The "R U OK ?" Thread

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As if the constant crappiness of things is bad enough you can't even have a nice treat now and again. The restriction on your diet must be horrific at the moment so what will happen once you do get the new kidney? I assume you can't just go out and have something that you have effectively been banned from eating for the last who knows how long. Will you still be restricted for a while and then be allowed to gradually reintroduce things into your diet? How will your body cope with it?
I doesn't matter as my taste buds are shot. The dialysis takes so much fluid out of you it's like constant dehydration. It's like being on a cold cardboard diet. Once the transplant goes ahead, the system statrs returning to normal.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you ever read the stories where they say people's personalities change when they have a transplant?

http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-org...onality-cell-memory-theory-affirms-yes-247498

Heart Transplants and Cell Memory

The cell memory phenomenon, while still not considered 100 percent scientifically-validated, is still supported by several scientists and physicians. The behaviors and emotions acquired by the recipient from the original donor are due to the combinatorial memories stored in the neurons of the organ donated. Heart transplants are said to be the most susceptible to cell memory where organ transplant recipients experienced a change of heart. In a study published in the journal of Quality of Life Research, researchers interviewed 47 patients who received a heart transplant over a period of two years in Vienna, Austria. Researchers found that 79 percent of patients did not feel that their personality changed post-surgery, 15 percent experienced a change in personality due to the life-threatening event, and six percent did confirm a drastic change in their personality due to their new heart. While the percentage of personality changes as a result of an organ transplant hints to be insignificant, further research has been done to validate the existence of this concept.

At the School of Nursing at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu, researchers sought to evaluate whether changes experienced by organ transplant recipients were parallel to the history of the donor. Researchers focused on 10 patients who received a heart transplant and found two to five parallels per patient post-surgery in relation to their donor's history. The parallels that were observed in the study were changes in food, music, art, sexual, recreational, and career preferences in addition to name associations and sensory experiences. In the study, a patient received a heart transplant from a man who was killed by gunshot to the face, and the organ recipient then reported to have dreams of seeing hot flashes of light directly on his face.

Aside from scientific studies, there have been several real-life cases that support the cell memory theory. Claire Sylvia, a heart transplant recipient who received the organ from an 18-year-old male that died in a motorcycle accident, reported having a craving for beer and chicken nuggets after the surgery. The heart transplant recipient also began to have reoccurring dreams about a man named 'Tim L.' Upon searching the obituaries, Sylvia found out her donor's name was Tim and that he loved all of the food that she craved, according to her book A Change of Heart.
So what happens to Assassin if he gets a gay heart???

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doesn't matter as my taste buds are shot. The dialysis takes so much fluid out of you it's like constant dehydration. It's like being on a cold cardboard diet. Once the transplant goes ahead, the system statrs returning to normal.

I can understand that but what about the actual effect of the food on your system? I remember when I did not eat pizza for months but then when I did the first time it made me sick.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can understand that but what about the actual effect of the food on your system? I remember when I did not eat pizza for months but then when I did the first time it made me sick.
Looking forward to finding out:-)

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As if the constant crappiness of things is bad enough you can't even have a nice treat now and again. The restriction on your diet must be horrific at the moment so what will happen once you do get the new kidney? I assume you can't just go out and have something that you have effectively been banned from eating for the last who knows how long. Will you still be restricted for a while and then be allowed to gradually reintroduce things into your diet? How will your body cope with it?
there is a diet after the diet. Everything has to be pretty much double cooked from what I've been told. Just going to take it one day at a time. I don't know when the call comes. Could be tomorrow or next year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have you ever read the stories where they say people's personalities change when they have a transplant?

http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-org...onality-cell-memory-theory-affirms-yes-247498

Heart Transplants and Cell Memory

The cell memory phenomenon, while still not considered 100 percent scientifically-validated, is still supported by several scientists and physicians. The behaviors and emotions acquired by the recipient from the original donor are due to the combinatorial memories stored in the neurons of the organ donated. Heart transplants are said to be the most susceptible to cell memory where organ transplant recipients experienced a change of heart. In a study published in the journal of Quality of Life Research, researchers interviewed 47 patients who received a heart transplant over a period of two years in Vienna, Austria. Researchers found that 79 percent of patients did not feel that their personality changed post-surgery, 15 percent experienced a change in personality due to the life-threatening event, and six percent did confirm a drastic change in their personality due to their new heart. While the percentage of personality changes as a result of an organ transplant hints to be insignificant, further research has been done to validate the existence of this concept.

At the School of Nursing at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu, researchers sought to evaluate whether changes experienced by organ transplant recipients were parallel to the history of the donor. Researchers focused on 10 patients who received a heart transplant and found two to five parallels per patient post-surgery in relation to their donor's history. The parallels that were observed in the study were changes in food, music, art, sexual, recreational, and career preferences in addition to name associations and sensory experiences. In the study, a patient received a heart transplant from a man who was killed by gunshot to the face, and the organ recipient then reported to have dreams of seeing hot flashes of light directly on his face.

Aside from scientific studies, there have been several real-life cases that support the cell memory theory. Claire Sylvia, a heart transplant recipient who received the organ from an 18-year-old male that died in a motorcycle accident, reported having a craving for beer and chicken nuggets after the surgery. The heart transplant recipient also began to have reoccurring dreams about a man named 'Tim L.' Upon searching the obituaries, Sylvia found out her donor's name was Tim and that he loved all of the food that she craved, according to her book A Change of Heart.
The transplant nurse/counsellor told me it's all bullshit. The heart is just a muscle, with no capacity of thought/emotion.

But it is interesting.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The transplant nurse/counsellor told me it's all bullshit. The heart is just a muscle, with no capacity of thought/emotion.

But it is interesting.
Thank fuck for that then imagine if you got a welsh heart and started craving welsh food...ewwwww i dont even know what welsh eat but i bet you its fucking shit

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thank fuck for that then imagine if you got a welsh heart and started craving welsh food...ewwwww i dont even know what welsh eat but i bet you its fucking shit
Fkn lol whats the story with the Welsh?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And if you start to crave fried chicken and watermelon and get sudden urges to hold your gun like a emu with muscular dystrophy well you got a .....

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any reason why? Or just because they are *****? Lol
Absolutely you never hear people say "im so excited im going to wales for a holiday " or "wow i ate at this fantastic welsh restaurant ".
Did you know In Chester, a person is permitted to shoot a Welshman with a bow and arrow, as long as he is inside the city walls after midnight.
See no one likes the welsh

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
there is a diet after the diet. Everything has to be pretty much double cooked from what I've been told. Just going to take it one day at a time. I don't know when the call comes. Could be tomorrow or next year.

One day at a time is good. Mum always used to say that good things come to those who wait:smiley:.

You seem to be in a pretty good headspace at the moment and after the events of the last few weeks in particular I am glad for you. Your humour has returned and we are getting cheek from you again...excellent.