The "R U OK ?" Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got the bone test results and they were a positive as well, just need to the biopsy to be good then I'm sweet. So far the X-Ray is the only one so far that has been a negative with the MRI and Bone scan being good so it's still in tha balance. I'm feeling really relaxed atm but I have like a random empty feeling for some reason. No matter the result I'm so grateful to have your boys' support over the last 3 days.
So so far so good ? Fucking good news

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
I found a lump in my breast last year. 3 days before I could see the doctor and then an urgent referral to the breast clinic. Had to wait more than a week before I got seen. My partner was away for the week and i wasn't at work and had the kids home for school holidays. I had to go back to the doctor during the week to get something for the stress. I had not seen my regular doctor as a locum did the initial exam. She also felt the lump as I was obviously worried and I trust her. She said she couldn't say for certain what it was but thought it was likely it was a benign cyst. She was right.

The point I am trying to make is that doctors are usually pretty close mouthed if they think something might be terribly wrong. They don't rush to tell you it is a benign tumour unless they really think it is. Of course they cant be 100 % certain which is why you need the biopsy but I would try and hold onto the positives of your doctor thinking it is benign.

While i was going through my little scare I relied heavily on some wonderful kennelers.

Good luck with the biopsy

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Endeavour... my wifeys had the same thing...

I'd be terrible as a doctor.

Patient: I have a sore arm and throat.
Dr Invisible: You have aids.
Patient: *shock* oh my god... how the... oh dear.. how do you know?
Dr Invisible:

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Endeavour... my wifeys had the same thing...

I'd be terrible as a doctor.

Patient: I have a sore arm and throat.
Dr Invisible: You have aids.
Patient: *shock* oh my god... how the... oh dear.. how do you know?
Dr Invisible:
Dr Invisible sounds a lot like Dr Google. Dr Google told me I had a rare and aggressive form of cancer that basically had no survival rate because once you had discovered it it had already spread.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just got the bone test results and they were a positive as well, just need to the biopsy to be good then I'm sweet. So far the X-Ray is the only one so far that has been a negative with the MRI and Bone scan being good so it's still in tha balance. I'm feeling really relaxed atm but I have like a random empty feeling for some reason. No matter the result I'm so grateful to have your boys' support over the last 3 days.
Looking sweet so far mate! Hopefully just a couple of grand wasting on a test is the worst news[emoji106]

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I found a lump in my breast last year. 3 days before I could see the doctor and then an urgent referral to the breast clinic. Had to wait more than a week before I got seen. My partner was away for the week and i wasn't at work and had the kids home for school holidays. I had to go back to the doctor during the week to get something for the stress. I had not seen my regular doctor as a locum did the initial exam. She also felt the lump as I was obviously worried and I trust her. She said she couldn't say for certain what it was but thought it was likely it was a benign cyst. She was right.

The point I am trying to make is that doctors are usually pretty close mouthed if they think something might be terribly wrong. They don't rush to tell you it is a benign tumour unless they really think it is. Of course they cant be 100 % certain which is why you need the biopsy but I would try and hold onto the positives of your doctor thinking it is benign.

While i was going through my little scare I relied heavily on some wonderful kennelers.

Wife and I went through the same thing a week out from Christmas with a four and six year old,we couldn't get results for nearly two weeks,that's one Christmas I'll never forget for all the wrong reasons horrendous

Endeavour

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Wife and I went through the same thing a week out from Christmas with a four and six year old,we couldn't get results for nearly two weeks,that's one Christmas I'll never forget for all the wrong reasons horrendous
Yep. All sorts of scary thoughts. You can't help but think how it will affect the kids. Thank goodness benign cysts are a common cause of breast lumps. Still a horrible experience.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. All sorts of scary thoughts. You can't help but think how it will affect the kids. Thank goodness benign cysts are a common cause of breast lumps. Still a horrible experience.
I just read Lilli's thread from the beginning if any one ever needed some perspective on what is really important in life they should read the words in that thread,still can't get the tears from my eyes.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Fuck that must off been hard to deal with, I don't know how you did it with kids, I can imagine how hard it must off been trying to act strong for them and thankfully for you and them it was only a benign cyst.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dr Invisible sounds a lot like Dr Google. Dr Google told me I had a rare and aggressive form of cancer that basically had no survival rate because once you had discovered it it had already spread.
OMG SO TRUE. Dr Google has mind fucked me badly this week.