Things we need to do to beat the Storm Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Ok here are my thoughts. I'm not the coach, not a current or past player but have been a fan for 50 years and my ticket money has bought me at least one goal post.

1. Meet with the Refs and find out why they think we are the dirtiest team in the comp. Ask what we should do to get at least level on the penalty count.

2. Get more practice for our players catching the ball.

3. Tell Halatau if he puts his hand on the ball after he tackles a player we will cut his fingers off.

4. Let Klemmer pass the ball. I understand that as the new guy he would have been told to play safe but he has been offloading the ball in the tackle since he was 6. It is his strength, let him free to use it.

5. Replace Low at fullback. I'm sure he's a good kid and his mother loves him and he sponsors orphans in Africa but as Cronk starts to bomb we will fold. Need someone who can jump at fullback. I suggest Inu.

6. Tell T-Rex that he either hits the line running or he finds a new club. Send him out on a boys night with Reynolds, let them get to know one another cause they don't look like they do on the field.

7. Tell the team its no use KK learning to kick long kicks if we don't follow them down field with urgency. Show them some video of our 2004 team.

8. Identify someone who can put in a short kick into the in-goal to get us an extra six. Must be someone in the team who can do that? Haven't seen who yet but we need it urgently.

Given the troops we have at the moment all of the above should be achievable. Not pie in the sky, basic stuff but the greatest coach in the NRL seems to be missing it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
9. Have Cronk, Slater and Smith kidnapped...

But seriously, it is going to be a big ask. Nothing is impossible though....

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back kasiano, pritchard, barba and graham.

Personally i think we should be lucky to get within 20 of them, and thats being optimistic.

They are in great form, its at their home ground and they dont have any key injuries.

We have the opposite of all of these.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Score more points than them.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The storm have a NEW play / game plan every week. whilst the Williams Dene thing is quite amusing the rest is tough to do. Good post though.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring back kasiano, pritchard, barba and graham.

Personally i think we should be lucky to get within 20 of them, and thats being optimistic.

They are in great form, its at their home ground and they dont have any key injuries.

We have the opposite of all of these.

x2 agree completely with this

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
11. Drop kris keating to bundy cup.
Bring in bundy cup or u20s halfback. Either or both would be bettet players!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anything the Storm are clinical and will play robot like mistake free footy, we need to match that and try and upset their rythem.
If their defence rushes up every play maybe try some chips behind them, we used to always worry the Storm, it can be done.

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we need a chip kick play over the rushing defence..

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I'm confident in our defence, it is as strong as last year imo

As long as we control the ball, and give away minimal penalties we should be close

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm confident in our defence, it is as strong as last year imo

As long as we control the ball, and give away minimal penalties we should be close
I'd agree I couldn't see Melbourne putting 13+ on us, different story if our defence was terrible.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I don’t understand the Storm hysteria tbh

They are a very strong side but every team has their opportunities against them. They just fall away from their structure and buckle

We always trouble Melbourne. The only thing that will hurt us is the drop ball, and poor discipline

If we control that well, our defence does its usual job… our backline will trouble them

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we win and Low performs, then Barba wont return earlier as expected, but i guess thats why our odds are at 4.25

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t understand the Storm hysteria tbh

They are a very strong side but every team has their opportunities against them. They just fall away from their structure and buckle

We always trouble Melbourne. The only thing that will hurt us is the drop ball, and poor discipline

If we control that well, our defence does its usual job… our backline will trouble them
I agree about the hysteria. The cows dropped off so many tackles effectively gifting them points. Don't agree that we always trouble them though.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give brown paper bags to refs with strict instructions that the Storm never leave their 20 meter mark.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
This is about things we can do. Chip kicks for KK is an unrealistic target. Dave Klemmer passing is a realistic goal.

Is Eastwood our best player? I am beginning to think he is. Make him the captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.