The "R U OK ?" Thread

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I spent 10 hours at the hospital yesterday, for blood tests and a transfusion. Got a good sleep last night, and feel great today.

Back to hospital tomorrow, for a PET (CT) scan to see if I've had any luck on the Hodgkin's battle. See the Haematologist next week for the results. Hopefully no more Chemo.

Still a way to go with the Leukemia battle. Feel like I'm winning at the moment.
Your doing great guess its a lot harder battle than mine and all you can do is put faith in your doctors and fight from your end until i have to go through something like you are i'll probably never understand how hard your struggle is but we are all thinking of you i guarantee that.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well ive been 8 or so weeks without my wife now and i was going ok had quite a few times i didnt want to go on but iv'e kept going some how had a good week up until yesterday and today because yesterday i had to resubmit all the paperwork for my wife's super because Australian super lost it .Just came flooding back handling birth marriage and death certificates with her name on them hopefully tomorrow ill keep busy and it won't hit me so hard.
Can’t imagine how hard this must be for you...Strength to you mate..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well ive been 8 or so weeks without my wife now and i was going ok had quite a few times i didnt want to go on but iv'e kept going some how had a good week up until yesterday and today because yesterday i had to resubmit all the paperwork for my wife's super because Australian super lost it .Just came flooding back handling birth marriage and death certificates with her name on them hopefully tomorrow ill keep busy and it won't hit me so hard.
God rest her soul brother.

My trick when I lost my dad is when things remind us of them, remember 2 or 3 good or funny things about them.

After a while you end up just remembering nothing but the good and fun times.

God give you strength to carry on my bro, your wife is in heaven keeping your seat warm for you one day WAY down the track.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your doing great guess its a lot harder battle than mine and all you can do is put faith in your doctors and fight from your end until i have to go through something like you are i'll probably never understand how hard your struggle is but we are all thinking of you i guarantee that.
Thanks mate. We all have struggles at different times. I don't underestimate yours by any means. It sounds tough. I really wish you all the very best.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
My wife has many health issues, she is still recovering from multiple strokes in 2021 that really threw a spanner in the works.

Mate, thank you so much for sharing that. I could never imagine your pain, and tbh my eyes are foggy, trying to finish this post.

I pray I'll have the strength of someone like you, should the worst ever eventuate. Sometimes the only thing ever helps, is knowing that you're helping.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My wife has many health issues, she is still recovering from multiple strokes in 2021 that really threw a spanner in the works.

Mate, thank you so much for sharing that. I could never imagine your pain, and tbh my eyes are foggy, trying to finish this post.

I pray I'll have the strength of someone like you, should the worst ever eventuate. Sometimes the only thing ever helps, is knowing that you're helping.
God bless her and you too my bro.

Keep being her rock.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its the weakest iv'e felt in my life not the tears but the Black Dog that hung around my head, it sounds weird thinking i look strong to others but feeling weak. My wifes mother is 80 had a stroke while ago shes now my weekly shoulder and helps me a bit she went through it 7 years ago i look after her place and all her problems are now mine as well . i cant write something like this without the tears rolling down my face was told its a sign of love for her ,man we must have been in love!

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope your wife gets better soon so you two can grow old together.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Strength to you and your wife..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its the weakest iv'e felt in my life not the tears but the Black Dog that hung around my head, it sounds weird thinking i look strong to others but feeling weak. My wifes mother is 80 had a stroke while ago shes now my weekly shoulder and helps me a bit she went through it 7 years ago i look after her place and all her problems are now mine as well . i cant write something like this without the tears rolling down my face was told its a sign of love for her ,man we must have been in love!
Grief is the price we pay for love…and your love for your wife is unquestionably as strong as love can be..and you can rest assure she knew this..Take care

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This meme is the best lingering thing about the second Terminator movie.

Just want to add you guys are stronger than you know. Takes a real man to talk openly.

God bless you both and all my prayers and strength to you.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
You still being here, replying to me, does something that I cannot put into words. Another voice in the darkness, however pained, however faint, is everything when it all feels like nothing.. Let's me know I'm not alone, as silly as it sounds.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's a lot of good people on this our magnificent, sometimes chaotic, Bulldogs supporters site.

All here for each other when someone needs to reach out.

Family club of the NRL.

Should always be "together instead of against each other”.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Absolutely fucking fried , don't feel like in my own body ,numb haven't slept in fucking days.
Keep breaking down over nothing.
Going to the beach to ground myself with a swim .then calling a head mechanic
Mentally, physically or both fried bro? You're not overworking yourself again?

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This was her the first week she decided she wanted to live with me not just beautiful outside but inside as well

Attachments

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Alex Rocco Campillo has cerebral palsy..meaning he has 76% disability down the left side of his body..he has just completed a full marathon..that’s 42km..and has such become the first person with such extensive disability to do so..

Many of you guys inspire me to be a better person..and to appreciate how important the little things are..and help me stay in the fight by witnessing your spirit and tenacity in the face of adversity.. So too does people like Campiillo..I’m sure if he followed footy he’d be a Bulldog..because you guys are the best! :blush:

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As of 23rd/3/23 life's still fucken garbage, trying to keep busy but that has to stop and as soon as it does i feel like i hate my life just the same!
Sometimes easier said than done but we still have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, tell life to go fuck itself and keep marching.