The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well that was the national farce for another week, determined as ever.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As weird as it may sound, sometimes public holidays drive me bonkers. I mean, a lot of the shops are closed, and everything worthy of your time has a public holiday surcharge... after a sleep-in, there's not much to do. Yesterday was quite boring, not much happening. On Easter Sunday, traditionally all the extended family get together which is why we never go away, and we spend Monday recovering from the Lebo BBQ Feast.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
As weird as it may sound, sometimes public holidays drive me bonkers. I mean, a lot of the shops are closed, and everything worthy of your time has a public holiday surcharge... after a sleep-in, there's not much to do. Yesterday was quite boring, not much happening. On Easter Sunday, traditionally all the extended family get together which is why we never go away, and we spend Monday recovering from the Lebo BBQ Feast.

Every good Friday is probably the most miserable day for me.

Im all for abolishing public holidays and penalty rates.

I've always argued if people weren't so greedy wanting more than they need then the economy will have to stabilise.

I worked out long ago that it's better to work weekdays and avoid working weekends.

How many idiots I've worked with over the years who think they are rich because they work weekends and not understanding the words tax bashed!

I did get through to one person many years ago.
Took him 15 minutes to work out the dumb 18 year old kid was right on the subject!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every good Friday is probably the most miserable day for me.

Im all for abolishing public holidays and penalty rates.

I've always argued if people weren't so greedy wanting more than they need then the economy will have to stabilise.

I worked out long ago that it's better to work weekdays and avoid working weekends.

How many idiots I've worked with over the years who think they are rich because they work weekends and not understanding the words tax bashed!

I did get through to one person many years ago.
Took him 15 minutes to work out the dumb 18 year old kid was right on the subject!
Ummmm...... The amount of tax you pay in Australia is based on your annual income, if you pay more tax one week it's because you have earnt more taxable income that week / fortnight / month.

I had some idiot try to tell my little brother not to work penalty shifts "because the tax man will rob him", that's one of the most uneducated philosophies I've ever heard, and that advise ended up costing my brother a regular penalty shift on a roster.

If anyone truly thinks they are paying to much tax week to week and can't wait for the reimbursement at the end of the financial year, go and see your accountant and get a tax variation.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We cannot allow this experimental 'life control' precedent to become accepted or deemed a success, we will not allow the Government to seize control of our homes when it see's fit.
Communism must not get a foot in the door.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
We cannot allow this experimental 'life control' precedent to become accepted or deemed a success, we will not allow the Government to seize control of our homes when it see's fit.
Communism must not get a foot in the door.
Communism has been in Australia for close to 100 years now. Im sure of it?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffs why did I fall in love with a foreigner for?
She just let me know today she has to get through at least one assessment a day for the next 2 months!

If she doesn't complete them I might have to find another side chick?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Amazon,

Fuck YOU.

Bastards have restricted buying legit MP3s using gift cards now. Hence the only way to buy digital music is with an Amazon Unlimited account, and you can't download MP3s. Hence listening to MP3s in the car is now tricky as fuck for me head unit only has Pandora (which is defunct in Aus), CD/DVD, or MP3 inputs.

There's gotta be a trick way around this.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Import tax and gst for buying shit o/s for over $1000 that shit stings

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dear Amazon,

Fuck YOU.

Bastards have restricted buying legit MP3s using gift cards now. Hence the only way to buy digital music is with an Amazon Unlimited account, and you can't download MP3s. Hence listening to MP3s in the car is now tricky as fuck for me head unit only has Pandora (which is defunct in Aus), CD/DVD, or MP3 inputs.

There's gotta be a trick way around this.
It's not exactly legal and starts with a t and ends with a t

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
How cool was Napster for the short time it was around?

Such a shame Lars Ulrich and co ruined that.
Fucking hate Metallica.
Dave Mustaine and Cliff Burton were Metallica!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How cool was Napster for the short time it was around?

Such a shame Lars Ulrich and co ruined that.
Fucking hate Metallica.
Dave Mustaine and Cliff Burton were Metallica!
Agreed. That some kind of monster documentary was hilarious and showed how truly pathetic James and Lars are, they wouldn't even allow the original cut and demanded totally control

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed. That some kind of monster documentary was hilarious and showed how truly pathetic James and Lars are, they wouldn't even allow the original cut and demanded totally control
If I could go back in time. I'd go back to before the bus crash and suggest for Lars to sleep where Cliff was sleeping!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible bro everyone uses YouTube for music today.
Not all bands have their full albums on Youtube (or all tracks from their album as separate tracks).

My car stereo can only play MP3s or CDs/DVDs (and I mostly listen to music at home or in the car). To legally get them now, that means buying and ripping the CD (like the old days), or trying to find a site that allows paid unrestricted / non DRM MP3 downloads.

Bigpond Music = dead
JB Hifi Music = dead
iTunes = I don't own an Apple device so is pointless.
Google Music = Overpriced

Just tried Google Music testing two albums:
Rufus Du Sol - Solace ($16.99 AUD) > $14.99 JB CD
Eluveite - Ategnatos ($18.99 AUD) > $20 JB (Limited Edition Digipack).

At that price Google Music can go get fucked.

It's not exactly legal and starts with a t and ends with a t
I see you know Uncle Torrance too... but that doesn't help with some albums that he doesn't know about (despite being a well respected music and movie aficionado).