The Sammeth kasiano we all know and love came back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
here we go again, we lose a game and people act like they want a hanging.... 6 players out! be cool.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A few times he passed to nobody and lost the ball. 3 times i remember. Maybe with our full strength team structure someone would have been on the end of them.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole team lost yesterday.
If only Sam Perrett didn't throw that forward pass, if only Eastwood didn't run up in defence or was made to look slow when the opposition ran around him.
Win as a team, lose as a team.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well no one was there to support him
Exactly. They need to follow Kas around. His second favorite thing after running over people is passing. the pop up pass is always on with him. They should expect it.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The big fella had a bad game, live & learn!

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Overrated, over hyped, injury prone , over weight, poor match fitness, poor error rate....... He is one of our key problems.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few times he passed to nobody and lost the ball. 3 times i remember. Maybe with our full strength team structure someone would have been on the end of them.
Well according to nrl stats had 2 errors, one was an offload which should have been supported and the other was a forward pass that came out of the hands backwards and floated forward.. so I'm not sure of what you remember? Anyways creative players will have errors in their games unfortunately that's a by product of it , unless your a robot like Cronk.. I'd much rather him have a crack, then just do meaningless hit ups in the opposition 20 .. also he made over 100 metres 4tackle busts and 2 affective offloads.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the effort in his missed tackle?
Lloyd perrett your fav player missed a similar one on Roberts to be fair when he made that big bust up the middle on last tackle
At least Kas stung in defence made metres and scored a try

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes kasiano did do some stupid things but I blame Thompson more. Surely we have someone better then him how seriously

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fat boy cost us a lot yesterday by not doing what he has done well all year, running hard and only offloading when its on. He and few of the boys thought we could just flick it every single time.

Berries is not happy
fat boy shouldnt have been on the field that long, it's like doing a half hour burnout on $300 tyres then complaining the car isn't driving properly.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still needs to lose 10 kgs to be honest, hopefully he can with more games this year and less injuries.
10 kg is an absolute minimum, between 10-20 kg would be more like it.

We're now halfway through the season so why is he still so obviously overweight?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
10 kg is an absolute minimum, between 10-20 kg would be more like it.

We're now halfway through the season so why is he still so obviously overweight?
then we wouldn't have the heaviest Nrl team in history which is pretty cool.. nah Kas should eat and be merry he is hard to stop at his weight.. bring him on when the opposition are tired

Beldig

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was one of Tolmans biggest critics until I came to a realisation that helped define (for me) the important ROLE he plays in our team. Although what I am about to say might seem like a criticism of Tolman, in actual fact it is a massive compliment. Anyway, my realisation was this; The only reason Tolman (and players like Tolman) take so many hitups and make so many tackles, is because Kasiano (and players like Kasiano) CAN'T. Now I know that might seem obvious to some, but too often people in this forum use words like LAZY and WON'T.
See people need to realise that in an ideal world a player with Kasianos body shape would play 80min, take nearly every hitup and have enough speed to defend adequately from marker. But unfortunately that's not the case. If you've got a player like Sammy you don't trim him down and make him play like a Tolman, and you don't tell Aidan that he needs to put on 20kg in the offseason. Aidan's job ISN'T to make things happen it's to fill gaps, Kasianos job IS to make things happen so we must accept that he will make more mistakes than a Tolman because his role requires more risk than Tolmans.

On a side note, I for one loved the fact that we went down swinging (ie perrets pass, keeping the ball alive). Thompson shuts down those two plays and the ref doesn't piggy back em down field every set in that first half we win easy. (Again, not bagging Thompson)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was one of Tolmans biggest critics until I came to a realisation that helped define (for me) the important ROLE he plays in our team. Although what I am about to say might seem like a criticism of Tolman, in actual fact it is a massive compliment. Anyway, my realisation was this; The only reason Tolman (and players like Tolman) take so many hitups and make so many tackles, is because Kasiano (and players like Kasiano) CAN'T. Now I know that might seem obvious to some, but too often people in this forum use words like LAZY and WON'T.
See people need to realise that in an ideal world a player with Kasianos body shape would play 80min, take nearly every hitup and have enough speed to defend adequately from marker. But unfortunately that's not the case. If you've got a player like Sammy you don't trim him down and make him play like a Tolman, and you don't tell Aidan that he needs to put on 20kg in the offseason. Aidan's job ISN'T to make things happen it's to fill gaps, Kasianos job IS to make things happen so we must accept that he will make more mistakes than a Tolman because his role requires more risk than Tolmans.

On a side note, I for one loved the fact that we went down swinging (ie perrets pass, keeping the ball alive). Thompson shuts down those two plays and the ref doesn't piggy back em down field every set in that first half we win easy. (Again, not bagging Thompson)
I agree with you.. and if the refs hadn't piggy backed the titans to the tryline we would have pulled it off .. we were killing them with our mighty pack ..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sams too inconsistent.. He has all the talent & size but regular errors & penalties are costing us heaps

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
get this

so if a player who isn't used to playing longish minutes has to play them, they'll struggle to do so generally?

wow who woulda dun thunk it

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2 years on and he went to shit around the same time.

berries scoop

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I started reading the thread and thought I was having a stroke, seizure or just woke from a coma.
I was like did we play yesterday and I somehow missed the whole fucking game or something?

Phew...but yes, to your point Berries, same old Kas unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.