The media want us to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paint.

Ofcourse they want souths to win

What's more of a fairy tale story, "The Bulldogs have made the grand final for the 2nd time this decade, after buying their whole squad and coach," or "The Rabbits are in the GF for the first time in 41 years, with a squad that was deemed uncapable by most."

Pantera

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate.

The media coverage this week is what I would expect, this is nothing new.

Welcome to being a Doggies supporter. It just makes all the more sweater when we do win.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh, I think some of you need to take off those tin foil hats, or at least drop the victim, "woe is us" mentality.

I read the papers and watch footy panel shows as much as everyone else, and all I see is more of a focus on us than usual - of course there is, there are only 4 yteams left (and one of only 2 left with any support in Sydney).

There is no great conspiracy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ofcourse they want souths to win

What's more of a fairy tale story, "The Bulldogs have made the grand final for the 2nd time this decade, after buying their whole squad and coach," or "The Rabbits are in the GF for the first time in 41 years, with a squad that was deemed uncapable by most."
The bunnies also have bought their whole squad and coach

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why isnt there an article on manlys grubby tactics or the storm being gold medalist at the wrestle? Also souths have sent out mr sattler to do the whinging for them.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are the most penalised side in the comp and the media is still b i t chn. 3 losses this year vs souths, titans and raiders we have been blown out of the water with penalties which never gave us a chance of winning and the telecrap and other so called experts are still complaining. Do they wanna watch footy or the ref blow the pee out of the whistle????

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
All of this will make victory sweeter!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Meh, I think some of you need to take off those tin foil hats, or at least drop the victim, "woe is us" mentality.

I read the papers and watch footy panel shows as much as everyone else, and all I see is more of a focus on us than usual - of course there is, there are only 4 yteams left (and one of only 2 left with any support in Sydney).

There is no great conspiracy.
Meh, I assume you enjoy reading an academic piece of writing which entails gossip/bias/editing/taking peoples ideas and presenting them as their own?

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a massive witch hunt against us, and if anyone can turn this into a weapon for us, its Des Hasler. He will use this to get the boys up for a massive performance.

I just hope that the officials do their job, and not the Job of the opposing team against us.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh, I assume you enjoy reading an academic piece of writing which entails gossip/bias/editing/taking peoples ideas and presenting them as their own?
I know we are all passionate fans, but I just think there is some over-exaggeration here. Maybe we are getting "over penalised" because we push the envelope/boundaries. This, at times, will work in our favour as well, as we gain that edge over our rivals. If we started playing more conservative, we might concede fewer penalties, but at what detriment to our style of play?

As a side, this reminds me a little of back when I was simply a lurker, at the start of the season, the dogs were getting a LOT of positive coverage (sometimes of the smallest things), and I recall some fans complaining it was all TOO much. :grinning:

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But the media/public don't look at that. Apparently we're the modern day Silvertails...
They have the most juniors in their squad than any other team. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory though.

I guarantee you every club thinks the NRL is out to get them lol

Blackys Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
This happens every year the question is how do we handle it!!

Remember the Storm getting what for every coach moaning all the papers Bellyache didn't like it. Des has had it at woMAnly and I think is coping with it brilliantly at the moment more pressure will come on GF time.

Stay focused 36-12

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** the media and *** all the haters when we win on Saturday night I'm sure they will find something pathetic to say. So Ive had enough of the rubbish and just cnt wait for sat night....cmon doggiessss

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
It's all Blah, Blah, Blah...... trash talk to sell papers. The Bulldogs rise is like a tidal wave... you can't stop it. When kick off happens, we will get penalised in the first couple of rucks and then the game will settle into a contest. The Dogs will defend stoutly and win though in the end. Barba to shine.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
It's all Blah, Blah, Blah...... trash talk to sell papers. The Bulldogs rise is like a tidal wave... you can't stop it. When kick off happens, we will get penalised in the first couple of rucks and then the game will settle into a contest. The Dogs will defend stoutly and win though in the end. Barba to shine.
Well said big fella

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
this is perfect for us. I like our chances even more with an us V the world battlecry

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Couldn't care less what the media write up each day

former greats of Souths, in the papers, would only put more pressure on Souths.

all these "dirty" tactics by us, plays well into Des' hands, with his famous siege mentality...

he was so successful using this when he was at Manly, and if he delivers us a premiership, no one will give a **** about what was written in the papers.

iDoggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's just the Daily TeleCRAP printing the same crap! Who cares how they make us look. Bulldog's have done great this year no matter what and that's the main thing. Stuff what anyone else thinks!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
dont worry once we beat the bunnies on Sat we will be media darlings again.

Nobody likes Manly or Malbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.