The media want us to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þo£ar ßêar ™

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
within the local media there is a lot of wabbit supporters - No wonder they are trash talking the Dogs ...
Similar to the AFL media - they never can talk up a non melbourne team EVER!
Hope they all eat their words when the Swans and Bulldogs win :-)

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Daily telecrap is completly biased today.

Souths must own that newspaper with the amount of positive media they are getting.

And the poor old wrestling, offside, decoy running Bulldogs are copping all the negative press.

But I guess we are lucky that the Footy is played on the field and not in the papers! Cannot wait to read the newspaper on Sunday morning.......

Bulldogs bite rabbits head off!

SUS_250

Welterweight
Reaction score
According to the media souffs are specials this weekend....
We are no longer under the radar, we are officially under siege! The DOGS OF WAR will be making an appearance this Sat.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am so angry every time I pick up a newspaper, turn on the radio or tv there is somebody from the media or opposition team going on about the Bulldogs. wrestling in the tackle, standing offside, decoy runners etc.
Is it just me being paranoid or does it feel like the media is trying their best to make us lose.
Don't be angry and don't think you're paranoid. The fact is, what you are saying is happening. The papers are doing it to make sales, the radio and TV are doing it to kick up their ratings.

At this time of the NRL year Souths are what all the media want, an underdog with a chance... and its not Souths fault, they've done nothing to push the "little guy makes it big" thing. But reality is what really happens and as I said to a couple of blokes last night who were pushing the Rabbitohs barrow was: "Sorry fellas, its gonna be a Bulldogs / Storm grand final and the Dogs are gonna win it".

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the Bulldogs will win no matter what the media experts try and put out there but I think it will be a great game for about 60 mins and then Souths will run out of juice.

I think the Dogs are too disciplined and have more of a killer instinct, go for the jugular attitude about them.

If Souths win it will have to be one heck of a performance from them.

Whatever happens I want one of these two teams to take out the premiership, Manly are grubs and the Storm are too formulaic for my liking.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It's all playing perfectly to Dessy's script. All the media is talking up Souths and making out as though there is no way we can win this weekend.

Cue Dogs of war

Cue Souths thinking they're better than they are.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
We have had an amazingly sympathetic run with the media for most of the season. The problem is that they can't go with a story of how amazing Barba is every day! Right now Souths are unexpectedly in the qualifying final. Good for them. Their supporters get off their asses and go to the game. They are good fun when they get there and their team has some real champions in it and they play hard and fair.

Taylor started the current trend of articles with the ones about obstruction and now journos want to talk about other infringements. It is a fruitful area for them as its a fast moving game with lots of possibilities to make a mistake. A couple of things strike me though:

1. The change in the obstruction interpretation has had a huge impact on the way the game is played at the line, for everyone not just the Dogs. Why did they do this days before the finals? Madness.

2. There is something really wrong with video refereeing that I truly don't understand. The Cowboys game last weekend was the purest example but not the only one. I support Des' suggestions.

3. Roy Masters made the point that some referees make a side stand back 12 metres and some 8. If you are the team unlucky enough to have the guy who makes you stand back 12 you have a big hurdle to overcome. The field is marked. Surely this is a simple thing for the refs to rectify before the final games.

It will be a great game on Saturday night. Souths will be in it all the way but realistically have little chance of a win. They have been great for the game and their fans this year though. 2013 one of the best seasons ever with more talent spread across more teams than I have seen since the 80's.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
Since when did the media want the Canterbury Bulldogs to win! They are always against us..

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
welcome to the life of a storm support! wrestling techniques, niggling tactics, talking up the opposition like they are undefeated for the last decade etc... at the end of the day it means sh1t and i see it being a storm v dogs GF next weekend.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
paranoia much?
+1... this season we have had a pretty good run in the media IMO. Many articles (rightly) fapping over Des, Benny Barba, JMoz, Big Sam etc etc. Have to take the good with the bad...

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am so angry every time I pick up a newspaper, turn on the radio or tv there is somebody from the media or opposition team going on about the Bulldogs. wrestling in the tackle, standing offside, decoy runners etc, it would be ok if the referees weren't influenced by all of this attention but unfortunately we know this isn't the case, it would be great if the media would focus on lopsided penalty counts and how they influence the outcome of a game but while ever this isn't the case and the referees are sucked in by all of this cr@p the Bulldogs will just have to put up with it.
I don't think I've read one thing about Des or the players or ex-players bit*ching about the oppostion.
If Sir Des was really angry with the media coverage of the wrestling coverage the other day he would have blown up and issued a press conference but he is smarter than that.

He knows that the whole NRL have wrestling coaches so he doesn't give a **** what they say. Wrestling is good for players to have a good grip when tackling a player down low or close to the line anyways.

F

fivespoons

A few things have become clear to me the past few days:

1- The Bulldogs are the only team in the world to wrestle. No one has ever done it or thought about doing it.
2- Souffs have won the last 70 premierships in a row.
3- Souffs have a lot of experience in the team while the Bulldogs don't know what a football is.
and 4- Apparently the Bulldogs won the minor premiership by chance, not by being the most consistent team and having a solid work ethic.

Agreed. It seems the Souths bandwagon is much more desirable than the Bulldogs one. Put it this way, all week we have been inundated with calls regarding players/teams involved in the finals. At least 80% of those enquiries are to be made effectual IF and only IF the Bunnies make the GF. I am not for a second implying that the NRLwill cheat to get the Rabbits home but, there is an undeniable blanket of support for Souths from every quarter. The media are playing their part in helping the Bunnies across the line. From our perspective(work related) the following scenarios are listed from best scenario to worst scenario regarding the GF.

1/Manly v Souths
2/Melbourne v Souths
3/Manly v Bulldogs
4/Melbourne v Bulldogs

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Agreed. It seems the Souths bandwagon is much more desirable than the Bulldogs one. Put it this way, all week we have been inundated with calls regarding players/teams involved in the finals. At least 80% of those enquiries are to be made effectual IF and only IF the Bunnies make the GF. I am not for a second implying that the NRLwill cheat to get the Rabbits home but, there is an undeniable blanket of support for Souths from every quarter. The media are playing their part in helping the Bunnies across the line. From our perspective(work related) the following scenarios are listed from best scenario to worst scenario regarding the GF.

1/Manly v Souths
2/Melbourne v Souths
3/Manly v Bulldogs
4/Melbourne v Bulldogs
I knew this would happen mate

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone else see the war of words on twitter between nrl rumour mill and josh massoud?? rumour mill having a go at journos and their apparent hate towards the bulldogs and all the positive press for souffs this week

F

fivespoons

I knew this would happen mate
Yeah it does take away from what should be a very physical,skillful game of footy. I hope the referees for once are able to adjudicate fairly and just keep their heads out of the papers.

F

fivespoons

anyone else see the war of words on twitter between nrl rumour mill and josh massoud?? rumour mill having a go at journos and their apparent hate towards the bulldogs and all the positive press for souffs this week
It is a joke. There is massive support for the rabbits. It is ridiculous how different my week at work will be if they win. TBH I have never seen so much $$$ in regards to sponsorship and advertising resting on one team making the GF. Bring on Dogs V Manly Pt 4 I say.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
I am so angry every time I pick up a newspaper, turn on the radio or tv there is somebody from the media or opposition team going on about the Bulldogs. wrestling in the tackle, standing offside, decoy runners etc, it would be ok if the referees weren't influenced by all of this attention but unfortunately we know this isn't the case, it would be great if the media would focus on lopsided penalty counts and how they influence the outcome of a game but while ever this isn't the case and the referees are sucked in by all of this cr@p the Bulldogs will just have to put up with it.
I don't think I've read one thing about Des or the players or ex-players bit*ching about the oppostion.
Janice, I share your passion. Don't worry about them. Enjoy the day and in particular the way our team blow the bunnies off the park.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All the media hype towards Souffs puts Des exactly where he wants us. Imagine how sad the Souffs supporters will be in their sheltered workshops next week when they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.