Things we need to do to beat the Storm Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogsFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our team have always won/come the most closest (less pd) when it comes vsing the storm rather than other teams, we always play one better against them so i'm confident :grinning:

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im excited, might be the same lineup and with 5 or 6 NSW Cup players of last year but hopefully Des finds some chinks in the storm for when it counts at seasons end.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
1. Meet with the Refs and find out why they think we are the dirtiest team in the comp. Ask what we should do to get at least level on the penalty count.
They don't , they think the roosters are , and thats fine by me !

I can tell you now the penalty count will be in storms favour as they are immune to being penalised for most things and will cruise through ,most of the season like this.
How slatergrub got 0 weeks for knocking out winterstein is a prime example.

Last edited by a moderator:

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
They don't , they think the roosters are , and thats fine by me !

I can tell you now the penalty count will be in storms favour as they are immune to being penalised for most things and will cruise through ,most of the season like this.
How slatergrub got 0 weeks form knockingh out winterstein is a prime example.
crushers,knees into calves,holding down, anything Slater does..

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Bring back kasiano, pritchard, barba and graham.

Personally i think we should be lucky to get within 20 of them, and thats being optimistic.

They are in great form, its at their home ground and they dont have any key injuries.

We have the opposite of all of these.
agreed...the storm are an awesome outfit but i'm hoping that we can at least be competitive

S

Sharpy

We needed to do this in the gf.
thats what the coach is for, he is as much to blame as KK or Reynolds. people forget they play either side of the ruck so all 3 are to blame not just KK.
but KK is the easy target i see

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Kick to Slater every time and send numbers down to bash him on the return, this also stops other players linking with him if they return the ball. (The eagles did this very well against Uate on the weekend)
Send truck loads of traffic at Cronk and Smith, make them tackle all game

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Step 1: Help Trex find his b@lls...
Step 2: Have him running at Cronk all night...

H

HajdukSplit

Kick to Slaters left side. He isnt as effective bringing the ball back from the left side of the field compared to the right side or down the middle.

ennis to mark up against smith (also verbally and physically abuse him)

kick chase and shutting down melbournes kicks has to be on the mark.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t understand the Storm hysteria tbh

They are a very strong side but every team has their opportunities against them. They just fall away from their structure and buckle

We always trouble Melbourne. The only thing that will hurt us is the drop ball, and poor discipline

If we control that well, our defence does its usual job… our backline will trouble them
You mut have missed the 2012 Grand Final then.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
9. After 80 minutes we have to score more points tbh

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kicking to Slater is not the answer; he always leaps to take the ball, putting his feet into the attacking players. Make him chase the ball. Unfortunately, that requires someone to look before they kick. I don't see us doing that.

We can reduce the penalties by not holding down in tackles, and keeping hands off the ball. But, it all comes down to confidence. A few good plays could turn the game our way.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Our defense has been better than our attack, so we have to hope if we only score 2-3 tries, that our defense will hold them off. I have a feeling we can cause an upset. In last years grand final, I felt there was actually more expectation on us, despite the fact that they were favourites...we were the Sydney team playing them down here. this time the roles are reversed, and hope it comes back to hurt them. Slater lucky to be playing this week, and hope he doesn't prove to be the difference between the two sides.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
With need bulldog supporting snipers at AAMI.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if we score more points we should win

storm2012

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our defense has been better than our attack, so we have to hope if we only score 2-3 tries, that our defense will hold them off. I have a feeling we can cause an upset. In last years grand final, I felt there was actually more expectation on us, despite the fact that they were favourites...we were the Sydney team playing them down here. this time the roles are reversed, and hope it comes back to hurt them. Slater lucky to be playing this week, and hope he doesn't prove to be the difference between the two sides.
We weren`t faves in last years GF.the whole build up during GF week was about the dogs.During the whole final series we were never picked to win by the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.