The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Happy birthday to Assassin junior enjoy every second of tomorrow with him .there's certain things kids remember for life .
So keep fighting the good fight **** because you aint fucking done yet . And dont let that depression shit tell you other wise.
Sir, yes Sir!

It is a mini victory for me as a bunch of cardiologists said I wouldn't make it to his 1st.

#WinningCunts

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Overall in a my fucked up mind frame but kinda happy I'll get to see my boys 4th birthday tomorrow. Would be great if I make it to his 21st.
Four years old, a fine young man. Wish him all the best for a great birthday from the girls and I. That would be monumental for you to be there on his 21st, have faith and just keep on ticking off the years.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have too many people not only relying on you (family), but rooting for you to get through this.

We all battle adversaries in life, but it's pulling through those tough times that make us a better person.

You probably don't realise it, but you are an inspiration for so many out there I'm sure, who would rather just throw the towel in in life.

Chin up mate... I know you are doing it rough at the moment, but better days are just around the corner... you just have to keep fighting till you get to them.

On another note, tests came back confirming my grandfather is in advanced stages of terminal multiple myeloma. They are going to try hammering him with chemo and radiation in hope of shrinking the tumours and at least trying to decrease the extreme amount of pain he is in. Sad thing is they can't give him any more morphine because it'll kill him as well.

For the first part beautiful sentiments so I will give you a like for that. I am one who is inspired by the fight Assassin is showing.

Terrible on the second count. Really don't know what to say mate except I hope that he can have at least some comfort and a better quality of life with treatment than what he has at the moment.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sir, yes Sir!

It is a mini victory for me as a bunch of cardiologists said I wouldn't make it to his 1st.

#WinningCunts
Just goes to show doctors don't know everything.
We need to stop putting so much faith in them.

I got violently sick last year and doctor treating me looked like the doctor from robocop!
The bitch even had the same attitude.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Overall in a my fucked up mind frame but kinda happy I'll get to see my boys 4th birthday tomorrow. Would be great if I make it to his 21st.
Well you have to wait for him to get married and have grandkids before you can clock out (at the earliest)..

So you're stuck here for a while yet :grinning:

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucking over it...

I'm not suicidal but would not give a single fuck if I check out tonight.

Yes you do. Like me, your a dad. I just got them to let me back out and just got back home. I had to beg them to sign me off so I could come home and spend a few days with the family. Sunday will be the last time I see all of them together for perhaps two years. If I've learned anything battling this bloody condition over the last 14 years, it's that you never give in. I'm going to be a harsh bastard here. Your two boys want their dad around and I'm bloody sure your wife does too. Your not in it on your own, your a family and family comes first. I've felt like giving up at times and take the easy way and no doubt, we are not the only ones and that's as far as it goes. Who was it that started this thread?? Don't tell me you don't give a fuck because I know you do. Now I'm gunna get some sleep. Haven't seen any for a while.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi guys..phew some tough times in here of late.. I'm just so amazed at the fight in here..but you know what is more amazing? The amount of support and encouragement in here..it is quite simply beautiful..and I don't use that word lightly..I chose it purposely..

According to the Oxford dictionary the definition of beautiful is..'the best aspect or advantage of something'..and that's what this thread displays..the 'best of' what it means to be a human being.. the caring..the love..the assurance to people who are struggling that they are not alone in their struggles..a group of people who have, in the beginning, come together as footy fans..but in the end they stay as friends..

Life to me has so many ups and downs..sometimes people ask why me..I always answer to them why not..I'm not anymore more special then somebody else.. Things happen but it's how you deal with them that is so important..and while you are still here..why you have breath in your lungs..you are still in the game..you can't let it get you down..it's simply not an option..if you do it will make a bad situation much worse.. Now that doesn't mean you have to be going around with a permanent smile on your face..or a skip in your step..but it does mean you can't let it take hold of you.. What else can you do?

Hang in there guys..it's worth it..and needed by those around you.. :-)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes you do. Like me, your a dad. I just got them to let me back out and just got back home. I had to beg them to sign me off so I could come home and spend a few days with the family. Sunday will be the last time I see all of them together for perhaps two years. If I've learned anything battling this bloody condition over the last 14 years, it's that you never give in. I'm going to be a harsh bastard here. Your two boys want their dad around and I'm bloody sure your wife does too. Your not in it on your own, your a family and family comes first. I've felt like giving up at times and take the easy way and no doubt, we are not the only ones and that's as far as it goes. Who was it that started this thread?? Don't tell me you don't give a fuck because I know you do. Now I'm gunna get some sleep. Haven't seen any for a while.
I love ya brother, I love all of you lol

You kick my arse when I need it the most.

Thank you.

PS don't let my girl hear you call her a boy or she will kick your arse lol

I have a boy and a girl.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love ya brother, I love all of you lol

You kick my arse when I need it the most.

Thank you.

PS don't let my girl hear you call her a boy or she will kick your arse lol

I have a boy and a girl.
Shit sorry Bro. Yesterday was a bastard and I thought if I'm not giving up neither are you. I don't know what's worse at times, the complaint or the so called cure they throw at you. I still think the most dangerous tool a doctor has is that bloody prescription pad. For the first time, there is a pill they want me to take which I now refuse to. Side effects are nothing short of torture. Tell your daughter I would consider an arse kicking from her an honour:grinning:.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..phew some tough times in here of late.. I'm just so amazed at the fight in here..but you know what is more amazing? The amount of support and encouragement in here..it is quite simply beautiful..and I don't use that word lightly..I chose it purposely..

According to the Oxford dictionary the definition of beautiful is..'the best aspect or advantage of something'..and that's what this thread displays..the 'best of' what it means to be a human being.. the caring..the love..the assurance to people who are struggling that they are not alone in their struggles..a group of people who have, in the beginning, come together as footy fans..but in the end they stay as friends..

Life to me has so many ups and downs..sometimes people ask why me..I always answer to them why not..I'm not anymore more special then somebody else.. Things happen but it's how you deal with them that is so important..and while you are still here..why you have breath in your lungs..you are still in the game..you can't let it get you down..it's simply not an option..if you do it will make a bad situation much worse.. Now that doesn't mean you have to be going around with a permanent smile on your face..or a skip in your step..but it does mean you can't let it take hold of you.. What else can you do?

Hang in there guys..it's worth it..and needed by those around you.. :grinning:
And of all of us who gather, you always come up with the least complaints and the wisest words. I am very much looking forward to meeting you in the hopefully not too distant future.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
On another note, today and tomorrow is one of those rare occasions that my children will be in the same city at the same time. May not happen for another two years. The reno's are close enough to finished and it will be the party of the year. I may not be able to eat or drink, but I can watch them have fun:-)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Shit sorry Bro. Yesterday was a bastard and I thought if I'm not giving up neither are you. I don't know what's worse at times, the complaint or the so called cure they throw at you. I still think the most dangerous tool a doctor has is that bloody prescription pad. For the first time, there is a pill they want me to take which I now refuse to. Side effects are nothing short of torture. Tell your daughter I would consider an arse kicking from her an honour:grinning:.
You're not wrong with the meds bro. I take 14 different meds and 6 of them double up the side effects and 3 triple up.

How you going today?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're not wrong with the meds bro. I take 14 different meds and 6 of them double up the side effects and 3 triple up.

How you going today?
Crook as but moving forward. One of mine flew into Sydney this morning and is flying up today. My only concern is the weather closing in. Very excited.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crook as but moving forward. One of mine flew into Sydney this morning and is flying up today. My only concern is the weather closing in. Very excited.
Ouch going to be a fun flight out of Sydney
Screenshot_20160604-091848.png

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With some ene hitting over 50km an hour will make shit bumpy on the flight

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On another note, today and tomorrow is one of those rare occasions that my children will be in the same city at the same time. May not happen for another two years. The reno's are close enough to finished and it will be the party of the year. I may not be able to eat or drink, but I can watch them have fun:grinning:
Have a lovely weekend with the kids and although you can't eat or drink at least you have the part of a social gathering with entertainment in place.

According to the Oxford dictionary a party is: a social gathering of invited guests, typically involving eating, drinking, and entertainment

You will just have to wait those two years to fulfil the eating and drinking part, lol.

Saw the post from SOH and regrettably the weather here on the mid north coast is now very rainy and windy too ( as at 9-30am). Hopefully the plane will be out of Sydney and well on its way to you by now.

Know you will have a fantastic day regardless.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What times the flight drop bear ? Shits getting real wild down here
Screenshot_20160604-095511.png