal lolesi,
ben harris,
brett howland,
rod silva,
gavin lesta,
shane perry,
troy stone,
barry ward,

what a team we can make out of this list,
would blitz last years and 2002s teams

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
i am writting this thread because tony grimaldi has had no contract offered to him for next year and is looking elsewhere

M

MrCharisma

If we lose out on Tony, I'll be friggen spewing.... how can we pay so many ****e players such huge contracts and not offer one of the highest performing Doggies of the season, some form of contract

Even if it's a small contract with match payments and incentives

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Agreed... we need to seriously look at our recruiting... no idea what is going on... there is no reason for what has happened.. oh well... that is how it is.. RE-SIGN GRIMMERS... we need him... :grinning:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
good point made about the loss of players

if we had this seasons woth of injuries with the squads of the last few years, we would of still made the finals

but i reckon most of the players mentioned above were mostly frindge players looking for more 1st grade time, or players going into retirement

its natural for a successful club to lose players, thats what the salary cap is all about

the roosters, panthers, even the bronco's and next few years will see the dragons go into the same mode of losing players

Maza

Reaction score
that list is soooooooo long

i agree wid ya 100%

grimaldi cant go, if he does, thats like us waving goodbye 2 our passion and true heart
:(

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
good point made about the loss of players

if we had this seasons woth of injuries with the squads of the last few years, we would of still made the finals

but i reckon most of the players mentioned above were mostly frindge players looking for more 1st grade time, or players going into retirement

its natural for a successful club to lose players, thats what the salary cap is all about

the roosters, panthers, even the bronco's and next few years will see the dragons go into the same mode of losing players

i know excactly what you are saying here mr r,but im just showing the freed up money we have to start spending more wisely,i didnt add the fringe player from this year and last year we have lost,

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
I completely agree. I dont like the way things are happenig with contracts and stuff. Its all bullsh!t. Bring back playing for the love of the game, passion within the club etc...

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
you have to admit,with all these players in thier prime,,what a team we could make from it,,imagin have all in there prime as out 30 man team this year,wede be praying for injuries to get some of the other into the starting 17,and we wouldnt have a farwards problem ever

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
coastaldog said:
i know excactly what you are saying here mr r,but im just showing the freed up money we have to start spending more wisely,i didnt add the fringe player from this year and last year we have lost,
yeah im just saying most of those players wouldnt of been on much money

when your team becomes successful, then your players prices go up and they can demand more money from other clubs and its those sort of players (fringe)who have to be let go in order to keep the main team together

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
The only thing im worried about the moment is we have to re-sign Grimaldi

the list shows some of my favourite players it was a shame we didnt re-sign some of them but we have to stay under the cap and also some of those players decided to leave themselves.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the only real mistake that the club has made, is resigning sonny bill for as much as they did

but at that time early in the season, i reckon he was worth that money
he had the profile and the reputation for being the future greatest of all time
and the club wanted to keep him at any price

maybe that wasnt such a good idea, but im looking at it from the convienient position of 6 months later

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish players like Williams and Mason had signed for 300,000 or less instead of 400,000.
I think most good forwards get about 300,000 maximum and we'd be able to afford a few more players. :(

And do they realllly need that extra 100,000 thousand a year? It would be an effort to spend so much that they would spend over 300,000.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
people also need to remember that like when we signed him things can change such as him getting injured.

Just as we all think he isnt worth it now if he shows up with that form in 2006 you will all change ur minds straight back the other way.

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:
the only real mistake that the club has made, is resigning sonny bill for as much as they did

maybe that wasnt such a good idea, but im looking at it from the convienient position of 6 months later

Hindsight sucks doesnt it :(

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
If we lose out on Tony, I'll be friggen spewing.... how can we pay so many ****e players such huge contracts and not offer one of the highest performing Doggies of the season, some form of contract

Even if it's a small contract with match payments and incentives
I agree.

You know looking at that list, there are a lot of players we have lost over the last few years.

C

Cookie^Monstah

Everyone is blowing up about Grimaldi but didn't the club offer him a contract but it was rejected by the NRL due to salary cap b.s. and rah rah rah?

:( we is the bulldogs, these are minor hurdles, we'll be back better then ever

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
Mr Rodriguez™ said:

same with the money we resigned mason with,we should have given him a shorter contract to see if he fully recovers from his injuries,,some players are never the same after injuries like that,
and maybe piss willie tonga off and let him play a year elsewhere on that much money befor he goes to the gold coast.

its funny with the likes of sonny and tonga,we are paying them superstar contracts after one good year and not waited till they have truely proved themselves

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
but coastal keep in mind the dogs production line and scouting system

there is some smart things weve done as well

take a look at our team for next year and hopefully it will give you confidence in the bulldogs direction

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Cameron Phelps
4. Wille Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Reni Maitua
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O Meley
9. Adam Perry
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Willie Mason
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Sonny Bill Williams (if grimaldi isnt with us)

14. Chris Armit
15. Nate Myles
16. Corey Hughes
17. Dallas Mc Illwain

imo. its a premiership winning team at full strength+ the new recruits and new players will no doubt be brought in and become stars

i have every confidence that the club can remain very successful

Status
Not open for further replies.