THE REAL REASON FOR BULLDOG'S NEW LOOK

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

REAL REASON FOR BULLDOG'S NEW LOOK
Liam Knight's 'Billy Idol' bleach blonde hairdo caused plenty of comment from fans and the media when he took the field against the Titans last weekend.

It was hardly a flattering look - but Knight was not trying to make a fashion statement at Belmore before a near full house as the Dogs recorded their first win of the season.

Bulldogs player Liam Knight. (Getty)
The truth is, he adopted the striking new hair colour as a player fine for a minor infraction of team rules.

From the reaction Knight got throughout the game, he won't be late for training anytime soon!

Better or worse than "wrestling the whole team"?

Always a Bulldog

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think thats how Kiks go his too. I saw something on Matty John's show talking about the origin of Api's hairstyle. It's part of the (yawn) Panther culture we adopted.

Ffs do we have to copy everything they do?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think thats how Kiks go his too. I saw something on Matty John's show talking about the origin of Api's hairstyle. It's part of the (yawn) Panther culture we adopted.

Ffs do we have to copy everything they do?
It's spinning wheel with all different punishments dogs have had it going back to 90's and Melbourne copied us.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it, bold statements hopefully it’s the leadership group and not coaches dishing it out.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's spinning wheel with all different punishments dogs have had it going back to 90's and Melbourne copied us.
Did we change it recently because of the Topine drama ?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The uproar something like this provokes, just reminds me how normo most people are. I mean, I was shocked when I first saw it but meh, big deal, I’ve had more adventurous hair styles, so it’s really nothing to me.

Many players across most teams have bleached hair too, which I thought they were going to say was the reason. Like for the world’s greatest shave or another cause.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This isn't a big deal at all, but it does seem like a bizarre punishment.. Making them do extra runs or fining them etc seems more professional..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't a big deal at all, but it does seem like a bizarre punishment.. Making them do extra runs or fining them etc seems more professional..
It happened to Cameron Smith when miss a session.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This isn't a big deal at all, but it does seem like a bizarre punishment.. Making them do extra runs or fining them etc seems more professional.
There are plenty of examples of bizarre punishments that coaching staff dish out. Melbourne had a punishment for being late to mid season training, if you were late all of the other players had to jump off the St Kilda pier into Port Philip Bay, the water is freezing. But you had to stand at the end of the pier and watch, not allowed to join in. Can you imagine the shit the other players give you, for hours, days, weeks afterwards? Not many players are late twice.

Some punishments are physical, some are mental and some are targeted at specific player likes and dislikes. Just a guess but maybe Knight slung off at Mann when he had died hair, so the players decided that was his targeted punishment.

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's not really a punishment, they all love the attention.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you reckon happens when he wakes up in the morning and sees himself in the Mirror... I'm not gonna be late again. If they are a bit like goldfish then I think it's good. I would think Danika would let him know not to be late again too.

He hasn't exactly started the season on fire so if it's down to attitude/commitment good on the club for trying to change it.