The "R U OK ?" Thread

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol kebab goodness fixes everything. How long after the call will recovery be ?
Five nights in hospital. Then everyday at clinic for six weeks. If everything is ok then, it just following instructions and I should be good for another ten wooden spoons:-)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's all good. Just letting off some steam and frustration. I have no doubt Assassin feels the same. Can't do all the little things you take for granted. I'd even settle for a Kebab!!
Youre close to doing all that bro, but I still know how you feel.

Even if I do get a transplant, I can't eat all that due to 90% of my stomach gone.

I actually regret the stomach op so much, biggest mistake in my life.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Five nights in hospital. Then everyday at clinic for six weeks. If everything is ok then, it just following instructions and I should be good for another ten wooden spoons:grinning:
That's actually not too bad brother. Mine is roughly a month in hospital then 5 days a week for 6 months.

I'm already dreading it.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Even if I do get a transplant, I can't eat all that due to 90% of my stomach gone.

Removed!! FMD I thought you had it stapled!!.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's actually not too bad brother. Mine is roughly a month in hospital then 5 days a week for 6 months.

I'm already dreading it.
That is going to be tough. I'm seeing them in 2 hours this morning and may get some more information. But your right, mine will be fairly easy compared to you. I'm also very happy with the doctors I'm dealing with.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

All ways look on the bright side at at least when someone says a chic has great tits you can only be 10% sick to your stomach

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Removed!! FMD I thought you had it stapled!!.
No, the docs said it has to be removed as it is safer than staples or lap band. Less chance of infection, would be fatal for me.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That is going to be tough. I'm seeing them in 2 hours this morning and may get some more information. But your right, mine will be fairly easy compared to you. I'm also very happy with the doctors I'm dealing with.
Good docs make a world of difference bro. You will smash it and be just another normal ****.

I can't wait to be just another normal ****...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good docs make a world of difference bro. You will smash it and be just another normal ****.

Whoaaaaaa not to normal i hope. If they give your a swear transfusion and all of a sudden you dont cuss anymore. I'll be fucked .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Whoaaaaaa not to normal i hope. If they give your a swear transfusion and all of a sudden you dont cuss anymore. I'll be fucked .
Fuck that shit! I'll get a refund if the new heart doesn't let me swear lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck that shit! I'll get a refund if the new heart doesn't let me swear lol
Tell the doctor to open the swear valve right up in the ticker .your first words when you wake up should be **** fucking COCKSUCK-AH. Then you will know the operation is great success

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Looking forward to it for both of us:-)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sick of being sick. Just once, I'd like to get 6-8 hours sleep. I'd like to sit down to a meal where I don't have to work out if I can fit it into my diet. I'm so tired of being thirsty 24 hours a day. Is a works hamburger washed down with a coupla schooners so much to ask?? A supreme pizza with extra cheese and a large Iced Coffee?? AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! What I wouldn't give for just a feed of fish and chips!! I wish that bloody phone would ring!!

As if the constant crappiness of things is bad enough you can't even have a nice treat now and again. The restriction on your diet must be horrific at the moment so what will happen once you do get the new kidney? I assume you can't just go out and have something that you have effectively been banned from eating for the last who knows how long. Will you still be restricted for a while and then be allowed to gradually reintroduce things into your diet? How will your body cope with it?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's all good. Just letting off some steam and frustration. I have no doubt Assassin feels the same. Can't do all the little things you take for granted. I'd even settle for a Kebab!!
With hommos and tabouleh?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have you ever read the stories where they say people's personalities change when they have a transplant?

http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-org...onality-cell-memory-theory-affirms-yes-247498

Heart Transplants and Cell Memory

The cell memory phenomenon, while still not considered 100 percent scientifically-validated, is still supported by several scientists and physicians. The behaviors and emotions acquired by the recipient from the original donor are due to the combinatorial memories stored in the neurons of the organ donated. Heart transplants are said to be the most susceptible to cell memory where organ transplant recipients experienced a change of heart. In a study published in the journal of Quality of Life Research, researchers interviewed 47 patients who received a heart transplant over a period of two years in Vienna, Austria. Researchers found that 79 percent of patients did not feel that their personality changed post-surgery, 15 percent experienced a change in personality due to the life-threatening event, and six percent did confirm a drastic change in their personality due to their new heart. While the percentage of personality changes as a result of an organ transplant hints to be insignificant, further research has been done to validate the existence of this concept.

At the School of Nursing at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu, researchers sought to evaluate whether changes experienced by organ transplant recipients were parallel to the history of the donor. Researchers focused on 10 patients who received a heart transplant and found two to five parallels per patient post-surgery in relation to their donor's history. The parallels that were observed in the study were changes in food, music, art, sexual, recreational, and career preferences in addition to name associations and sensory experiences. In the study, a patient received a heart transplant from a man who was killed by gunshot to the face, and the organ recipient then reported to have dreams of seeing hot flashes of light directly on his face.

Aside from scientific studies, there have been several real-life cases that support the cell memory theory. Claire Sylvia, a heart transplant recipient who received the organ from an 18-year-old male that died in a motorcycle accident, reported having a craving for beer and chicken nuggets after the surgery. The heart transplant recipient also began to have reoccurring dreams about a man named 'Tim L.' Upon searching the obituaries, Sylvia found out her donor's name was Tim and that he loved all of the food that she craved, according to her book A Change of Heart.