The "R U OK ?" Thread

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome back DB. The whole joint was starting to fall down around us in your absence but hopefully now we shall all try and get back on an even keel. I love your messages of support to others here and it simply reinforces my opinion of you as a truly beautiful human being who although not in the best of health, still takes the time to think of others above himself.

If nothing else my texting skills improved twenty fold over the last few weeks and our conversations were shall we say, quite enlightening. Don't know about the two bags of drugs that you went home with but it certainly seemed that you got a fair amount of them into you while you were in hospital, if you know what I mean... lol. You were on cloud nine there for a while and I still have not been able to decipher one of the messages you sent me, lol. Obviously the Drs have been able to rectify, to a degree, the problems that sent you in to hospital in the first place. A few days home and then back in....

Hopefully those despairing thoughts, if not well and truly gone from your head, are now only background noise; It was pretty obvious you were at a low and struggling with things and in the light of a comment in a post by you earlier a light bulb has gone in my head. Never think of yourself as selfish, never feel like you need to apologise, none of us can ever really know the pain and despair you were feeling over the last two weeks. Don't forget the deal; if at anytime you need to text or talk, PM ,whatever, you know that you can contact me.

Seriously though, positive times are ahead for you DB, just keep believing and keep on fighting the good fight. Good to hear that although you are not 100% that the green light is still on for that kidney transplant. The stay you had in hospital was by no means a restful one, that much is obvious, so sit back; put those footy sized feet up and recover your strength as best you can. Absolutely you can do this because God still has plans for you my friend.
Dogluva, there is something I have in common with your husband. We can both be classed as lucky bastards for the wives we have:-) I'm not there yet. Have to go back in shortly and i dread the thought that they might have to put me in THE CHAIR. reason being, I don't have a fistula fitted. That means having a number 15 cannula in the neck. That fluid in my feet is building and if I can't get it down by normal means, it gets pumped. Will let you know how I go.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dogluva, there is something I have in common with your husband. We can both be classed as lucky bastards for the wives we have:grinning: I'm not there yet. Have to go back in shortly and i dread the thought that they might have to put me in THE CHAIR. reason being, I don't have a fistula fitted. That means having a number 15 cannula in the neck. That fluid in my feet is building and if I can't get it down by normal means, it gets pumped. Will let you know how I go.
Dogluva, there is something I have in common with your husband. We can both be classed as lucky bastards for the wives we have:grinning: I'm not there yet. Have to go back in shortly and i dread the thought that they might have to put me in THE CHAIR. reason being, I don't have a fistula fitted. That means having a number 15 cannula in the neck. That fluid in my feet is building and if I can't get it down by normal means, it gets pumped. Will let you know how I go.

One thing I have learned is that you will not let anything get the better of you. I wish nothing but the best case scenario for you.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, i went to clinic and I'm ok to go home. I went into the waiting room and a young bloke was sitting there, so I struck up a conversation as I do. He's the size of klemmer, 27 years old. He tells me that he meet the girl of his dreams five months ago and is starting to talk about the future with her. two weeks ago, he gets hit by a stomach bug. A week later, he finds himself in hospital. Two days later he gets told his kidney's have died and may not qualify for a transplant. Today, he is learning about dialysis and how he's future now looks, being all of hid dreams out the window before he even starts. There I sit, knowing in a few weeks I'll be handed a 2nd chance, having already had a good life.Whoever said life isn't fair knew what they were talking about. So, when you thing you got a bad set of cards, think of that poor young bloke.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So, i went to clinic and I'm ok to go home. I went into the waiting room and a young bloke was sitting there, so I struck up a conversation as I do. He's the size of klemmer, 27 years old. He tells me that he meet the girl of his dreams five months ago and is starting to talk about the future with her. two weeks ago, he gets hit by a stomach bug. A week later, he finds himself in hospital. Two days later he gets told his kidney's have died and may not qualify for a transplant. Today, he is learning about dialysis and how he's future now looks, being all of hid dreams out the window before he even starts. There I sit, knowing in a few weeks I'll be handed a 2nd chance, having already had a good life.Whoever said life isn't fair knew what they were talking about. So, when you thing you got a bad set of cards, think of that poor young bloke.
Wow, poor bloke, my heart goes out to him

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The world can be cruel..my power to him..and you DB..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

That is a sobering lesson for us all.

DB, life certainly is not fair and we are all reminded from time to time that no matter how badly off we are there is always someone else doing it that little bit tougher. The thoughts that must be going through your head at the moment. Guilt is probably one of them, the others, well I can't even pretend to know what they are.

It is tougher for you in this case because you know exactly what this young man will be facing. You are living it every day of your life at the moment and you have been for quite a time, but now at this exact point in your life it is your turn for a second chance. You are ticking all the boxes and will have been assessed as the most apt candidate for a new kidney. Take the second chance you will soon receive and have no regrets, instead look forward with hope.

It is probably cold comfort but the best that you or I can hope for is that the young man you met on probably the worst day of his life will be given a lifeline, somehow. I just hope that he can be as tough as you and show as much inner strength to fight for it. A stark reminder that we should all tick that box as a donor so that young men like the one you met may have the same chance as you.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
another shit day is upon me, got hardly any sleep and about to miss an appointment!
I don't care I'm sick of psychologists! I'm gonna go back to the quack and see if maybe I can get a psychiatrist to deal with instead?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
another shit day is upon me, got hardly any sleep and about to miss an appointment!
I don't care I'm sick of psychologists! I'm gonna go back to the quack and see if maybe I can get a psychiatrist to deal with instead?
I guess it's what you feel more comfortable with. But I think you are doing the right thing by yourself in following through. There is no shame in asking for help. I personally believe the concept of a 'Normal' person is just a myth. We are all a little nuts and that's a good thing:-)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess it's what you feel more comfortable with. But I think you are doing the right thing by yourself in following through. There is no shame in asking for help. I personally believe the concept of a 'Normal' person is just a myth. We are all a little nuts and that's a good thing:grinning:
Don't want to sound racist, don't care if I do here.
But no African refugee is going to help me with my problems when all she thinks my problem is I smoke too much weed

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Psychiatrist is probably a better option it was what i was recommended. I dont know if this is all in the head and the meds are working but ive been having that v8 vege juice everyday and a couple of tins of tuna (brain food ) and just feel a lot better in general mind you i was living of coffee coke and ciggies all day without food so anything is better than that lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess it's what you feel more comfortable with. But I think you are doing the right thing by yourself in following through. There is no shame in asking for help. I personally believe the concept of a 'Normal' person is just a myth. We are all a little nuts and that's a good thing:grinning:
The only thing normal is a cycle on a washing machine

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know SOH I'm at a stage where I wish you'd take that bloody avatar down!!I am soooooo pissed off with the eels today!!
Yeah its got to be frustrating i was getting a chuckle out of the "victimised " eels fans who come up with ways to solve the whole cap problem and bring down all those other cheaters. But that's worn thin its just another nail in the coffin for rugby league for me now

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Psychiatrist is probably a better option it was what i was recommended. I dont know if this is all in the head and the meds are working but ive been having that v8 vege juice everyday and a couple of tins of tuna (brain food ) and just feel a lot better in general mind you i was living of coffee coke and ciggies all day without food so anything is better than that lol.
Yeah I haven't had tuna in a while, don't really eat breakfast and love my Coca Cola, prefer cocaine but that's too expensive and possibly a little over rated?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I haven't had tuna in a while, don't really eat breakfast and love my Coca Cola, prefer cocaine but that's too expensive and possibly a little over rated?
Lol not sure never had cocaine , another suggestion is yoga im going back to it soon not only does it relax you but 9 times out of 10 you will be the only dude there wink wink

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol not sure never had cocaine , another suggestion is yoga im going back to it soon not only does it relax you but 9 times out of 10 you will be the only dude there wink wink
Lmao! I've played grand theft auto v so yeah I know what you're saying.
Next I will be playing tennis and going horse riding!

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As well as the usual problems I've had over the last few weeks, I have been battling fluid in my system. My weight jumped from 84 kgs to 93kgs during last week and they have given me a few new toys to help get over this. The main one is intake. If you sit down to a meal that has a cup of rice in it, you are also taking in one cup of fluid, which is retained in the rice. My target used to be no more than 2.5ltrs a day, that includes food, drink, coffee etc. Coming out of hospital, they said reduce that to 1 litre a day. I've gone one further and since getting home, have managed to get by on 500mls a day. I love a coffee and when I make one now, it's in a 100ml tea cup. I drink half and throw the rest. Last night, I took 1.7litres of fluid off using my dialysis equipment. I am now at the top end of the safe level for the transplant. I should be able to drag another 2.5 kgs off over the coming days. Tomorrow, I have an endoscopy. If all is clear, I may well get the call tomorrow afternoon to pack a bag and wait. The PAH are currently undertaking seven kidney transplants per week. So, this is as close as it gets. My emotions are fully charged, my family in party mode and I'm shitting myself. It's make or break time over the next 24 hrs. But I'm going to win this fight and find some way to drag Assassins sorry arse ( said as brother to brother) over the line with me, even if it's just through sheer will power alone. I know Assassin is doing it tough today and my thoughts are with you and your family as well old mate. Let's do this.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fmd 500 ml? I've been on 1L a day and it's fucking hard. Good on you bro for sticking to it.

I pray Friday is the day you receive your gift.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As well as the usual problems I've had over the last few weeks, I have been battling fluid in my system. My weight jumped from 84 kgs to 93kgs during last week and they have given me a few new toys to help get over this. The main one is intake. If you sit down to a meal that has a cup of rice in it, you are also taking in one cup of fluid, which is retained in the rice. My target used to be no more than 2.5ltrs a day, that includes food, drink, coffee etc. Coming out of hospital, they said reduce that to 1 litre a day. I've gone one further and since getting home, have managed to get by on 500mls a day. I love a coffee and when I make one now, it's in a 100ml tea cup. I drink half and throw the rest. Last night, I took 1.7litres of fluid off using my dialysis equipment. I am now at the top end of the safe level for the transplant. I should be able to drag another 2.5 kgs off over the coming days. Tomorrow, I have an endoscopy. If all is clear, I may well get the call tomorrow afternoon to pack a bag and wait. The PAH are currently undertaking seven kidney transplants per week. So, this is as close as it gets. My emotions are fully charged, my family in party mode and I'm shitting myself. It's make or break time over the next 24 hrs. But I'm going to win this fight and find some way to drag Assassins sorry arse ( said as brother to brother) over the line with me, even if it's just through sheer will power alone. I know Assassin is doing it tough today and my thoughts are with you and your family as well old mate. Let's do this.
Best of luck dropbear stay strong brother