The "R U OK ?" Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As well as the usual problems I've had over the last few weeks, I have been battling fluid in my system. My weight jumped from 84 kgs to 93kgs during last week and they have given me a few new toys to help get over this. The main one is intake. If you sit down to a meal that has a cup of rice in it, you are also taking in one cup of fluid, which is retained in the rice. My target used to be no more than 2.5ltrs a day, that includes food, drink, coffee etc. Coming out of hospital, they said reduce that to 1 litre a day. I've gone one further and since getting home, have managed to get by on 500mls a day. I love a coffee and when I make one now, it's in a 100ml tea cup. I drink half and throw the rest. Last night, I took 1.7litres of fluid off using my dialysis equipment. I am now at the top end of the safe level for the transplant. I should be able to drag another 2.5 kgs off over the coming days. Tomorrow, I have an endoscopy. If all is clear, I may well get the call tomorrow afternoon to pack a bag and wait. The PAH are currently undertaking seven kidney transplants per week. So, this is as close as it gets. My emotions are fully charged, my family in party mode and I'm shitting myself. It's make or break time over the next 24 hrs. But I'm going to win this fight and find some way to drag Assassins sorry arse ( said as brother to brother) over the line with me, even if it's just through sheer will power alone. I know Assassin is doing it tough today and my thoughts are with you and your family as well old mate. Let's do this.
I can't cross my fingers..but I can cross my eyes..so this has got to be done..because it's hard to bloody see!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As well as the usual problems I've had over the last few weeks, I have been battling fluid in my system. My weight jumped from 84 kgs to 93kgs during last week and they have given me a few new toys to help get over this. The main one is intake. If you sit down to a meal that has a cup of rice in it, you are also taking in one cup of fluid, which is retained in the rice. My target used to be no more than 2.5ltrs a day, that includes food, drink, coffee etc. Coming out of hospital, they said reduce that to 1 litre a day. I've gone one further and since getting home, have managed to get by on 500mls a day. I love a coffee and when I make one now, it's in a 100ml tea cup. I drink half and throw the rest. Last night, I took 1.7litres of fluid off using my dialysis equipment. I am now at the top end of the safe level for the transplant. I should be able to drag another 2.5 kgs off over the coming days. Tomorrow, I have an endoscopy. If all is clear, I may well get the call tomorrow afternoon to pack a bag and wait. The PAH are currently undertaking seven kidney transplants per week. So, this is as close as it gets. My emotions are fully charged, my family in party mode and I'm shitting myself. It's make or break time over the next 24 hrs. But I'm going to win this fight and find some way to drag Assassins sorry arse ( said as brother to brother) over the line with me, even if it's just through sheer will power alone. I know Assassin is doing it tough today and my thoughts are with you and your family as well old mate. Let's do this.

Told you before and I will tell you again...you will win this. Don't think you will be all on your lonesome either because I for one will be with you there in spirit. Don't be anxious, be strong and think of the future. Good times ahead for you and your family and don't forget our date at the footy when you are able to. What a day for rejoicing that will be and I am really looking forward to meeting both you and your wife in person.

You have my number make sure you use it; dogluva the kennel mama has spoken.

Seriously DB I wish you well and I will be thinking of you. God bless.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wish you best of luck!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm being a lazy porch monkey right now,It feels like in anchored down right now!
I'm meant to go out and face the world again today.
But what for? So I can have another dishonest bitch follow me like a lost puppy?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow wee I'm so bloody sad to hear what you guys are going through.
Breaks my heart , I wish you all well .
something thats been running through my head lately trying to deal with the consequences of my stupid decisions in the past and my anxiety is a proverb I found on Facebook (I'm so intellectual aye).

You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Incorrect wolfie i could never duck dive so my surfing was fucked lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Incorrect wolfie i could never duck dive so my surfing was fucked lol
I think this proverb only works if you can duck dive first.
I won't even pretend to understand what it must be like to deal with clinical depression or bipolar but I just thought it might help some.
My anxiety stems from stress , my previous tactic was to ignore things which didn't actually serve a long term solution, in fact it made things worse.
Now that I've decided to confront my issues it's helping my anxiety.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I won't even pretend to understand what it must be like to deal with clinical depression or bipolar but I just thought it might help some.
My anxiety stems from stress , my previous tactic was to ignore things which didn't actually serve a long term solution, in fact it made things worse.
Yeah i here ya .im working on my anxiety now to fix it not just whack a band aid on it lol ive had massive improvements .

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will make you stronger. Go Girl:-)