The NRL hits Las Vegas, where results on and off the field could be explosive

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know I’m in the minority but FFS Ezra Mam to be absolutely distraught and crying after being called a monkey ??? Leniu is a moron but is it worth a month or more suspension?
What is Teddy called Carrigan white trash ? Would we see the same hysteria ?
If Teddy called mam a dirty black c&nt then fair enough. But another coloured man saying monkey is different.
Leniu isn’t a racist just a dumb fwit
Looks like you and Lenui will need a history lesson or two.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
V'landys main purpose for Vegas was not to win over the American public with the game, it's very hard to change people's views with NFL so entrenched in the US from grass roots level.

His main aim is for gambling $$$$$$. Unlike Australia you cannot bet online or app. They don't have TAB's or Betting agencies like we see with saturation advertising of gambling companies on prime time TV.

That, however, is changing and V'landys, with a background in wagering, only knows this to well. Hence why Vegas was the preferred destination in getting this over in the US.

As he said to Danny Weidler, at Sydney airport, when he jetted out to Vegas months ago to finalize details on this venture, Weidler asked "what do say to those who feel this has wider ramifications with problem gambling". V'landys response, "we're not encouraging anyone to bet, if they do bet it should be within their means, it should be fun".

That's the typical response of a businessman who ignores real issues, such as addiction. The guy is a parasite.

A parasite that was awarded an AOM for services to the Racing Industry in which he has increased the number of races from 8 to 10 on Saturdays added multi-million-dollar races in recent years and introduced a lottery type game where NSW TAB players can buy tickets for $5 each in the hope, they can share in the prizemoney of a horse winning one of these multi-million-dollar races. Key word being "lottery". Since it was introduced, huge syndicates have been formed to buy as many tickets as they can, yes there is no limit on how many one can buy, and more often than not it is the same people who get the chance while many simply donate money they can probably ill afford.
Awesome point... I never looked at it that way and should have known better knowing the snakes are at the wheel.

Last edited:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t really care if the Bulldogs get a Vegas start or not. Certainly wouldn’t be giving up a home game like we seem to have at Magic Round every year, except 2024.

Who goes next year?

Penrith and Melbourne are the previous 2 Premiership winning teams.

Parramatta always seem to be in favour in the corridors of power.

The other one will probably be another Queensland team like the Cowboys.

The Warriors are a possibility too after virtually saving the comp during COVID, which hasn’t been acknowledged by those in high places.
Bulldogs go and everyone on the kennel gets a complimentary pass + travel and accommodation

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dunno bro, monkey is pretty bad.
He’s a troll and a chicken fan don’t listen to the clown! Only thing worse was the coach’s dribble to try paint mam as a liar. Disgusting as lote said.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a troll and a chicken fan don’t listen to the clown! Only thing worse was the coach’s dribble to try paint mam as a liar. Disgusting as lote said.
You are the biggest fuckwit troll. You have a creepy obsession with me. I’m not interested. You’re a boring loser who is envious of the Roosters. It’s pathetic. You give the Bulldogs a bad name you dirty little halfwit.

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Vegas adventure was mostly about two things, gambling is obviously one of them. The other is the home audience. As has been pointed out the timeslot for the US market was awful, Americans watch sport in much bigger numbers on Sundays, not Saturdays. It got almost no attention except from YouTubers doing reaction videos that were mostly watched by Australians, and the extremely rare actual North American RL fan.

No, it was mostly for home audience consumption. Chemist Warehouse was painted on the field, they have zero stores in USA. This was about making NRL bigger in the audience that really makes, and getting one over AFL, who have about as much chance doing a season opener in Antarctica as Vegas.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems like it flopped.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no fan of the Rorters but can someone tell me where did Robinson say anything about Mam being a liar?

He simply made no comment as he didn't know what was said or if anything was said. How does that imply that Mam is lying.

The NRL will do what they need to do to get to the bottom of what actually happened.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm no fan of the Rorters but can someone tell me where did Robinson say anything about Mam being a liar?

He simply made no comment as he didn't know what was said or if anything was said. How does that imply that Mam is lying.

The NRL will do what they need to do to get to the bottom of what actually happened.
He didn’t call him a liar. Just said it may not have happened

Last edited:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was very deliberate in his messaging. Couldn’t say it didn’t happen but also wouldn’t confirm it did and or his thoughts on it

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was very deliberate in his messaging. Couldn’t say it didn’t happen but also wouldn’t confirm it did and or his thoughts on it
100% mate. Was extremely coy with he’s wording. The way clubs handled whole thing has been unprofessional.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, some on here are talking about Robinson insinuating Mam is lying. What are they mind readers.

That's ridiculous, he never said anything like that.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are the biggest fuckwit troll. You have a creepy obsession with me. I’m not interested. You’re a boring loser who is envious of the Roosters. It’s pathetic. You give the Bulldogs a bad name you dirty little halfwit.
Hey relax, you want to go off at bulldogs09 it’s fair game, but don’t put our club down with give bulldogs a bad name shit .
We are a proud club and will defend our proud club, so fuck you and the roosters.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know I’m in the minority but FFS Ezra Mam to be absolutely distraught and crying after being called a monkey ??? Leniu is a moron but is it worth a month or more suspension?
What is Teddy called Carrigan white trash ? Would we see the same hysteria ?
If Teddy called mam a dirty black c&nt then fair enough. But another coloured man saying monkey is different.
Leniu isn’t a racist just a dumb fwit
I'm pretty impartial on the whole suspension narrative. Not saying your wrong or right, but this take seems pretty common among Roosters and Panthers fans

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a Roosters supporter I am totally disgusted if Spence did this.
If he did then you deserve whatever penalty you score.

This is a poor look for my team and for RL.
As supporters we have no choice in who the club recruits.. personally I wasn't a fan of this signing.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As a Roosters supporter I am totally disgusted if Spence did this.
If he did then you deserve whatever penalty you score.

This is a poor look for my team and for RL.
As supporters we have no choice in who the club recruits.. personally I wasn't a fan of this signing.
What happened to what happens on the field stays on the field.
Or better yet what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Exactly, some on here are talking about Robinson insinuating Mam is lying. What are they mind readers.

That's ridiculous, he never said anything like that.
He said "just because Mamm said it happened doesn't make it right" so to me that is him saying that Mamm may have been making it all up. Robinson is the biggest hypocrite in the game, if it was one of his players on the receiving end he'd be wanting a Royal Commission into it.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Be easier to just enjoy the spectacle.
But what exactly was the spectacle? First game was of a very ordinary standard. Second game was good but no better than if it was played at the SFS to be honest. Apart from the outside shots of Allegiant Stadium it was ho-hum footy.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He said "just because Mamm said it happened doesn't make it right" so to me that is him saying that Mamm may have been making it all up. Robinson is the biggest hypocrite in the game, if it was one of his players on the receiving end he'd be wanting a Royal Commission into it.
I’m no fan of the Rorters or Robinson but I find it funny how people see or interpret things differently. Robinson is merely saying that he wouldn’t comment further on it as he didn’t hear what was said. Maybe the word right was a bad choice of wording. I see it as he wasn’t going to buy into the subject of he said this and he said that. That’s fair enough.

it’s not up to Robinson, me, you or anyone else to make comment without proof of what was actually said. Now that doesn’t mean Lenui is innocent or guilty. That’s a decision for the tribunal.

Andrew Voss and Latrel Mitchell have publicly said Lenui should be out for half the season! So they claim he’s guilty before going to the judiciary to defend himself. If people don’t Use the word “allegedly” publicly they can be sued as has happened to a few people in the media.