The Schoupp count

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Okunbor a better winger than Cotric? Lol no, not even close. That move weakens the side considerably. Trying to force Cotric in at centre because of his salary is stupid, he isn't a centre and is never going to provide value there.

If you want a different option at centre then you slot Averillo in at centre inside of Cotric and Naden at centre inside of JAC. You've then got a good balance of pace and power on both edges and players that can compliment each other.
Yes if Averillo can learn to tackle I've thought about this option also. I'd prefer trying Averillo at centre ahead of Schoupp next year but I also still haven't given up hope that Cotric can make a centre. He wasn't that great but he in our team next year with better players around him it will give a much better truer reflection.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we can’t get rid of Cotric (and I don’t think we can without paying considerable freight), this woukd also be acceptable. But realistically, if Cotric is going to stay in our team long term, he’s going to have to make it as a centre. It’s certainly not sustainable for him to play on the wing for 600k beyond his current contract. Id given him a go in the centres for at least a few games. He was signed as a centre (whether that was a smart decision or not). Give him a chance to show what he can do there with a decent backline. If it doesn’t work, easy enough to shift him back. I think Okunbor and JAC could be our king time wing pairing going forward. A speed machine on one wing shd a big body who can break tackles and serve as a great target for our kickers. Saucy. I don’t think we’ve even seen the top of the iceberg when it comes to okunbor’s potential..
Cotric adds more as a winger than centre, fact. He will never be a centre and doesn't have the attributes of a centre, everyone on here needs to move on from that idea. I don't care how much he is being paid, he's either on the wing or he's not here at all.

Okunbor is miles off, doesn't even know the basics of wing play lol. He's a big body that can get our sets rolling and that's it, miles off every where else.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes if Averillo can learn to tackle I've thought about this option also. I'd prefer trying Averillo at centre ahead of Schoupp next year but I also still haven't given up hope that Cotric can make a centre. He wasn't that great but he in our team next year with better players around him it will give a much better truer reflection.
His tackling has improved this year, no reason it can't continue to. I do think you're looking too much into our defenders on the edges, the damage is done in the middle and snowballs from there. Our defence will improve when our middles start performing and we implement a system with everyone on the same page and working effect as a unit.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cotric adds more as a winger than centre, fact. He will never be a centre and doesn't have the attributes of a centre, everyone on here needs to move on from that idea. I don't care how much he is being paid, he's either on the wing or he's not here at all.

Okunbor is miles off, doesn't even know the basics of wing play lol. He's a big body that can get our sets rolling and that's it, miles off every where else.
I think you’ll find people at the club (including Gus) have a very different opinion of okunbor. He has been great the past few weeks and will only get better with more fans time for an improving roster.

You may be right about Cotric, but a few fakes to see whst ge can do there with a decent backline wouldn’t hurt.... especially if we can teach him to pass over the off sesson. Ideally I’d rather he wasn’t at the club at all, given his price tag.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think you’ll find people at the club (including Gus) have a very different opinion of okunbor. He has been great the past few weeks and will only get better with more fans time for an improving roster.

You may be right about Cotric, but a few fakes to see whst ge can do there with a decent backline wouldn’t hurt.... especially if we can teach him to pass over the off sesson. Ideally I’d rather he wasn’t at the club at all, given his price tag.
He hasn't been great haha, he literally couldn't even keep up with fucking Hoppa on his outside :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He hasn't been great haha, he literally couldn't even keep up with fucking Hoppa on his outside :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Whatever you say, soccer coach. How is Stevie Georgalis’ coaching career working out? The one that got away, huh?

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No issue. I just want the kennel to admit its mistake in getting too excited over him. He can’t defend and until he learns, he will never be a good first grader:,
Jmoz was a poor defender at beginning of his career. He turned out to be arguably the best defensive centre in the comp for many years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Jmoz was a poor defender at beginning of his career. He turned out to be arguably the best defensive centre in the comp for many years.
What have you seen from schoupp’s attacking game to suggest he is even remotely comparable to JMoz?

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t recall posting one last week, so you may or may not get one next week. All depends on how busy I am and how Schoupp performs. People are overly critical of players on here all the time. You were just critical of Naden and even called him snow nose. Why do you condone non constructive criticism from other members, but not me? Could it have something yo do with your own personal biases? We all have them.
I tell you, your babbling jibberish is getting you to the point that no one will even bother reading your rants any more. It's a shame as I think you have constructive things to add to this forum. Instead, you're like a bull at a gate flogging the same old chestnuts including yourself. You are doing no favours to yourself by these self consumed summations of critical crap which not only are fucking your credibility but providing a monotone expose of twoddle of which I and I'm sure others have had the proverbial gut full.
I've read your posts in the past, they have been good. Try and get back to their flavour because your current crop of stuff has become very, very ordinary.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I tell you, your babbling jibberish is getting you to the point that no one will even bother reading your rants any more. It's a shame as I think you have constructive things to add to this forum. Instead, you're like a bull at a gate flogging the same old chestnuts including yourself. You are doing no favours to yourself by these self consumed summations of critical crap which not only are fucking your credibility but providing a monotone expose of twoddle of which I and I'm sure others have had the proverbial gut full.
I've read your posts in the past, they have been good. Try and get back to their flavour because your current crop of stuff has become very, very ordinary.
I can’t please everyone, Mr Walker. I’m not the Bee Gees.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Playing the hardest position defensively, in the shittest side.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Next year if he's missing that many tackles he'll be a liability, he will lose us games and I'd rather see Okunbor on the wing with Cotric in the centres. Okunbor at his size is a big advantage starting off sets deep from our own end. Schoupp isn't any better at centre than Cotric is. Cotric busts heaps more tackles.
Cotric may bust heaps more tackles, however all the meters he makes are sideways… not a huge benefit to that. Hopefully he comes good next year in a improved Dogs team

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We’re talking about defence. I never made any comparisons whatsoever.
The point is, why persist with someone who isn’t anything special in attack when they are so bad defensively?

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The point is, why persist with someone who isn’t anything special in attack when they are so bad defensively?
It’s a fair point although I think he can develop into a decent centre. I would like to see Jackson Topine givin an opportunity to develop as a centre. I think he’s a real footballer with an exceptional attitude. He has decent pace and can defend. I just think he lacks size for a backrower.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m all for giving him time to develop, as long as he develops in nsw cup where he belongs (at least for the time being). This year we didn’t have much choice but to play him. Next year he should be back in reggies.
You really are a bit of a clown - attention seeking, baseless stats. Well, he misses a few tackles. You probably woudn't know the potential of a footballer if he bit you on the leg. Your rants and foolishness are starting to fuck me off ! Go and talk to your Mum about knitting - it would better suit you.
Stop taking up important Kennel space