The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Women in the office talking about the Royal Wedding. FFS I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT SHIT.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think so. It hit pretty hard. I still have to get it towed and collect some things out of it. but the front looks pretty well smashed in and it landed on the driver side, so it will just be cheaper to start fresh. I bought an old daihatsu terios to save fuel on the 70km round trip I was making. It pretty much halved the fuel cost compared to my Ford escape. I'll have to register the escape and get it running again now. The terios had always worried me on corners. It was pretty narrow and had a high centre of gravity. So when the roos came out i had to decide betweeen correcting my line and just breaking hard. I don't know if breaking hard was the best option, but I suspect that correcting my line at 100km/hr could have rolled it and wound up worse for me. My chest is bloody sore and has a bandoleer like bruise from the seatbelt and it took me half hour to get out of bed this morning, but the chest pain is the worst of it, so I got out of it pretty unscathed.
That really sucks man. Glad you were relatively unharmed.

The stupidity of kangaroos is quite astounding.

Considering where I grew up and the kilometres of bush driving we have done, my family has been quite lucky, as nearly everyone who lives out west hits one eventually. One jumped into the side of my father's car about 10 years ago, and did a fair bit of damage. I have been really lucky to have never hit one. Sometimes driving at dawn/dusk is unavoidable.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm so sick to death of hearing people say "it is what it is"
Especially older people I notice say this a lot.
Wtf does that even mean?
Usually it's said to excuse bullshit as well.

Whenever someone says that to me I don't feel like I've been given an answer or any clarity.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wtf does that even mean?

Whenever someone says that to me I don't feel like I've been given an answer or any clarity.
Can't help you there.

I guess it is what it is.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a pretty unfortunate thing that animals haven't realized roads are dangerous. But to an extent it's probablyto be expected that when we zoom around at high speeds in small metal boxes, that lots of things can go wrong in a moment. But this is the last time that I'll swerve for a Kangaroo.
In Holland they have altered their main roads with natural bypassing for their wildlife not to get mixed up with traffic!
I feel Australia could use some Dutch ingenuity in our country.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't help you there.

I guess it is what it is.
No it isn't and saying this doesn't get you off the hook for stupidity.

Say your a bad gambler, you don't go home to your wife and say "hey I just blew the last $300 for shopping up the tab, but don't worry it is what it is"

Because surely the answer will be something like "I married a weak minded bum and now I want a divorce it is what it is"

Seriously I'm going to use this as an answer always when conversing with others so people can wake up and realise how stupid of a saying it really is. It is what it is

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Women in the office talking about the Royal Wedding. FFS I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT SHIT.
Women are really stupid when it comes to the royal family.

It's the only time people think inbreeding is cute.
But to me inbreeding is sick no matter what class of people practise it!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Wtf does that even mean?

It means (situationally) there is nothing you can do about it.

Similar statement to "take it or leave it".

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

It means (situationally) there is nothing you can do about it.

Similar statement to "take it or leave it".
I think the chorus of changes is better than it is what it is.
That's just the way it is sounds much better than it is what it is.

It is what it is, is a phrase used mainly to excuse piss poor behaviour.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
When someone says it is was it is to me I translate it as
"I don't give a fuck"
"I'm not really listening"
"I know it's bad but just excuse it"

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That really sucks man. Glad you were relatively unharmed.

The stupidity of kangaroos is quite astounding.

Considering where I grew up and the kilometres of bush driving we have done, my family has been quite lucky, as nearly everyone who lives out west hits one eventually. One jumped into the side of my father's car about 10 years ago, and did a fair bit of damage. I have been really lucky to have never hit one. Sometimes driving at dawn/dusk is unavoidable.
I've been driving for 22 years and had near misses before, but I learned to watch for eye shine in the grass when I was 14 as a passenger and have managed to anticipate them jumping out before they do a few times. But this time I just came around a corner and they were both just sitting on the road like they were council roadworkers. I had bugger all time to react.

I was in a mates car a few years back carpooling on the way to work and he hit one. Since that time he's hit 2 more but only damaged his cars. So in a way he's lucky in one regard, but three roos in as many years is a bad record. I hope your family maintains their luck too CroydenDog.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wtf does that even mean?

What is it ?

Wahesh

Reaction score
In Holland they have altered their main roads with natural bypassing for their wildlife not to get mixed up with traffic!
I feel Australia could use some Dutch ingenuity in our country.
Natural Bypassing - is that one of those things where a big tunnel is dug underneath the roads so animals go through it to get to the other side of the road rather than cross the actual road?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Natural Bypassing - is that one of those things where a big tunnel is dug underneath the roads so animals go through it to get to the other side of the road rather than cross the actual road?
Here's an example.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They have some of them on M1 heading north around Far North Coast... I love them... so pretty :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
That's actually pretty nice, much better than I expected.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Some stupid, stupid lady in the office decided to buy pork skin crackers for the team. Not prawn crackers, CRISPY PORK SKIN CRACKERS.

This is by far the most selfish thing something has ever done to me, as it was the crunchiest thing I've ever tried. Can you imagine that sound that erected from chomps mouth that I had to endure @Mr Invisible @TANK 2.0 @south of heaven?

Last edited: