The media want us to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Janice, I share your passion. Don't worry about them. Enjoy the day and in particular the way our team blow the bunnies off the park.
Thanks I will enjoy the day as it all so happens to be my birthday, what a great birthday present it will be if ( when) they win.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
now fox sports are playing the 2006 PF in a clear attempt to get the 'dogs eliminated in PF' juices flowing

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Today's papers have two "off-field" stories:

1. Talking about how Wayne Bennett had a hand in Des coming to he Dogs (overall, a positive story)
2. Yet another rehash at how George Piggins hates Russell Crowe (negative for them).

Yep, a media conspiracy :grinning:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Today's papers have two "off-field" stories:

1. Talking about how Wayne Bennett had a hand in Des coming to he Dogs (overall, a positive story)
2. Yet another rehash at how George Piggins hates Russell Crowe (negative for them).

Yep, a media conspiracy :grinning:
they have to do that to appear fair, they sneak in a few articles in there:p

the main reason they want us to lose is because they want souths to win

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fu*kin media sons of *****es. Hope fully we will triumph

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The Burrow said:
This week, we have all copped a hiding in the press, ridiculed at every turn, told repeatedly our team has no chance and our season ends today and the only people who think we can win are the Rabbitohs faithful far and wide...and that’s exactly how we like it.
This coming from SouFFS fans

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who gives a flying hoot about Australia's corrupt media?
In this corrupt nation it's everybody for themselves and you gotta fight for your rights.

Hans Gruber

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ever since the bunnies were readmitted to the comp the media has gone into overdrive every time they string together a bunch of consecutive wins. So the news hyperbole this week has been unsurprising. In the face of a lot of negativity we have flown under the radar - exactly the way Des would have wanted...

I can't wait for our boys to silence all that bell-ringing, pride of the league, Rusty's rabbits, footy fairytale, the game's going well when Souths are going well, nauseating hype... the alternative is too horrible to consider!

Blue and White in my veins, Bulldog in my Soul. Canterbury for all eternity!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Oops. I think we spoilt the medias party. The fairy tale ends. 40 years without a title becomes 41.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reading the match reports after the game, talk about acting like a spoilt child.

Is it REALLY that hard for the media to congratulate the Bulldogs and acknowledge an excellent game where Bulldogs just outclassed Souths?

Nope instead they have to side with Souths being unlucky and then just stick to the facts about the game.

Gives me the ****s to be honest.

See:
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/14923896/bulldogs-cruise-past-rabbitohs/
and
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tless-dogs-kill-fairytale-20120922-26e8b.html

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since the bunnies were readmitted to the comp the media has gone into overdrive every time they string together a bunch of consecutive wins. So the news hyperbole this week has been unsurprising. In the face of a lot of negativity we have flown under the radar - exactly the way Des would have wanted...

I can't wait for our boys to silence all that bell-ringing, pride of the league, Rusty's rabbits, footy fairytale, the game's going well when Souths are going well, nauseating hype... the alternative is too horrible to consider!

Blue and White in my veins, Bulldog in my Soul. Canterbury for all eternity!
Together.Forever

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. It seems the Souths bandwagon is much more desirable than the Bulldogs one. Put it this way, all week we have been inundated with calls regarding players/teams involved in the finals. At least 80% of those enquiries are to be made effectual IF and only IF the Bunnies make the GF. I am not for a second implying that the NRLwill cheat to get the Rabbits home but, there is an undeniable blanket of support for Souths from every quarter. The media are playing their part in helping the Bunnies across the line. From our perspective(work related) the following scenarios are listed from best scenario to worst scenario regarding the GF.

1/Manly v Souths
2/Melbourne v Souths
3/Manly v Bulldogs
4/Melbourne v Bulldogs
How's your work week shaping up now, fivespoons (possibly one more trophy)?

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The media doesn't want the dogs to lose they want Melbourne to win.

What irritates me is that Melbourne invented wrestling, forward passes by Cam Smith off the ruck etc and other teams like the dogs are paying for it.

Paul Kent said we are the best at it when he knows it all comes fro
Melbourne.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I decided to do the same as two weeks ago last night, I watched the replay on Fox after the live telecast " what a difference "!!! as far as I was concerned the BS commentators on Channel nine were all "The Bunnies"!! the only positive comments coming from the commentators on Channel 9 were after the Dogs scored when they were forced to say some nice things in particular Phil Gould, not one comment on the Dogs defence....nothing!!!
Mixed in with the on the run adds about some Ph******g new show on Channel 9 called House Husbands I found the telecast extremely annoying, Fox did a non biased telecast in my opinion. ( Not looking forward to the Channel 9 broadcast next week end) will Fox broad cast the GF live next weekend???
Channel 9 commentators are already on the Melbourne band wagon according to the post game wrap up I witnessed last night.
Congratulations to the Mighty Bulldogs making it to the Grand Final and having to date a great 2012.
Go Hard the Doggies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plenty of knockers not liking it but thats sour grapes, they tackled their arses off to keep the Rabbits out.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I decided to do the same as two weeks ago last night, I watched the replay on Fox after the live telecast " what a difference "!!! as far as I was concerned the BS commentators on Channel nine were all "The Bunnies"!! the only positive comments coming from the commentators on Channel 9 were after the Dogs scored when they were forced to say some nice things in particular Phil Gould, not one comment on the Dogs defence....nothing!!!
Mixed in with the on the run adds about some Ph******g new show on Channel 9 called House Husbands I found the telecast extremely annoying, Fox did a non biased telecast in my opinion. ( Not looking forward to the Channel 9 broadcast next week end) will Fox broad cast the GF live next weekend???
Channel 9 commentators are already on the Melbourne band wagon according to the post game wrap up I witnessed last night.
Congratulations to the Mighty Bulldogs making it to the Grand Final and having to date a great 2012.
Go Hard the Doggies.
I agree completely the tackle on Perrett from Burgess was viewed so differently on both channel, Gould and Sterling saying there was nothing in it and Fox commentators saying you can't make contact with your feet to an opponent and had no trouble with it being an 8 point try.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reading this makes me feel like I am reliving the 80s and the birth of the dogs of war!!!!!

They Did it to us them as well. Crap about buying a coach (Warren Ryan), buying a team (Peter Tunks, Paul Kelly, Langmack, Dunn etc) Illegal Tactics like the umbrella defence and we tackled too hard(poor babys had a real problem with that one).

When the media turns on us its a bloody good omen. Long Live THE DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What a stark contrast from last week to this week in the media.

Last week Bulldogs were this and that and everything negative.

Now, being the only Sydney team, we are getting more press than even AFL..

Amazing!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reading this makes me feel like I am reliving the 80s and the birth of the dogs of war!!!!!

They Did it to us them as well. Crap about buying a coach (Warren Ryan), buying a team (Peter Tunks, Paul Kelly, Langmack, Dunn etc) Illegal Tactics like the umbrella defence and we tackled too hard(poor babys had a real problem with that one).

When the media turns on us its a bloody good omen. Long Live THE DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I always thought Langmack was a local Junior???

Status
Not open for further replies.