The "R U OK ?" Thread

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not well bro, physically but more mentally. I'm fighting the demons putting shit in my head.
After knowing about this for 14 years, I passed my last hurdle today. My ducks are now lined up and I'm good to go at a moments notice. This is a road bump, you're going to beat this and at some point in the not too distant future, I'm coming down so we can both celebrate a win.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
After knowing about this for 14 years, I passed my last hurdle today. My ducks are now lined up and I'm good to go at a moments notice. This is a road bump, you're going to beat this and at some point in the not too distant future, I'm coming down so we can both celebrate a win.
I'm thinking this is a GREAT excuse for another Kennel BBQ (JUST SAYING)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i here ya .im working on my anxiety now to fix it not just whack a band aid on it lol ive had massive improvements .
Not sure what I've really got but it feels like anxiety.. I just feel cagey sometimes , if someone quietly walks into the room apparently I act scared because they're like 'oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you' but to me it's just a normal reaction. I do know I'm stressed though because I've got a million things going on that I can't seem to resolve quick enough , it's mainly financial but then theres other stuff too.

Glad to hear you're getting on top of things as well .. Got to say its harder for a guy to deal with because there's a big expectation for guys to be the strong one , to provide , to protect ..women just really need to cook I guess .
One step at a time

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It will make you stronger. Go Girl:grinning:
Thanks Drop , I appreciate your support and you make me realise that you need to take the bull by the horns.
It must be a scary feeling having the operation , I truely wish you well .

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is a GREAT excuse for another Kennel BBQ (JUST SAYING)

Too right!

I reckon we make a footy day out of it and all of us get together to celebrate friendship and problems fought and won. Not my suggestion originally, but how about a box at ANZ? I am willing to approach the club if you like to see if they will come to the party and if we can get it up and running whoot, whoot; bigger than Ben Hur without the chariot races.

If that can't be done, I reckon the Kennel BBQ suggestion is a good one too. Wherever we meet though I am sure a good time will be had by all.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Drop , I appreciate your support and you make me realise that you need to take the bull by the horns.
It must be a scary feeling having the operation , I truely wish you well .
Thanks Wolfie, that means a lot. Can't take the smile off my face at present. All I need now is those x ray glasses we talked about :-) LOL

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

MORE POWER TO YOU DROP BEAR!!!!!!!!

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too right!

I reckon we make a footy day out of it and all of us get together to celebrate friendship and problems fought and won. Not my suggestion originally, but how about a box at ANZ? I am willing to approach the club if you like to see if they will come to the party and if we can get it up and running whoot, whoot; bigger than Ben Hur without the chariot races.

If that can't be done, I reckon the Kennel BBQ suggestion is a good one too. Wherever we meet though I am sure a good time will be had by all.
When they do this, I'm in everyday at the PAH for six weeks. After the all clear is given, I can plan a trip. Would love to meet as many of you as I can.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure what I've really got but it feels like anxiety.. I just feel cagey sometimes , if someone quietly walks into the room apparently I act scared because they're like 'oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you' but to me it's just a normal reaction. I do know I'm stressed though because I've got a million things going on that I can't seem to resolve quick enough , it's mainly financial but then theres other stuff too.

Glad to hear you're getting on top of things as well .. Got to say its harder for a guy to deal with because there's a big expectation for guys to be the strong one , to provide , to protect ..women just really need to cook I guess .
One step at a time
Possibly social anxiety kicking in from stress if people can see it in your face . Fight it now wolfie because it can get a lot worse lol .ive been in situations were i have just been somewhere and bolted for no reason .also been on the emergency room floor pissing my pants not knowing what the fuck was going on lol. I can laugh now but there was a time it had me 100% fucked

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this proverb only works if you can duck dive first.
I won't even pretend to understand what it must be like to deal with clinical depression or bipolar but I just thought it might help some.
My anxiety stems from stress , my previous tactic was to ignore things which didn't actually serve a long term solution, in fact it made things worse.
Now that I've decided to confront my issues it's helping my anxiety.
Terrible thing anxiety..feels like your walking on air..your feet look to make contact with the ground but it just doesn't feel quite firm enough to hold you up.. Great you are taking charge Wolfy..it's not easy to do.. My power to you man..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terrible thing anxiety..feels like your walking on air..your feet look to make contact with the ground but it just doesn't feel quite firm enough to hold you up.. Great you are taking charge Wolfy..it's not easy to do.. My power to you man..
Thanks for that , my man lol. That is a very good description of how it feels