Theories for this performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Its not as if today was surprise weve been shit all year.
Our attack is too predictable that is the problem. We need new structure, it is fixable

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thumbs you down lol how old are you 7?
You seem to throw quite a few tantrums in most of your posts so how old are you? I merely meant if you disagree with what I'm saying, which people usually just thumbs down when they do since that was added to the forum

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not going to go silly here but did anyone notice that Barba didn't catch a kick on the full yet Morris got nearly every single one? Yeah that.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not going to go silly here but did anyone notice that Barba didn't catch a kick on the full yet Morris got nearly every single one? Yeah that.
I thought barba caught one ball on the full early in the game? after our first try

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
barba runs away from the ball, even the morris/brown screw up there was no fullback in sight to make the tackle

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
The main problem is now no longer our concern, thankfully...

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dogs have had a horror year with injuries and suspensions capped off by Barba demonstrating why the coaching staff had their doubts about his attitude when everyone was calling for him to be in first grade. On the positive side they made the finals cut off. On the negative it must be said they were always just making up the numbers and way behind the form of the Rabbit Catchers, Easts, Many and Melbourne. And finally the disappointment is that the dogs were consistently out muscled and out enthused. Again today there was no rushing up in defence to put pressure on the opposition. Unless the defender is moving forward the attacking player will have the momentum. Simple physics 101. Hope they manage to snare Hayne and then get our forwards injury and suspension free.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Lets be honest, after watching the top 4 teams play each other (especially the roosters vs eagles) we were a million to one of winning the comp with the crap we have dished up this season

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets be honest, after watching the top 4 teams play each other (especially the roosters vs eagles) we were a million to one of winning the comp with the crap we have dished up this season
Yep if we some how got over the line today melbourne would have humiliated us down there.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Worst dummy half in the history of the game. We will never win a comp with that useless pr!ck not only being in the team, but our captain. Disgrace.
I have said this from day dot. His service from dummy half is slow and shit and it is getting worse. Every hooker tackles his arse off in 1st grade so stop trying to use this as a greatness of Ennis. He does as much tackling as any hooker in first grade,but his dummy half skills is below average and his whinging negative attitude is a virus to any team culture.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I basically blame BB for our entire season! We had a chance 2 weeks ago but for some reason that I while go to my grave wondering why Hasler mixed up our team to accommodate BB. Had he stayed out I honestly think we would have progressed today.

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
Completely agree. Same predictable play and the knights just read it too easy. Bennet's no fool. We need to change the way we attack and defend. We were foolish to think that what worked last year would work again this year. Our game just didn't evolve at all this season.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I think we are being very harsh on Ennis. Defensively he keeps us very tight down the middle, he works hard in defence and does have the ability to run out of dummy half, as he did today creating numbers down the left edge. Unfortunantely his pass went astray.

The issue with Ennis, is when he sees us going nowhere in attack little things like that kick out of dummy half costing us a penalty, begin to creep into his game.

There's enough evidence from our 2009 run and 2012 GF appearance to tell me that we CAN win a Premiership with Ennis as captain.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the backs, with the exception of 5/8, performed better in 2012. (That includes KK in 2012).

As for the forwards, only Pritchard, Tolman and Ennis were better in 2013.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
[video=youtube;MMzd40i8TfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA[/video]

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our coach was busy doing other shit for 26 weeks prob counting his cashola or surfing thr beautiful northrn beaches.
not enough young blood in the side.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help but think Inu had to do with this. Dropping Inu, a team and players favourite, for Barba who is on the outer and ****ed us over could have bad a detrimental effect me thinks.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Post your opinion on the possibilities of what could explain today's bullshit.
Could it possibly be poor coaching, poor attitude.. losing on purpose?
Post your most controversial or blasphemous sounding theories without being afraid of being swarmed by the kennels torch and pitchfork mob.

Mine? The team was disgruntled at Des's decisions to change the team. They wanted to him what they could do (first 5-10 min) then dropped a few gears.
Obviously I don't think this is true but it'd be fun to see what other people have to say about tonights performance.
all the above

Hookenon

New Pup
Reaction score
We were pathetic!!

Where do I start. Looked to me like crap coaching, TRex has been woeful all year, where were the halves today? we need a playmaker badly to get the forwards doing something other than bashing it up all day long, its tooo predictable. Our backline could be the best in the business but they don't get the opportunity, what is Des doing.

The NRL need to take a good hard look at:
1. Getting rid of gang tackles, its BS that 2-3 players can keep a player up and push 10 metres back or over the touchline
2. Stop the refs calling players by there first names, is that what they practice all week instead of recognising stripping of the footy, cheap shots player traking dives
3. Get rid of the dominate/ surrender tackle, once a player is tackled the ref counts to 3 and the tacklers have to be clear
4. Let the ref be allowed to say he doesn't know whether its a try or not
5. Call the tackles earlier, once a players progress has stopped call tackle this stops the wrestling and the ball coming out, or wrestling and slipping the ball out
6. Make football commentators aware that they are bringing the game into disrepute by harping on decisions way longer than they need to. Attention! Phil Gould

Thats all just had to vent

Status
Not open for further replies.