News The Newcastle Knights and the Canterbury Bulldogs are in a four-way battle to sign Parramatta Eels utility forward Ryan Matterson

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch this space.... my key interest will be seeing if he makes the origin squad- could tell a few tales, especially if Burton makes it as well.
Origin noooo farkin way!
No thanks Over rated.
Haas to Dolphins or to Titans with a Fifita swap to Dolphins.
Haas to play with his brother he will get his million dollars then or 1.2 mill.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Over rated sooky lala. Leaves the Roosters for the Tigers, leaves the Tigers for Parra, leaves Parra for us , leaves us for…

Massive knob
Find if funny, seems very lazy but come end of contract time he is a gun for a few games....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Find if funny, seems very lazy but come end of contract time he is a gun for a few games....
Being played out of position and minutes reduced, he has already been quoted in the papers saying he is used to being a ball playing lock role but Brad Arthur isn’t using him as one.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was keen to sign with the dolphins until he actually went up and saw the area. I know that for fact
He has a high regard of Holbrook as a coach …& the GC lifestyle. Problem is his agent is asking upwards $600k/3 year term. His preference is to stay in Sydney; with his current concussion profile will struggle to gain a long term deal & $$$$ he’s chasing.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over rated sooky lala. Leaves the Roosters for the Tigers, leaves the Tigers for Parra, leaves Parra for us , leaves us for…

Massive knob
Agree Bazil. Shit attitude

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matterson would be a good signing. My only worry is every contract year he plays out of his skin and then isn't as good in the other years.. He wouldn't be cheap as his price goes up every game..

But his form this year has been amazing. He's put on a fair bit of size while maintaining his footwork and skills.. He can play middle and edge equally well..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree b train and apex.

He would be a great lock for us. Exactly the type we need.

Allows Pangai to play prop and fuck Thompson off. Kikau on edge and matto at lock. Even if the haas shit has no legs it would be a very solid pack with those 3.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would be great and complete our pack but with Kikau, TPJ and Thompson on huge amounts. I doubt we can afford him unless we offload Thompson end of the year.