The Rev Head Thread

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm really keen on a 70s/80s coupe for a project but the price of the desirable bodys are getting crazy lol

Need to find an old man who has a good one and make him a cash offer on the road haha
71EB49A5-1C8F-4263-BEBF-71F050B93689.jpeg

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Yeah i loved my Swift. It was a fun car for sure, quick down low hence why i called it a pocket rocket. Mine was loud too, used to set off car alarms if i gave it a bit of a boot as i drove past.

My cousin has a pretty sick Suzuki Mighty Boy. It's off it's tit's. I can't tell ya the ins or outs (cuz i'm not too car techy, but i can appreciate them) but he added a turbo and intercooler and built the car from the ground up. This is a pic of it.
View attachment 5592
Your cousin is Brayden?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Years ago in the Caribbean I has a Suzuki Jimny.

Slow AF, but with 4wd and a short wheel base it could go anywhere.
They're amazing cars. They have no power whatsoever and can barely fit 2 people without luggage but they are ridiculously good as 4WDs.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They're amazing cars. They have no power whatsoever and can barely fit 2 people without luggage but they are ridiculously good as 4WDs.
I used to be able to fit a single row of grocery bags in the back. Luckily I was single at the time..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Modern day SUVs aren't much better because the suspension struts/towers come up into the boot. Add in a parcel tray and angles and the bootspace is worse than my hatch in usability.

and on that note, I'm blown away by the amount of stuff one can fit in a 5 door hatch.

Wifes car - 2 doors or 300 pavers.
My car - 6 burner BBQ (in boxes) or 8 drawer dresser.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to work with Stacey years ago, everyone knows everyone in Canberra ;)
Haha, small world. Very true as i also grew up in Canberra lived there for about 20 years or so.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Shannons car add where the bloke saved his nans Toyota crown is a load of shit, no one would ever love that car.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Check out some of the cars in that video.... listen when he talks about that Bugatti... the numbers are staggering :D!!!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a mclaren for a drive..

Very quick when on boost but also very laggy off boost. The turbos give you a very long lead time spooling before they unleash fury. Felt like driving a toyota 86 off boost and a fast road bike on boost.

It sounds more like a road bike than a twin turbo v8.

The best thing about it was the looks you get, people literally hanging out of cars driving alongside taking photos and every set of lights people strike up conversation.

Its just a lot of money to put on the road, much rather a merc amg, most of the performance, comfy and less than half the price.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Should see the supra videos they blow lambs , Ferrari’s, Bugatti’s and GTRs
Have you seen the Landcruiser that smashed all the HyperCars? Even demolished a Bugatti.

Of course it was in Dubai

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
As much as I love big petrol/methanol guzzling v8/turbo/blown beasts...on the street nothing pins you in your seat off the line like a Tesla.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As much as I love big petrol/methanol guzzling v8/turbo/blown beasts...on the street nothing pins you in your seat off the line like a Tesla.
Gay! Lol

I honestly love V8's more for their sound than their power.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Gay! Lol

I honestly love V8's more for their sound than their power.
Don't get me wrong, I couldn't own one purely because they don't have the sound lol. Nothing beats a high comp, high revving big block that turns the tyres just idling while making your eyes water from the fumes :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I couldn't own one purely because they don't have the sound lol. Nothing beats a high comp, high revving big block that turns the tyres just idling while making your eyes water from the fumes :grinning:
I'm like Homer, I want my car to sound like the world is ending lol