News The Newcastle Knights and the Canterbury Bulldogs are in a four-way battle to sign Parramatta Eels utility forward Ryan Matterson

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Newcastle Knights and the Canterbury Bulldogs are in a four-way battle to sign Parramatta Eels utility forward Ryan Matterson.

Via Telegraph Sport

Matterson was in Brisbane last week to have lunch with Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett, who is desperately keen to sign him long-term.

The Eels can ill afford to lose him, having already lost Isaiah Papali’i to the Wests Tigers and Marata Niukore to the New Zealand Warriors.

I don't have the full story if there more to it can someone post it

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't really noticed him stand out enough to say if this is a good deal or not.

Dolphins are apparently prepared to offer an insanely stupid deal to get him though.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Eels have already offered him a 2 season deal @500k a season.
The Dolphins met him and offered him 3 seasons @550k.
The Knights are chasing Adam Elliot very hard as well and will have the cash flow.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not fussed, but he be handy if was the case I guess .!!

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be happy with him, better fit for us than Haas, the more I see of this bloke and his Team the more I want to give him a wide birth .

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why would the knights be interested? They have so much depth in their pack including backrow. I can understand dolphins being interested of course but i hope we are chasing hard. Quality player.