The "R U OK ?" Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice work Southy, I went 6 years and then took the fuckers back up.
Lol it's always with you I only stopped due to the cost, I'm going to Japan soon I bet you my left nut the lure of smokes under 10 bucks a packet will be my undoing

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol it's always with you I only stopped due to the cost, I'm going to Japan soon I bet you my left nut the lure of smokes under 10 bucks a packet will be my undoing
Yeah true. It's an easy trap to fall back into. I am contemplating giving up again because of the cost but at the same time I'm not smoking as heavy as I used to do. Only time I smoke like a chimney is on a Saturday night when having a few beers. Outside of that I probably smoke 5 or 6 smokes in a whole day.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to stop drinking alcohol.

Why is alcohol so widely accepted on this planet?

If you have depression alcohol increases it.
Most people think you need to drink alcohol to have a good night out?

Really its not true.
How much better will ot be for your health and wallet if you don't drink?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to stop drinking alcohol.

Why is alcohol so widely accepted on this planet?

If you have depression alcohol increases it.
Most people think you need to drink alcohol to have a good night out?

Really its not true.
How much better will ot be for your health and wallet if you don't drink?
Yes alcohol is a depressant. If you suffer bad depression then excess drinking is not going to do you any favours. I do suffer from depression and I do drink alcohol but I have a balanced limit of consumption that I know how much I can have without it affecting me or triggering my anxiety and depression.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes alcohol is a depressant. If you suffer bad depression then excess drinking is not going to do you any favours. I do suffer from depression and I do drink alcohol but I have a balanced limit of consumption that I know how much I can have without it affecting me or triggering my anxiety and depression.
Sometimes it takes the first drop to trigger it and other times I need to have about 5.

Either way I'm going to do my best to avoid drinking alcohol as much as possible.

People can think I'm boring as much as they like.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it takes the first drop to trigger it and other times I need to have about 5.

Either way I'm going to do my best to avoid drinking alcohol as much as possible.

People can think I'm boring as much as they like.
Everyone is different just do what you gotta do bud. I gave up alcohol and cigarettes for 6 years, but eventually took both back up. I don't drink alcohol a lot but I do enjoy having a few beers on a Saturday night after finishing the working week.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone is different just do what you gotta do bud. I gave up alcohol and cigarettes for 6 years, but eventually took both back up. I don't drink alcohol a lot but I do enjoy having a few beers on a Saturday night after finishing the working week.
Thats different I suppose than hitting up clubs like I've been doing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everything in moderation. I TRY (I say try) to avoid alcohol, but if I am drinking it might be one or two over the Christmas break. Funny enough I don't get depressed when I drink, I get "skylarky, comical and clumsy", which normally increases with each drink.

The body does not recover as it did in my 20s.

But the days of pub crawls are behind me as every overnight pub crawl brought with it a new self inflicted scar in the morning (twice was trying to drink out of the hotel room tap and headbutting it). Another I tripped myself up and headbutted a door handle, and another I spewed that hard I hit my head on the toilet at a mates place.

So if you ever meet me every forehead scar has a story.

Good times, good times.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats different I suppose than hitting up clubs like I've been doing.
I'm past the club scene. I go to a little pub that reminds you of Cheers where everyone knows your name, nothing overly exciting happens and we just talk shit while enjoying a few alcoholic beverages.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything in moderation. I TRY (I say try) to avoid alcohol, but if I am drinking it might be one or two over the Christmas break. Funny enough I don't get depressed when I drink, I get "skylarky, comical and clumsy", which normally increases with each drink.

The body does not recover as it did in my 20s.

But the days of pub crawls are behind me as every overnight pub crawl brought with it a new self inflicted scar in the morning (twice was trying to drink out of the hotel room tap and headbutting it). Another I tripped myself up and headbutted a door handle, and another I spewed that hard I hit my head on the toilet at a mates place.

So if you ever meet me every forehead scar has a story.

Good times, good times.
Drinking alcohol doesn't make me depressed while I am drinking it. It is the next day that it can trigger it off if I over indulge, hence as I said previously that I pretty much have an idea of how much I can drink knowing it won't trigger me the next day.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm past the club scene. I go to a little pub that reminds you of Cheers where everyone knows your name, nothing overly exciting happens and we just talk shit while enjoying a few alcoholic beverages.
I notice when you drink you seem to talk about the same stuff like a rerun.

Funny how all the old timers down the pub used to give me shit for smoking weed saying it makes you stupid when its scientifically proven alcohol causes brain damage!

Banned
Reaction score
Oh fuck yeah lol ,actually I don't find it hard to loose weight because of physical work but replacing the durrie addiction with food is concerning me a bit
Tried gum and something like a fidget spinner for your fingers to play with?
Change the habits to better ones is the idea...

Banned
Reaction score
We are the misfits, the outcasts, the broken things, the ugly animals.
People will never see us as normal human beings.
We love the darkness because it keeps us invisible, we don’t want to be seen and we don’t want to see cruelty either.
We find life hard to live, that’s why every now and then some of us choose to leave.
Not because life is hard or difficult, but for us it’s impossible.
I wish I can find a way to be happy, I wish I could find a way to forget all that I’ve lived.
I wish I could simply live!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
We love the darkness because it keeps us invisible, we don’t want to be seen and we don’t want to see cruelty either.
We find life hard to live, that’s why every now and then some of us choose to leave.
I wish I can find a way to be happy, I wish I could find a way to forget all that I’ve lived.
I wanna live, I wanna love but it's a long hard road out of hell.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's strange to think that our greatest asset as an individual human being, the very thing that keeps us alive, can also be our greatest enemy and create our greatest battles.

And in all this, still remains the part of our bodies that is the most misunderstood.

And no I'm not talking about penises before someone says it lol.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You sound like Morrisey from The Smiths

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's strange to think that our greatest asset as an individual human being, the very thing that keeps us alive, can also be our greatest enemy and create our greatest battles.

And in all this, still remains the part of our bodies that is the most misunderstood.

And no I'm not talking about penises before someone says it lol.
I hate being human we do the dumbest things.
We are the only animal on the planet to have an opinion of ourselves.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Lately I'm realising more and more, that we are heavily influenced by past experiences (or others' for that matter) and therefore we make up stories and these "what if's?" in our heads, that may or may not happen in the future. We attach ourselves to these thoughts and feelings and behave accordingly. But if we strip it all down and view it from a distance, we eventually become aware of our true self and be more present.

We are way too hard on ourselves (especially those with depression and anxiety). We get caught up with expectations and pressures, be it work or personal life, and we forget to be ourselves sometimes. Take the time to love yourself.

It's a strategy I've recently started to train my mind on, and slowly learning that I'm good enough the way I am.

You're good enough.

We're all good enough.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lately I'm realising more and more, that we are heavily influenced by past experiences (or others' for that matter) and therefore we make up stories and these "what if's?" in our heads, that may or may not happen in the future. We attach ourselves to these thoughts and feelings and behave accordingly. But if we strip it all down and view it from a distance, we eventually become aware of our true self and be more present.

We are way too hard on ourselves (especially those with depression and anxiety). We get caught up with expectations and pressures, be it work or personal life, and we forget to be ourselves sometimes. Take the time to love yourself.

It's a strategy I've recently started to train my mind on, and slowly learning that I'm good enough the way I am.

You're good enough.

We're all good enough.
This is why I love getting it into nature, or even the garden. It's impossible to get pissed off or angry, and it's good to just clear the mind... and good exercise too.

Speaking of which two of my favorite tracks has reopened in the mountains (valley of the waters and giant stairway to scenic world via federal pass and furber steps).

I'm planning on the 10+km Govetts Leap track someone too.