Opinion The Work Behind The Scenes

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m confident most Bulldogs voting members know the score leading up to February’s election of football club directors but since we have a few agitators on here like @04 Dreaming, @Polly Power, @Flanagun and some others I thought it would be useful to provide some non confidential insight into some things going on behind the scenes to strengthen the Dogs future.

Last night Ciraldo and Burton attended the St. Gregory’s Sports Dinner - neither of them are old boys and you’d think being in Campbelltown St. Greg’s would be Tigertown. Apparently they’ve been snubbed by the dysfunctional lot from Concord in favour of Eaglevale High School who have their sights set on being a sports high school. Subsequently St. Greg’s, as most know being a long time nursery of RL talent are favouring the Bulldogs for their students to lean towards. It’s also happening at some other clubs in SW Sydney such as around Menai. Gus is pushing the Bulldog boundary all the way to the Shire to get the best new talent from Sydney along with areas we know about including Northern NSW, Kingsland and NZ.

I know we’re all starved of success for our NRL team - it’s been years and we all want better. But to disrupt the momentum again would be taking a step back that could cost even more years to see success. We’re yet to see if a rival ticket even surfaces for the election but not only do I think the incumbents are safe with the investment in the CoE, two lower grade premierships in 2023, a waiting list to join our kit sponsorship and gradual improvement of our NRL squad, it would take a rabbit out of a hat for me to vote for anyone else.

Stay strong Dogs fans - better times are ahead.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don’t tag me in your Pom-pom waving bull shot, Fam. Tigers have a great junior catchment, and look how far it’s getting them. Our pathways are already pretty strong, as evidenced by the success we’ve had in lower grades… success we were enjoying long before Gus was here. It’s not going to translate t to I too grade success so long as our development programs, systems and the way we treat young talent remain this bad.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t tag me in your Pom-pom waving bull shot, Fam. Tigers have a great junior catchment, and look how far it’s getting them. Our pathways are already pretty strong, as evidenced by the success we’ve had in lower grades… success we were enjoying long before Gus was here. It’s not going to translate t to I too grade success so long as our development programs, systems and the way we treat young talent remain this bad.
The sodium laced reply we all expected :-).

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I’m confident most Bulldogs voting members know the score leading up to February’s election of football club directors but since we have a few agitators on here like @04 Dreaming, @Polly Power, @Flanagun and some others I thought it would be useful to provide some non confidential insight into some things going on behind the scenes to strengthen the Dogs future.

Last night Ciraldo and Burton attended the St. Gregory’s Sports Dinner - neither of them are old boys and you’d think being in Campbelltown St. Greg’s would be Tigertown. Apparently they’ve been snubbed by the dysfunctional lot from Concord in favour of Eaglevale High School who have their sights set on being a sports high school. Subsequently St. Greg’s, as most know being a long time nursery of RL talent are favouring the Bulldogs for their students to lean towards. It’s also happening at some other clubs in SW Sydney such as around Menai. Gus is pushing the Bulldog boundary all the way to the Shire to get the best new talent from Sydney along with areas we know about including Northern NSW, Kingsland and NZ.

I know we’re all starved of success for our NRL team - it’s been years and we all want better. But to disrupt the momentum again would be taking a step back that could cost even more years to see success. We’re yet to see if a rival ticket even surfaces for the election but not only do I think the incumbents are safe with the investment in the CoE, two lower grade premierships in 2023, a waiting list to join our kit sponsorship and gradual improvement of our NRL squad, it would take a rabbit out of a hat for me to vote for anyone else.

Menai is SW Sydney? And u talking either Aquinas or Menai High for RL?

Think you meant Endeavour mate.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Menai is SW Sydney? And u talking either Aquinas or Menai High for RL?

Think you meant Endeavour mate.
Take no prisoners Doogs! :-).
What I should’ve said was ‘From the SW through to Menai’. And yes, from what I understand Aquinas are another club favouring the Dogs through strengthened relationships. Endeavour would be Shark territory.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Take no prisoners Doogs! :-).
What I should’ve said was ‘From the SW through to Menai’. And yes, from what I understand Aquinas are another club favouring the Dogs through strengthened relationships. Endeavour would be Shark territory.
Getting nothing from Aquinas except maybe a decent accountant. All the sports kids down here go to Endeavour until they get the shits and then off to St. Pats.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Getting nothing from Aquinas except maybe a decent accountant. All the sports kids down here go to Endeavour until they get the shits and then off to St. Pats.
Maybe so far - but it’s good to see the relationships strengthened regardless and that the Dogs are viewed favourably in areas where you’d think other clubs would have an advantage. We won’t get ‘em all, but we might just get the next Jackson or Finucane.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Damn, that was salty.

Guess the truth doesn't gel with your rhetoric.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You give these morons more credit than they deserve. They don’t even vote let alone have the ability to try and influence an election [emoji23]

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
You are one pathetic short sighted excuse of a fan . Results in juniors is not a form of success when it comes to development of 1st graders. That’s is very narrow sighted. Tell me at what year do you think the club started to fail ?

Last edited:

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You dribble too much!

Here's a tissue :tearsofjoy:

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Thanks for the update. What is happening with the Centre of excellence Wasn't it meant to have starting being built by now ?