The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After the GFC the Rudd government threw money around in attempt to stabilise the economy. Some of it worked, some of it didn't. The end result was Australia losing around $250 billion dollars with potential to lose much more before Gillard stabbed Rudd in the back.
Yep, but it has been argued by many economists that that spending during the GFC saved our economy. For me the failing was that Labor didn't back Rudd in his mining super tax as this would have made up a significant difference in recouping a lot of money, and let's be honest the mining companies were not going anywhere, they made empty threats. In any case, your statement is in reference to over spending before Gillard back stabbed Rudd and has little to do with electing abbott in over gillard

NBN was a good idea but it was done wrong all over the place. The biggest screw up was the Turnbull/Abbott change but the initial layout had issues too. Much of the NBN problems are caused by the fact that NBN currently pushes too many simultaneous connections through each individual node. The many connections through each individual node was part of Labor's plan. If we stuck with Labor's plan then we'd still have to spend a lot more than initial estimates after they realised the bottleneck.

I know a few engineers who worked on the initial and oddly enough it was an issue that was raised many, many times and something Labor decided was not a real issue.
Problems as is with any major infrastructure project performed by the government. The difference in my eyes though is that the libs very conveniently screwed the NBN for their political donor (both from a monetary and populist point of view donor), Rupert Murdoch and Foxtel. This is completely unforgiveable in my eyes, for the benefit of a private enterprise and sole individual the Australian public was screwed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No, just plain no.
Sorry Bill lol

Both sides are fucked but the union aka labor are fucking worse.

I can't see any **** from any side fixing anything.

Liberals and labor should change their names to Big Business v Unions, the only thing that separates the horse shit and the pig shit.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry Bill lol

Both sides are fucked but the union aka labor are fucking worse.

I can't see any **** from any side fixing anything.

Liberals and labor should change their names to Big Business v Unions, the only thing that separates the horse shit and the pig shit.
The problem is that NO ONE can fix this 100% and if anyone expects as much they have no idea about politics combined with economic policy.

The fact is that there are interests which influence economic policy by either party. Things such as ideology, big business, unions, votes, donations.

However the lesser of two evils is by far the labor party. If the libs were to follow their free market ideology your head would explode @TANK 2.0 . You think we're slaves to the system now? Give free market free reign and the majority of us will be actual slaves. The libs hide their true ideology of "born to rule" with bullshit trickle down/free market hocus pocus. If the ***** actually believed in free market they sure as hell don't show it with their massive subsidies to their mates

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
After the GFC the Rudd government threw money around in attempt to stabilise the economy. Some of it worked, some of it didn't. The end result was Australia losing around $250 billion dollars with potential to lose much more before Gillard stabbed Rudd in the back.

NBN was a good idea but it was done wrong all over the place. The biggest screw up was the Turnbull/Abbott change but the initial layout had issues too. Much of the NBN problems are caused by the fact that NBN currently pushes too many simultaneous connections through each individual node. The many connections through each individual node was part of Labor's plan. If we stuck with Labor's plan then we'd still have to spend a lot more than initial estimates after they realised the bottleneck.

I know a few engineers who worked on the initial and oddly enough it was an issue that was raised many, many times and something Labor decided was not a real issue.

Don't forget all the photos of him in speedos that we were exposed to.
This whole liberal party nonsense of fibre to the node and than use completely useless, old and shit copper lines for the rest is a complete waste and defeats the whole purpose of the network.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The problem is that NO ONE can fix this 100% and if anyone expects as much they have no idea about politics combined with economic policy.

The fact is that there are interests which influence economic policy by either party. Things such as ideology, big business, unions, votes, donations.

However the lesser of two evils is by far the labor party. If the libs were to follow their free market ideology your head would explode @TANK 2.0 . You think we're slaves to the system now? Give free market free reign and the majority of us will be actual slaves. The libs hide their true ideology of "born to rule" with bullshit trickle down/free market hocus pocus. If the ***** actually believed in free market they sure as hell don't show it with their massive subsidies to their mates
As you can tell I'm not interested or keep up with Aussie government, so you may be right.

I just hate government because every politician is just a greedy, rorted **** who only give a fuck about their bank accounts.

PS wait till the one world order kicks in, talk about being slaves....

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Don't forget all the photos of him in speedos that we were exposed to.
It’s funny. When I was neive lefty at the ripe age of 15, I used to proclaim Rudd was great purely based on officially saying sorry to aborigines and denounced anyone against him. It’s funny how you move away from leftism when you mature and actually look at things that matter (facts) rather than political sensationalist bullshit that does nothing for anyone besides give neive people a voice and feel smart coz they’re able to express their emotions and say they’re something and hunk themselves totally brave.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s funny. When I was neive lefty at the ripe age of 15, I used to proclaim Rudd was great purely based on officially saying sorry to aborigines and denounced anyone against him. It’s funny how you move away from leftism when you mature and actually look at things that matter (facts) rather than political sensationalist bullshit that does nothing for anyone besides give neive people a voice and feel smart coz they’re able to express their emotions and say they’re something and hunk themselves totally brave.
It's funny i did the complete opposite, i grew up in a very right wing household but once i was old enough to make up my own mind, well it was bye bye right wing lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's funny i did the complete opposite, i grew up in a very right wing household but once i was old enough to make up my own mind, well it was bye bye right wing lol
Fucker. Hahaha
You’re lucky you’re like a moderate lefty with brain cells still.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rude ***** who try and jump the bus que, generally silly asians who have no fucken spatial awareness

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Rude ***** who try and jump the bus que, generally silly asians who have no fucken spatial awareness
I hate when that happens... one of the few advantages of catching a train is that's no something that you need to worry about.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When someone is ready to leave this life to reunite with loved ones of times passed, yet just can't seem to let go from this life.

Instead they hang in there and can't tell you why they can't let go.

You're only option is to sit, be there for them and the rest of your family, and in some ways hope they pass sooner than later.

Yet on the flipside you want as much time as possible with them.

Been like it almost a week now.

At 89 though, there's nothing more that can be done :(

(it's why I've been quiet on here at the moment)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
When someone is ready to leave this life to reunite with loved ones of times passed, yet just can't seem to let go from this life.

You're only option is to sit, be there for them and the rest of your family, and in some ways hope they pass sooner than later.

We all experience that dude.

One thing is for sure, believer or not, your fate is written in the script, what will be done WILL be done. If he's still hanging in there, that's the way it's meant to be. Just stay strong for your pop mate, that's all you can do. When his time comes, it will come. As it will for all of us.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

you're 89!!!!!?!????

Edit: Wait I think I read that wrong bro

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You sure did.. my Grandfather is 89.
He is old school brother, they go down swinging. Every generation gets weaker, that's why we have triggered snowflakes now.

More than likely he is still fighting for you and your family.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hang in there Mr I.
Thanks mate :grinning:

If I can muster even 10% of the strength, toughness, and courage my grandfather is exuding during the battles he's already won, and the one he's trying to win, then I'll be fine in life.

Fought cancer for 2 years and kept it at bay, pulled through 2 severe pneumonias, a brain aneurysm in the Circle of Willis (brain stem), struggled and fought with Inclusion-Body Myositis, then get's told his heart valve is leaking and cannot be fixed.. gets taken off all his meds as it's terminal... and still he battles and fights every day, despite the inevitable.

All the above was over a period of like 3-4 years.

When he passes, I won't be upset, because he's an inspriation to me.. if he can stay strong through all of that, and still (even today) have the toughness and strength to smile, then there's nothing in this world I can't do.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks mate :grinning:

If I can muster even 10% of the strength, toughness, and courage my grandfather is exuding during the battles he's already won, and the one he's trying to win, then I'll be fine in life.

Fought cancer for 2 years and kept it at bay, pulled through 2 severe pneumonias, a brain aneurysm in the Circle of Willis (brain stem), struggled and fought with Inclusion-Body Myositis, then get's told his heart valve is leaking and cannot be fixed.. gets taken off all his meds as it's terminal... and still he battles and fights every day, despite the inevitable.

All the above was over a period of like 3-4 years.

When he passes, I won't be upset, because he's an inspriation to me.. if he can stay strong through all of that, and still (even today) have the toughness and strength to smile, then there's nothing in this world I can't do.
One tough hombre..wow..