The Rev Head Thread

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Dent on front passenger door = blame passenger... it's NEVER the drivers fault ;)

I'll go one better... in the Astra parking 45 degrees in an underground carpark about 6 months after I'd owned it. Completely forgot about the cement pillar as I reversed back out, caught the front of car and tore the bumper bar off :|
Guilty of that to but lucky it was a easy fix

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wish i had a decent car to contribute to this thread but unfortunately my car is nothing more but a family car with no street cred at all.

Only car i had that was sorta cool was an old Suzuki Swift Gti. It was a little pocket rocket. Looked like a wog mobile with the bodykit, rims, cannon exhaust and the woofers in the back. My favorite car i've had so far, wish i still had it but had to sell it at the time cuz i got my missus (at the time) up the duff and we had to get a bigger car.

I am due for a new car soon so hopefully i can get something to add to this.

My Dad and oldest brother were big rev heads and had some pretty nice cars over the years. V8 tire wreckers i mostly remember being in the driveway.

Would be nice to have some of the old rides my Dad had when he was younger now. My brother gave up on having nice cars because he had 2 of them stolen at different times and i think he just lost the passion for it after the 2nd car was stolen. All the time, effort and money he spent working on his cars to have them nicked broke his spirit i guess.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Only car i had that was sorta cool was an old Suzuki Swift Gti
Swift GTi's are cracking good little cars. Easy as lego to work on..

I had one as my first car and ended up with extractors, lowered suspension/springs, imported fully rebuilt balanced/blueprinted motor, strengthened (cryo and ISF) polished gearbox, full 2" exhaust, pod filter, etc.

That thing used to fly (and was stupidly loud) ... like 95 db loud (over the limit but complied and passed epa testing with RTA).

Ran a (from memory) 16.1 1/4 mile @ 92mph with full trim, and a -0.06 red light or 0.04 reaction time.
Ripped a mean skid for a FWD too.

Some bastard wrote it off though :(

Stupidly fun car ... many good times blasting through natio or wisemans ferry, etc like a boy racer.

If I had the money and space for a project car I'd consider getting another one. Great cars for hill climbs and rally cross to have a bit of fun (likewise the twincam Excels).

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swift GTi's are cracking good little cars. Easy as lego to work on..

I had one as my first car and ended up with extractors, lowered suspension/springs, imported fully rebuilt balanced/blueprinted motor, strengthened (cryo and ISF) polished gearbox, full 2" exhaust, pod filter, etc.

That thing used to fly (and was stupidly loud) ... like 95 db loud (over the limit but complied and passed epa testing with RTA).

Ran a (from memory) 16.1 1/4 mile @ 92mph with full trim, and a -0.06 red light or 0.04 reaction time.
Ripped a mean skid for a FWD too.

Some bastard wrote it off though :(

Stupidly fun car ... many good times blasting through natio or wisemans ferry, etc like a boy racer.

If I had the money and space for a project car I'd consider getting another one. Great cars for hill climbs and rally cross to have a bit of fun (likewise the twincam Excels).
Yeah i loved my Swift. It was a fun car for sure, quick down low hence why i called it a pocket rocket. Mine was loud too, used to set off car alarms if i gave it a bit of a boot as i drove past.

My cousin has a pretty sick Suzuki Mighty Boy. It's off it's tit's. I can't tell ya the ins or outs (cuz i'm not too car techy, but i can appreciate them) but he added a turbo and intercooler and built the car from the ground up. This is a pic of it.
2018-04-14 11.48.48.png

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yeah i loved my Swift. It was a fun car for sure, quick down low hence why i called it a pocket rocket. Mine was loud too, used to set off car alarms if i gave it a bit of a boot as i drove past.

My cousin has a pretty sick Suzuki Mighty Boy. It's off it's tit's. I can't tell ya the ins or outs (cuz i'm not too car techy, but i can appreciate them) but he added a turbo and intercooler and built the car from the ground up. This is a pic of it.
View attachment 5592
That’s a sexy little thing .
What colour is that?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s a sexy little thing .
What colour is that?
It's a custom mix of golden yellow with lime green i think. Not sure exactly what it's called i'll have to ask my cousin next time i'm talking to him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mighty Boys had a big following in the day...

Suzuki make damn good fun little cars. Even the standard manual Swift is geared for fun.

Nothing industry changing or at the forefront of technology, just well built, reliable, well feature packed cars.

I'd look at them again if they had something in my target market.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

Suzuki make damn good fun little cars. Even the standard manual Swift is geared for fun.

Nothing industry changing or at the forefront of technology, just well built, reliable, well feature packed cars.

Suzuki vitara was a fun little 4wd in the days.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talking of Suzuki this guy put a Hayabusa engine in a Mini. Skip to 2:10 to see it in action.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can you fit a V8 in a Mighty Boy?
*nods* CORUPT quite a few years ago did.

Not sure where it's at these days, but SMURF and the Monster Mini show you can shoehorn a lot in a small engine bay.

SMURF:

Monster Mini:

and speaking of Suzuki's:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm really keen on a 70s/80s coupe for a project but the price of the desirable bodys are getting crazy lol

Need to find an old man who has a good one and make him a cash offer on the road haha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I love the SS if i could have an old muscle car that would definitely be one of them.
I'm actually going to copy the Chevelle grill on my SS.

I'll get the chev grill, and put the SS badge instead of the Chev bowtie

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Years ago in the Caribbean I has a Suzuki Jimny.

Slow AF, but with 4wd and a short wheel base it could go anywhere.