Theories for this performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our coach was busy doing other shit for 26 weeks prob counting his cashola or surfing thr beautiful northrn beaches.
not enough young blood in the side.
Please pry head from within cheeks, may need aid as it seems firmly planted

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No kris keating. Not totally kidding. As average as he is, he performed better than Hodko and we recently re signed him for 2 years :nono:

We overachieved last year but also got the gameplan right in most games and executed much better. We played close if not to potential. This season, injuries, suspensions and Barbas nonsense disrupted us all the way.

The game today showed that unless we dominate in the forwards we have no hope. Knights were stronger, faster and smarter. Their kicking was excellent and their backs have good leg speed. In the forwards where we should have had an advantage, we only had a handful of damaging runs.

I am really concerned about our lack of energy. All our backs look sluggish except for Inu and he was out. I dont mean quick over 40 like Morris, but quick feet. Players that can evade tackles. If your halves arent creative or skilful enough like our's, you need another point of attack. Reynolds isnt consistently dangerous and our kicking game would be down with the worst.

Honestly the critics are right, we are a crap team and unless Des addresses that instead of blaming it on the dam possession rate, we will not improve.

Players like Klemmer, Burr and someone like Hayne or Hoppa would make a big difference BUT our halves are still not good enough. Feeney from NYC has potential but not sure what his kicking game is like. Hes a similar player to Reynolds too.

Excuse lack of punctuation. Typing on ipad sucks.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've never been the same since they implemented the obstruction rule !

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only way we're gonna get back to premiership level again is if we play the same game as souffs, roosters and storm. And that is rorting the salary cap.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Zeus didn't jam a lightning bolt up their asses... i bet if their asses were on fire they'd play better tbh

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Everyone but Pritchard, Eastwood, Graham, Tolman, Reynolds and Perrett for today's performance tbh.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our support play was non existant ,a sign of our lack of hunger .quite simply our forwards were soft most of year not aggressive enough soft tackling ,our attack in opposition 20 is clueless this is our big problem that costs us alot of games

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please pry head from within cheeks, may need aid as it seems firmly planted
Very mature champion. Its funny that u have arguments with a number of people on here when u dont agree with them, shows what type of person u are. And fyi id rather have my head stuck between my own cheeks than the cheeks of someone else namely one josh jackson u muppet. Go start an argument with someone else.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If ur going to take the soft option miss tegga and blame our hole season on 1 individual than so be it, thats ur opinion but i cant agree with having no set plays, no line speed, and rubbish ball control blamed on the f wit at the back. Coaching staff must shoulder some of the burden and yes i called u miss tegga coz u are a lil bitch chihuahua thats starts lil petty arguments with alot of other members.

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's simple.

Our gameplan is the spread the ball side to side. Spread left and get tackled or bundled into touch. Spread right and get tackled or bundled into touch.

Des needs to coach the team to take a few solid hit ups every now and then to attract the defence more to the centre and then spread the ball at better selected moments.

Our gameplan worked for a while last year but the Storm showed everyone how to easily diffuse it in last year's final. We rarely troubled anyone with it this season. Last year, Barba's insane form meant it worked quite a bit.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
is it just me or are the following true
attack - we just kick for the sides and hope or wingers or centers catch it and score
our forwards run on to the ball from a standing start a lot of the time ( ive never played league so i dont know if this is a fatigue thing )

bite man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
is it just me or are the following true
attack - we just kick for the sides and hope or wingers or centers catch it and score
our forwards run on to the ball from a standing start a lot of the time ( ive never played league so i dont know if this is a fatigue thing )
our forwards become our bacline our speedsters don't see the ball idont get it as soon as it goes out to the left or right 1 of out forwards gets in the way im ****ed 4 words

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
we are one of the most inept sides in the opp 20. They talk up Newcastle's defence but we didn't offer one dangerous play, it was like an opposed training drill for them.

way too flat with the ball with nobody running onto it. Ever.

terrible vision from our dummy half in almost all situations

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
we are one of the most inept sides in the opp 20. They talk up Newcastle's defence but we didn't offer one dangerous play, it was like an opposed training drill for them.

way too flat with the ball with nobody running onto it. Ever.

terrible vision from our dummy half in almost all situations
iv said the same thing all year

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst dummy half in the history of the game. We will never win a comp with that useless pr!ck not only being in the team, but our captain. Disgrace.
Agreed.
No doubt he is a good bloke off the field but has repeatedly made poor decisions on field for some time now. Yesterday he was disgraceful. Not the only one either but hooker is such a crucial role.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i blame it on not introducing peptides into the side

sawtell girl9

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have said this from day dot. His service from dummy half is slow and shit and it is getting worse. Every hooker tackles his arse off in 1st grade so stop trying to use this as a greatness of Ennis. He does as much tackling as any hooker in first grade,but his dummy half skills is below average and his whinging negative attitude is a virus to any team culture.
Totally agree. He needs toove on as he is now too old to change his mindset.
I believe last year was a flash in the pan due to BB playing so well and when it went to his head the flash was gone.
Sell trex and Ennis and get a marquee player, even pay overs to get him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lulz at people who say our playing style doesn't work any more.....we played nothing like 2012 this year. Our problem this year was morale and attitude issues caused by the barba situation. We haven't had a happy casmp at all this year. I have no doubt we will be better off next year and expect another good season.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw our problems were due to the decoy rule, in 2012 our decoys did interfere with the defence and so they introduced a rule to stop us

Status
Not open for further replies.