The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ed I saw you have moved upmarket and have an alfesco. As soon as I'm well enough, I'll finish my back deck off. I think I may have told you it has an outdoor kitchen, pizza oven, all the bells and whistles. I can see you me and SOH sitting out there talking shit one day if you can make it up.
Can't wait for that day brother

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just an update on myself. This old lap top is a bit hit and miss and can only get on every now and again. Medically, I'm in no danger. In saying that, I can't sit, walk or stand as my BP is so low. Tonight marks 20 nights in this place and there is no end in sight. They are trying all different things, but as soon as I attempt to stand up my BP drops to around 60/50 and around the room goes. When they can finally arrest this, I've been so long on my back I'm off to rehab. I've got no idea when I will ever see home now.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just an update on myself. This old lap top is a bit hit and miss and can only get on every now and again. Medically, I'm in no danger. In saying that, I can't sit, walk or stand as my BP is so low. Tonight marks 20 nights in this place and there is no end in sight. They are trying all different things, but as soon as I attempt to stand up my BP drops to around 60/50 and around the room goes. When they can finally arrest this, I've been so long on my back I'm off to rehab. I've got no idea when I will ever see home now.
Bloody hell dropbear , i know some great um videos that will help get that blood pressure to goodness levels.
20 nights is a bloody long time but your one tough old bastard so your going to get through this rehab and get down and do some sailing by the years end .
Keep fighting sir and stay strong

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope they find the problem soon....., all the best mate! Keep us updated and we will keep u entertained lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
get well soon drop bear, i am moving closer to you in at Runcorn.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
2 more nights then you will beat my record in ICU lol

Not a record that we either should hold...

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
2 more nights then you will beat my record in ICU lol

Not a record that we either should hold...
No, I only did 4 nights ICU. Hated the place. I'm stuck in a ward, feel ok laying down, it's only when I try to sit up or stand up. So it's all bed pans and sponge baths, one I don't mind:-). The Dark clouds started forming yesterday, so I've asked to see a Psychologist before that bloody pit appears under me. If I can just get my BP up now, I can go home.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I only did 4 nights ICU. Hated the place. I'm stuck in a ward, feel ok laying down, it's only when I try to sit up or stand up. So it's all bed pans and sponge baths, one I don't mind:grinning:. The Dark clouds started forming yesterday, so I've asked to see a Psychologist before that bloody pit appears under me. If I can just get my BP up now, I can go home.
Fuck those dark clouds brother, you come to far for that shit to set in its onwards and upwards soldier do you understand.
Have you got some music in there with you to sooth the soul ???

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck those dark clouds brother, you come to far for that shit to set in its onwards and upwards soldier do you understand.
Have you got some music in there with you to sooth the soul ???
I've got plenty on my lap top thanks SOH, have a huge movie library here which helps. Got some good news, looks like they have found a way to slowly pump up my BP.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got plenty on my lap top thanks SOH, have a huge movie library here which helps. Got some good news, looks like they have found a way to slowly pump up my BP.
Get the marco polo series theres lots of beewbs to assist with raising of the blood pressure

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, I only did 4 nights ICU. Hated the place. I'm stuck in a ward, feel ok laying down, it's only when I try to sit up or stand up. So it's all bed pans and sponge baths, one I don't mind:-). The Dark clouds started forming yesterday, so I've asked to see a Psychologist before that bloody pit appears under me. If I can just get my BP up now, I can go home.
Spongebaths are great but bedpans are great too. I've lived in houses that are arctic cold in the winter and I could have made good use of a bedpan. As long as its not bear grills emptying it for you I'd be grateful that there's no catheter instead. I have a cousin that's a nurse who told me va horror story about one being removed once.

I hope the black clouds clear up and your back on your feet very soon.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got to fly to melb tomorrow night for work nerves are absolutely fucking shot i hate flying more than mr t i have piss dribbling down my leg thinking about it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Got to fly to melb tomorrow night for work nerves are absolutely fucking shot i hate flying more than mr t i have piss dribbling down my leg thinking about it
Car > Plane any day of the week.

Theres something about a good country drive that settles the nerves and allows long moments of reflection.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Car > Plane any day of the week.

Theres something about a good country drive that settles the nerves and allows long moments of reflection.
Yep ive flown a fuck load of times and every time gets worse and fuck wit me was up to all hours of the morning watching air crash investigation real fucking smart lol